Freedom of speech!

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've only been a part of this site for a few weeks....but i've noticed one thing already.....

Freedom of speech means nothing to some people here, and i'm thinking maybe the moderators especially....

A thriving discussion thread on sonny bill just deleted, as well as many others i've seen in the last few weeks.....

So am i right in saying that you can only post a thread here if it fits the criteria, theme and views of the moderators here?

If so, then not really a forum ey....

anybody noticed a problem with this?

K

KL

people dont like seeing multiple thread on the same thing, post your comments in the SBW superthread.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree about deleting the thread. Seemed like some good old discussion.

Maybe if we dumbed it down more like a lot of other threads in this place then it would be okay.

I'm gonna start a "Bring back Geordie Peats" thread.

Deadset.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people dont like seeing multiple thread on the same thing, post your comments in the SBW superthread.

Well why not merge the thread ?

I can find loads of threads about the same thing.

Got the Monday night thread. Why not merge it with the Ben Ross on the bench one ?

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree about deleting the thread. Seemed like some good old discussion.

Maybe if we dumbed it down more like a lot of other threads in this place then it would be okay.

I'm gonna start a "Bring back Geordie Peats" thread.

Deadset.
geordie peats...lol....

I'm losing confidence that this is any kind of legitimate forum....a lot of people were really having a decent discussion.....

Moderators, whats the story??

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the moderating on here leaves a lot to be desired at times.

They moved this thread pretty quickly...

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
my apologies jasetd, your thread has been merged in the sonny bill thread.

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some of the moderating on here leaves a lot to be desired at times.

They moved this thread pretty quickly...
it's not moderating.....

in a very sad kind of way, its called dictating.....

didn't the moderators learn anything from ww2?

K

KL

it is a dictatorship, if you whinge too much they will just ban you.

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my apologies jasetd, your thread has been merged in the sonny bill thread.
well in a discussion that was going quite well, i might have thought it to be polite to actually let people know where it was going....

this has happened to me quite a few times, and i've only ever posted ligitimate discussion topics (even if some people haven't liked them)....

I'm hoping that this site is a place where bulldogs can get together and discuss the issues that we are facing as a club.....

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well in a discussion that was going quite well, i might have thought it to be polite to actually let people know where it was going....

this has happened to me quite a few times, and i've only ever posted ligitimate discussion topics (even if some people haven't liked them)....

I'm hoping that this site is a place where bulldogs can get together and discuss the issues that we are facing as a club.....
dude, i just apologized and stated what had happened to the thread. im sorry if it wasn't .0001 of a second after doing it..

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dude, i just apologized and stated what had happened to the thread. im sorry if it wasn't .0001 of a second after doing it..
why move it....it was a perfectly good discussion which has been sucked up into a superthread and fizzled to nothing....( i suspect the intention of moving it..)

maybe I will just leave the thread starting to the professionals......

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why move it....it was a perfectly good discussion which has been sucked up into a superthread and fizzled to nothing....( i suspect the intention of moving it..)

maybe I will just leave the thread starting to the professionals......
perfectly good discussion?

what i saw were people repetitively calling you an attention whore, an idiot, a **** stirrer etc etc? like that was even gonna stop...

yes, perfectly good discussion indeed.

feel free to report me to admin if you feel you were hard done by.

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
perfectly good discussion?

what i saw were people repetitively calling you an attention whore, an idiot, a **** stirrer etc etc? like that was even gonna stop...

yes, perfectly good discussion indeed.

feel free to report me to admin if you feel you were hard done by.
u musnt have read much.....

and u always get the few dropkicks that start insulting others....u cant help that....

but just tell me one thing (if u dont mind)....

Is this a discussion forum or not?

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and by the way....why would i report u...that would be silly....i just wanted to continue a discussion that a lot of people were getting into...many people i thought made good points...even those that i didn't really agree with....

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
u musnt have read much.....

and u always get the few dropkicks that start insulting others....u cant help that....

but just tell me one thing (if u dont mind)....

Is this a discussion forum or not?
yes it is a discussion forum. YOUR THREAD IS STILL THERE TO BE DISCUSSED IN A MERGED THREAD!!!!!

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and by the way....why would i report u...that would be silly....i just wanted to continue a discussion that a lot of people were getting into...many people i thought made good points...even those that i didn't really agree with....
well if your so defensive and adamant that your thread should not have been merged by me, the "dictator" lol, there's no stopping you from contacting someone higher than me to reverse the decision. if admin feel that it is worthy of being put back as a solo thread, then i will support their decision.

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yes it is a discussion forum. YOUR THREAD IS STILL THERE TO BE DISCUSSED IN A MERGED THREAD!!!!!
hidden away in a superthread that has lost interest with most....u said it yourself, that u could only see people insulting me.....attention whore, idiot etc....

here is the difference that i see....i start a thread and ppl can click on it and see my opening peice (my opinion)....

they go into the superthread and my opening peice (opinion) is lost away with a million other things...u see what i'm getting at?

or dont i have the right to put my bit across to everyone in a simple and easy way (my own thread)