Freddy Mercury

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he is definitely Indian descent.. not sure about the other things.

saying he was Irani is completely wrong.
I had no doubt he was Indian

The photos they showed of his parents
There was no question they were Indian

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true or not, but in the movie they referenced his parents left some region (I forget where they said) because the wanted to escape Muslim rule.

From that, I assume they are not Muslim
But may explain what you say with his name being common in Muslim regions.
His parents left to Tanzania a muslim country so they cant be escaping one muslim country to another. His family practiced Parsi religion or Zoroastarian which is the same religion as the guy who did the Bourke street massacre in Melbourne. But he was Greek who practiced Zoroastarian.

this is what I found from wiki

As Parsis, Mercury and his family practised the Zoroastrian religion.[13] The Bulsara family had moved to Zanzibar so that his father could continue his job as a cashier at the British Colonial Office. He had a younger sister, Kashmira.[14]

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His parents left to Tanzania a muslim country so they cant be escaping one muslim country to another. His family practiced Parsi religion or Zoroastarian which is the same religion as the guy who did the Bourke street massacre in Melbourne. But he was Greek who practiced Zoroastarian.

this is what I found from wiki

As Parsis, Mercury and his family practised the Zoroastrian religion.[13] The Bulsara family had moved to Zanzibar so that his father could continue his job as a cashier at the British Colonial Office. He had a younger sister, Kashmira.[14]
But did he like butter chicken

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no sure about butter chicken but he did fuck every thing that came his way, that is how ended getting AIDs.
He was bi sexual

Had a hot wife at one stage
Threw it away to also have cock

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
no sure about butter chicken but he did fuck every thing that came his way, that is how ended getting AIDs.
So thats how he came up with songs
Beelzebub put his helmet deep in side of meeeeeeeeeeee.
So you think you can fuck me and cum in my eye?

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So the movie was correct
He is an Indian
But he sure as shit like to ride cowboys
Yes he is definitely Indian descent.. not sure about the other things.

saying he was Irani is completely wrong.
I heard the other day, that the Iranian thing was some obscure claim as he & band had a huge underground follow in Iran & seeing how they hated the homos, sort of allowed it cause if Iranian (supposedly) descent it made it OK

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the greatest artists of the last 40 years imo, the guy was immensely talented. Apparently he threw parties with naked waiters and dwarf's with coke straped to their heads, ahh to be a huge rock star in the 70'/80's.
I remember reading a story about him trying to record with Michael Jackson but got pissed and bailed because MJ used to bring his pet llama into the studio :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But he sure as shit like to ride cowboys I heard the other day, that the Iranian thing was some obscure claim as he & band had a huge underground follow in Iran & seeing how they hated the homos, sort of allowed it cause if Iranian (supposedly) descent it made it OK
Was it kaurosh?

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another bit of trivia, Montserrat Caballè who he did the duo "Barcelona" with died just recently & she had been convicted of tax evasion some years ago. Only a paltry $800m +

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the greatest artists of the last 40 years imo, the highway immensely talented. Apparently he threw parties with naked waiters and dwarf's with coke straped to their heads, ahh to be a huge rock star in the 70'/80's.
I remember reading a story about him trying to record with Michael Jackson but got pissed and bailed because MJ used to bring his pet llama into the studio :tearsofjoy:
I think it was the 4 of them that made the music special without any of the 4 queen wouldn't be queen ,like zep without any of the 4 it would not of been zep

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it was the 4 of them that made the music special without any of the 4 queen wouldn't be queen ,like zep without any of the 4 it would not of been zep
True, I think Freddie was the straw that stirred the drink, without him they lost that spark. Kinda like INXS without Michael Hutchinson

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But he sure as shit like to ride cowboys I heard the other day, that the Iranian thing was some obscure claim as he & band had a huge underground follow in Iran & seeing how they hated the homos, sort of allowed it cause if Iranian (supposedly) descent it made it OK

Zorastarian / Parsi is the original religion of Paras / Faris or as you know now the place called Iran.

Zorastarian / Parsi are basically fire shippers the religion of Iran before Islam took over the land.

Modern day Zorastarian / Parsi is a blend of old fire worshipping religion and islam, just like Skhism is a blend of Islam and Hinduism.

It is an urban myth that the people from older Iran (Paras/ Faris) started worshipping fire because the land is full of oil and gas reserves. The gas some time escapes through the cracks and comes out of the ground making a loud whistle and if it catches a spark it also catches fire. The fire burns continuously forever as the gas continues to come out from the huge reserves under ground. so the fire not only burns non stop but also makes this non stop whistling sound.

Earlier Zoroastarians thought that Fire is the God cos it can not be extinguished and it also made a lot of noise.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The movie is wrong, he was of Parsi descent, he was born in Zanzibar, Tanzania.

The movie got a few things wrong.

In the movie it said he was diagnosed with AIDS in 1985 but he was diagnosed in 1987.
Farrokh Bulsara was Parsi, but yes, born in Zanzibar.

The Brits consider him the first true Asian Rock Superstar.