Official Frawley to Huddersfield Giants

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.giantsrl.com/news/article/7385/woolford-swoops-in-for-nrl

WOOLFORD SWOOPS IN FOR NRL HALF-BACK
29th October 2018

Huddersfield Giants are delighted to reveal the signing of Matthew Frawley on a two-year contract from NRL side Canterbury Bulldogs.
23-year-old Frawley has made over 30 NRL appearances and is the latest player to join Simon Woolford’s side ahead of the new season.
Simon Woolford commented: “I’ve known him for a while now, he came up through the junior grades with Canberra as a half/hooker, he’s really developed nicely at the Bulldogs and we see him as a good fit to our team. He’s got a good kicking game, he’s a competitor and we feel that with the way we play he can add a lot of value to our team. We’re really happy we’ve been able to secure him for the next couple of years.
“He’s still only young so he’s got some things to learn but we feel we can mould him into our team nicely and he will do a really good job. He’s a good organiser with a good kicking game, particularly short kicking game, defensively he’s pretty solid too and that’s what we need, someone who can take control of the game and he certainly can do that.
“It’s going to be great working alongside him again, I’ve known him for a long time at the juniors with Canberra, I’ve kept a keen interest on him and his development. He got to play some good footy at the top grade and he’s certainly shown that he can cut the mustard at NRL level, so we see no reason why he can’t come over here and be a dominant player for us.
“The fans can be excited, it’s always exciting when new players come in and it’s a position we’ve needed to fill.”
Matthew Frawley commented: “I’m really excited about this opportunity, I’ve kept an eye on Super League over the years and have always had an interest. I’m not sure what to expect but I’ve spoken with other players that have made the move to Super League and they’ve said that fans are extremely passionate about their teams and that there’s a great atmosphere at every game which I’m really excited about.
“Simon was the hooker’s coach at the Raiders when I was in the 20’s so I worked with him then. We’re both from Canberra so we’ve got something in common there and I’m really looking forward to working with him and developing my game under him. When the opportunity came up to play for him at the Giants I jumped at it straight away, he came to the Club last year and did a good job so hopefully we can carry that on and have some success.
“I’ve got a lot to thank Canberra and Canterbury for and I’m looking forward to getting started with Huddersfield now.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, someone actually signed him :anguished:

Good on you frawley for scoring another contact, hope it goes well in england

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that Woolford has signed Frawley instead of his son Zac? Do they all have the same agent?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt Frawley has peaked yet. It's not inconceivable that he will come good with them. He showed some moments of brilliance with us, albeit rarely. If the Giants have a decent pack and hooker he's got a better chance to inject himself in games.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's currently not NRL first grade standard but I reckon Super League will really suit him well...I expect him to become like Rangi Chase and all those who couldn't cut in the NRL but turned into stars in the Super League.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope he enjoys himself over there, the key to playing well.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I wanted him to score a contract so glad it worked out for him. Should be an upgrade on what we had him on hopefully.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nice bloke and for all the criticism he copped did try. Good on him for getting a contract and maybe the Superleague will suit him better.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sad to see him go but wish him well. He seems like a good bloke even though he is pretty shite at footy.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I liked him.

Had some skill but had a lot of trouble applying it consistently in FG.

Came across as a really nice guy.

Good luck to him in England. Hope he kills it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope he does well... thought the Wolfpack would have suited him more though