Frawley gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Happy Pay has identified a problem and trying to do something about it. Good luck to the kid.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this is more about showing the players that no one is safe. Des never dropped players for underperforming.
does dropping frawley really achieve that ? his job security never seemed that great all offseason

i'm pretty sure even des dropped frawley last year

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow I’m liking pay right now. Don’t perform go to reserves. Des never did this
All the other player are probably sitting in the changerooms going "so, Frawls got injured ? No ? So he must be playing then ? Dropped ? Whats that ?"

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
does dropping frawley really achieve that ? his job security never seemed that great all offseason

i'm pretty sure even des dropped frawley last year
No he didn't. Frawley was never 1st choice under Des. He only played when Reynolds or Mbye were injured.

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All the other player are probably sitting in the changerooms going "so, Frawls got injured ? No ? So he must be playing then ? Dropped ? Whats that ?"
The players will be stunned!
The days of knowing no matter how shit you play you’ll be there next week are gone!

Apparently some changes in the forward too
Long overdue Trex would have lasted 1 week under Pay

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 forwards on the bench and I’d start klemmer off the bench

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No need for a utility.

14. Front Row Forwad.
15. Front Row Forward.
16. Front Row x Second Row
17. Second Row x Centre

14. Tolman (fml, rather to'omaga or burr)
15. Tulal
16. Fualalo (burr could cover this role too)
17. Fine or similar

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK to 6 and Lichaa to play 80 pls.

We need a bench of forwards to bolster the middle 3rd.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And he spend all off season training the house down!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No need for a utility.

14. Front Row Forwad.
15. Front Row Forward.
16. Front Row x Second Row
17. Second Row x Centre

14. Tolman (fml, rather to'omaga or burr)
15. Tulal
16. Fualalo (burr could cover this role too)
17. Fine or similar
Except that pay is using a benchie to spell Lichaa so he can go harder and in this day and age you can almost guarantee at least one HIA per game and if you haven't got someone who can fill in around the halves/backline you are a sitting duck. So, if JMK is starting then it has to be Brown on the bench. The good news is he has enough size to be able to go into the backrow if we need a rotation there as well.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was on fire in the trial but his first 2 ISP games have been pretty ordinary TBH.
A halve is only as good as his players around him though. Get him into a First Grade side and see how differently he performs.

I saw enough in that trial against Penrith to chuck him right in. He plays to the line, direct and kicks into space.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A halve is only as good as his players around him though. Get him into a First Grade side and see how differently he performs.

I saw enough in that trial against Penrith to chuck him right in. He plays to the line, direct and kicks into space.
True, but we flogged the Warriors and he still didn't stand out. I agree he does show a bit, but he has to show it consistently to get a shot in FG. Cleeland has been a standout in ISP for years...

Reaction score
smart move by Pay, whoever ends up in the 6 has to do more so we don't become solely reliant on Foran.
Foran will try his guts out, but he needs his 6 to share the load

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I swear he wasn't as good in that trial as everyone makes out he was. Set up one try and didn't do much else that was that impressive. Even though i don't think cleeland is the answer either, he deserves a shot before lewis based on his consistent performances last year

Status
Not open for further replies.