News Franklin Pele article

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be interesting how many minutes he gets on sunday
that’s what I feel is happening, test him out. But I’m very worried his Covid has hampered his pre season and fitness altogether. Spewing because I envisioned he would be a monster for us this year off the bench. Him and tpj wow

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
that’s what I feel is happening, test him out. But I’m very worried his Covid has hampered his pre season and fitness altogether. Spewing because I envisioned he would be a monster for us this year off the bench. Him and tpj wow
the only way to get them match fit is to play them long minutes, bust them so they get the miles into the legs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciraldo must've raised the bar, remember players like Binodi Odo running onto the field and looking gassed after 5mins..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm fine with Pele not being in first grade all year. Increase his minutes in reserve grade all season. Then hopefully in 2024 he can be a genuine option off the bench to interchange with someone like Leniu* if we sign him

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sort of agree with this in the first few games. Once he attains peak fitness he will play longer minutes.
And the training he is receiving, will have him fitter than he has ever been.
Speedy, you are thinking in the right direction, actually several of you are. What I saw of Pele, if he gets to peak fitness he will become a one man demolition derby.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It would be so dope if Pele could do that and play with some good strong effort in defense

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one from any team is going to want to tackle Pele.

I can already see him as the decoy on that crash play - will attract 4 defenders every time

Exactly the kind of player that will create space for his teammates.

So many options and we really only need 30 mins a game from him

I can’t wait to see him at Belmore next week coming off the back fence from a kick off

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got skill for a big man - the step, switch hands with ball in contact, then offload to set up a try is special.
Hopefully he gets his fitness up so he's not a liability in defence.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he can only plays short stints then there needs to be structure around his effort runs. The halves need to switch into Pele mode the moment he comes on. The fullback should just trail behind him to take advantage of the space he makes when all the opposition defenders become discombobulated.
:dizzy: