News Franklin Pele article

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a newly made 2022 highlights package. Wow!

what a BEAST!
And there’s peope here saying with a straight face that Steve Mortimer could take him down everytime.
Kess ary.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he was a reserve in reserve grade he's not going to see first for while
He's an impact player that is best used off the bench. Being a bench prop isn't necessarily the gotcha you think it is in this case.

His 2022 stats might surprise some

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This bloke is a very good footballer. He is what's needed in FG, as we are short on props.
He just needs to get his head together and perform. Having quality players around him will be good for him as well.
I suspect he's in for a good season. Will probably start off the bench.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This bloke is a very good footballer. He is what's needed in FG, as we are short on props.
He just needs to get his head together and perform. Having quality players around him will be good for him as well.
He has what we have been missing, hopefully he has it at a First Grade level.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This kids is a beast … if CC can unlock that talent and get his head and fitness in the right place, he could be Willy Mason & Mark O’Meley wrapped up in one ..… I hoping

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what a BEAST!
And there’s peope here saying with a straight face that Steve Mortimer could take him down everytime.
Kess ary.
You obviously still weren't born :laughing: when Turvey was doing it in the era when the likes of the monsters Cleal, Maninga and Miles ruled the lands.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need a powerful impact bench prop like him in first grade. King sutton and thommo have a high work load can play decent minutes so we can bring tpj and pele on for short bursts to give them boys a rest. Tpj and pele the new bash brothers ? Haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need a powerful impact bench prop like him in first grade. King sutton and thommo have a high work load can play decent minutes so we can bring tpj and pele on for short bursts to give them boys a rest. Tpj and pele the new bash brothers ? Haha
His fitness is no where near good enough and from all reports that has hardly improved since he's joined us.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He is what we are severely lacking. Aggression and size off the bench. Hope we find a spot for him in the 17. Even if he came on for 15 min bursts each half he could potentially turn a game with a big run or barge over

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully Pele works his ass off and improves his fitness because it's the only thing holding him back from FG.. If he doesn't take advantage of this opportunity under a coach who will push him hard to become fitter, then he might not get another chance at a regular FG spot again as other clubs will be scared off. Hopefully he realises this and lifts his game and effort to take the next step. It'd be a waste of talent and potential if he didn't..

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a BEAST!
Kess ary.
Pfft, just the usual no-nothing "Hooting from the hill" non-performing experts...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He sounds like a good footy player!
What do u think his best spot is? Maybe he could be a good prop or do you reckon form a lethal second rowa combination with Thompson?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His fitness is no where near good enough and from all reports that has hardly improved since he's joined us.
That’s why I said give him a couple short bursts from the bench to give king thommo sutton a little rest

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s why I said give him a couple short bursts from the bench to give king thommo sutton a little rest
How short is a short burst? I genuinely don't think he can last more than 5-10 minutes after watching him last season. He's a liability in defence the moment he gets on the park and only gets worse the longer he's on. I can't see him starting the year in first grade with Ciraldo being big on defence.