News Franklin Pele & Andrew Davey - SIGNED

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So we cop penalties as do most clubs for shoulder charges but they don’t apply to the Rorters.

Radley leads with the shoulder hits with the shoulder and that’s supposedly a good tackle.

Any other team it’s a penalty and on report.
Burton's fine last week comes to mind. Just blatant lop sided treatment.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched it as he threw forward passes that ruined momentum. Was pretty disappointing defensively. I take it you watched him dive over after taking advantage of a great offload from Kenny Bromwich.

He is shit.
He played well when he was in shit team and now he’s playing a lot better week in a very good side.

I suppose he’s team mates, coach and those in the media who have played the game at the highest level don’t know as much as you, but hey you know what they say about opinions.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He played well when he was in shit team and now he’s playing a lot better week in a very good side.

I suppose he’s team mates, coach and those in the media who have played the game at the highest level don’t know as much as you, but hey you know what they say about opinions.
Praise for your team mates is the same as praise from your own mother.
JMK gets big wraps all around too, he’s not brilliant.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched it as he threw forward passes that ruined momentum. Was pretty disappointing defensively. I take it you watched him dive over after taking advantage of a great offload from Kenny Bromwich.

He is shit.
I also saw the part where they all came together to push shove and meaney looked away and walked off. What a cat.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also saw the part where they all came together to push shove and meaney looked away and walked off. What a cat.

Well they're out there to play Rugby League not push and shove.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

He didn’t play well for us. If he did he would of got more than minimum from offers. He was Fucking shit and again last night.

Yes his teammates are gonna say he is a fucking spud and only in the squad cause half their backline is out. Papen in sees Munster at 6.

Fick Remis is better and a bigger loss and even he’s been meh. Just surrounded by guns.

Harry grant, Munster, Hughes would make Flanagan look decent.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn’t play well for us. If he did he would of got more than minimum from offers. He was Fucking shit and again last night.

Yes his teammates are gonna say he is a fucking spud and only in the squad cause half their backline is out. Papen in sees Munster at 6.

Fick Remis is better and a bigger loss and even he’s been meh. Just surrounded by guns.

Harry grant, Munster, Hughes would make Flanagan look decent.
"he didn't play well for us". Really!

2019[edit]
In round 25 of the 2019 NRL season, Meaney scored a hat-trick and kicked 5 goals as Canterbury defeated Brisbane 30-14 at ANZ Stadium in the last match of the season. Canterbury missed out on the finals finishing 12th on the table.

2020[edit]
Meaney made 16 appearances for Canterbury in the 2020 NRL season. He finished as the side's top point scorer. The club finished in 15th place on the table, only avoiding the Wooden Spoon by for and against.

Saved us from another spoon. I'm not saying he's the first choice FB for any club but he can play FB, Wing and Five-eighth. He's a very handy utility for a decent club like the Storm and we're building to be a strong force again over the next few years.

It was more the fact that the Storm thought enough of him to offer him a contract for those reasons mentioned and that he's young and we weren't going to stand in his way to join such a strong club.

Granted he's no Papen but he's more than filled the void more than admirably while he's been injured. You've also confirmed how bad our team compared to the Storm by mentioning Remis who had gone to another level with the Storm since joining them until injury.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
"he didn't play well for us". Really!

2019[edit]
In round 25 of the 2019 NRL season, Meaney scored a hat-trick and kicked 5 goals as Canterbury defeated Brisbane 30-14 at ANZ Stadium in the last match of the season. Canterbury missed out on the finals finishing 12th on the table.

2020[edit]
Meaney made 16 appearances for Canterbury in the 2020 NRL season. He finished as the side's top point scorer. The club finished in 15th place on the table, only avoiding the Wooden Spoon by for and against.

Saved us from another spoon. I'm not saying he's the first choice FB for any club but he can play FB, Wing and Five-eighth. He's a very handy utility for a decent club like the Storm and we're building to be a strong force again over the next few years.

It was more the fact that the Storm thought enough of him to offer him a contract for those reasons mentioned and that he's young and we weren't going to stand in his way to join such a strong club.

Granted he's no Papen but he's more than filled the void more than admirably while he's been injured. You've also confirmed how bad our team compared to the Storm by mentioning Remis who had gone to another level with the Storm since joining them until injury.
Agree to disagree.

He wouldn’t be in storms first grade squad if they didn’t lose half a backline.

If he was as good as your making out he would of got better than minimum wage offered. He is shit.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree to disagree.

He wouldn’t be in storms first grade squad if they didn’t lose half a backline.

If he was as good as your making out he would of got better than minimum wage offered. He is shit.
I'm not making him out to be anything special and I've said that in previous posts. I feel you're being harsh in calling him shit.

If Meaney is shit as you say then how would you rate Montoya and our other esteemed winger in Knockonbor?

How about Napa, Woods and TRex?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Weird timing for Pele to leave with Fifita and Tolman being moved on you'd think he would have a low minute bench impact role there.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not making him out to be anything special and I've said that in previous posts. I feel you're being harsh in calling him shit.

If Meaney is shit as you say then how would you rate Montoya and our other esteemed winger in Knockonbor?

How about Napa, Woods and TRex?
Napa, woods and Williams all had a period they where quality. Though their time with us was putrid.

Montoya and knockonbor are shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Weird timing for Pele to leave with Fifita and Tolman being moved on you'd think he would have a low minute bench impact role there.
Hunt is the better of the 2 off contract IMO. Sharks don't panic re retention do they.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pele played yesterday for Newtown & was reasonably impressive. Big lump of a lad who seem to have an offload & ball skills. Hopefully another Max King for next year.
His runs are powerful but its just he cant do them enough. He also didn’t want to be involved at all in any defense.

Timsidescoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fairly quiet game for pele compared to recent weeks
10 Carrie’s for 116 metres
11 Tackles no misses
3 tackle breaks
We marked up really well on him he barely had any chances and was always 3-4 in a tackle on him, Still outplayed TPJ imo was good to see that the young fella didn’t back down when push came to shove. Low risk buy but heaps of potential hopefully we can get the best out him.