Frank Pritchard on life support

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember his farewell game for us. An hour after the game he's still walking around the ground taking photos with the fans. Security had to pull him off the field 'cause he refused to leave.

Hoping he pulls through. Met him once and he was one of the nicest blokes I've ever met.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard in serious Covid fight

Former NRL star Frank Pritchard is battling the effects of Covid and could be put in an induced coma, as it was revealed Andrew Johns sought hospital care because of the virus.

The Daily Telegraph can confirm the ex-Canterbury and Penrith forward has spent the past few days in the ICU at Liverpool Hospital after testing positive to the disease during Christmas.

It is understood Pritchard, 38, has long battled with asthma problems and previously suffered from lung complications.
“We’re all praying for him, that he gets better and back to his family,” player manager Mario Tartak said.

Pritchard, a former New Zealand and Samoan international, retired from the game in 2017 after playing 282 games across stints at the Panthers, Bulldogs, Hull FC in the UK, and Parramatta.

He has since been involved in coaching stints with the Samoan national team, and junior development in western Sydney.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get well Frank.

As far as the anti vaxx stuff goes, there's unfortunately a bit more risk for them. Mate of mine has attended every rally he could. He's been very vocal on social media until last week when he offered to pick up meds and food for the handful of friends that had recently caught COVID. It's unfortunate that until it hits close to home, a lot of people don't realise that it can be serious.

Regardless of if you don't believe in vaccines I really hope nobody has to suffer too much with it.

Malla

Reaction score
Jesus
Not good
Hope he makes it
Get well Frank.

As far as the anti vaxx stuff goes, there's unfortunately a bit more risk for them. Mate of mine has attended every rally he could. He's been very vocal on social media until last week when he offered to pick up meds and food for the handful of friends that had recently caught COVID. It's unfortunate that until it hits close to home, a lot of people don't realise that it can be serious.

Regardless of if you don't believe in vaccines I really hope nobody has to suffer too much with it.
I have seen soooo many people who were anti vax now quickly switch their tone as covid has directly impacted them. It’s so important to be vaxxed to prevent hospitalisation. Booster is now ultra important too. I am sure Frank will pull through, he is tough as nails. Still only 38..bloke has soooo much ahead of him!

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly hope he gets better and you can call me what you want if it makes you feel better. I think this is a wake up call to some of his community that needs to get protected.

I hope he gets better and don’t want anyone dying here but I think when a high profile person gets sick you can’t hide behind the truth.
very sad and unfortunate circumstances around a good bloke and bulldog great but you’re certainly correct in highlighting what you did. Should hopefully serve as a massive wake up call for some.