foxtel question

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Im contemplating on getting foxtel at home when the nrl season starts next year so i can watch games at home and not bug my mates to go watch it at there houses or using off my iphone

Its costs around $60 a month for the sports pack over 12 months, is that what you guys use?

I find that cost abit steep when i pay $20 a month for netflix.

I dont want to be locked in for 12 months and only want it during the nrl season, in other tips and suggestions to get better foxtel deals?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Im contemplating on getting foxtel at home when the nrl season starts next year so i can watch games at home and not bug my mates to go watch it at there houses or using off my iphone

Its costs around $60 a month for the sports pack over 12 months, is that what you guys use?

I find that cost abit steep when i pay $20 a month for netflix.

I dont want to be locked in for 12 months and only want it during the nrl season, in other tips and suggestions to get better foxtel deals?
Not sure about this because I bother the bar staff when games aren't on 9. But Kayo might be cheaper and have the NRL.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you set up kayo on a smart tv?
Yea either use a chrome cast with kayo on mobile or their will be a native kayo app you can download on your TV’s App Store.
I use kayo on my smart TV. Canceled Foxtel due to costs

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lg TV's don't support kayo yet, I use my playstation for kayo.

Like others said buy a cheap chromcast or second hand playstation (xbox does not support kayo yet) - much cheaper than paying for foxtel

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would guess yes mate, as said by everyone Kayo is the go.I had the $5/mth package as a telstra customer..gonna take a hit in march(unless having binge helps my bottom line)but there is heaps of sport to watch.Foxtel I have never liked as a package.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can u set up on Sony smart tv?
Dunno. I owned an older sony smart TV years ago that was really restrictive on apps but I'd imagine newer ones are much better.

I guess just do a search on your TV'S app store or equivalent?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Like others said buy a cheap chromcast or second hand playstation (xbox does not support kayo yet) - much cheaper than paying for foxtel
I have an old telstra TV box (my father was given one when he signed up for telstra internet many moons ago) which covers things well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I'm still fuming about that, spent 1000s on a tv and there's no fucking app lol.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need internet to use kayo which means 2 bills. Foxtel requires no internet and only 1bill and can set up Netflix on there if you want that extra

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your a telstra customer you can get Binge and Kayo for 15 dollars a month

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score