Fox to FB, Dufty to Dummy half

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty is our most lethal eyes-up footy player, but he does have a lack of confidence and desire to 'go hard'. This is why his efforts have criticised in the past.

He clearly needs to be in the team and get his hands on the ball in attack. He does well when he goes into dummy half and takes a run (usually when we get a quick PTB off a half break or broken play) but that is because he SEES things.

In my opinion, only Dufty and Wakeham and to a lesser extent Burton have the ability to see things and adjust their play. Guys like Flanno, JuNK, Jackson are very premeditated players that can't spot opportunities when they present themselves or can't force to create opportunities. Having the 3 in the team and in ball handling roles is the worst thing we could do right now and will destroy Baz if he persists with it.

Dufty won't be our long term fullback, but we need him this year and possibly next year (if we don't have any better and he is willing to take another 1 tear deal ), as we haven't solved our playmaker positions.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dufty is our most lethal eyes-up footy player, but he does have a lack of confidence and desire to 'go hard'. This is why his efforts have criticised in the past.

He clearly needs to be in the team and get his hands on the ball in attack. He does well when he goes into dummy half and takes a run (usually when we get a quick PTB off a half break or broken play) but that is because he SEES things.

In my opinion, only Dufty and Wakeham and to a lesser extent Burton have the ability to see things and adjust their play. Guys like Flanno, JuNK, Jackson are very premeditated players that can't spot opportunities when they present themselves or can't force to create opportunities. Having the 3 in the team and in ball handling roles is the worst thing we could do right now and will destroy Baz if he persists with it.

Dufty won't be our long term fullback, but we need him this year and possibly next year (if we don't have any better and he is willing to take another 1 tear deal ), as we haven't solved our playmaker positions.
JJ's role then changes into purely defensive lock covering for Dufty also in the middle?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about the players just go out and fuck the game plan and just give us some excitement and play ad lib footy. Throw it around and just have fun, season done. Give us something to be excited about. Fuck positions Just run Around and go hard.!!!!

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen this comment on Facebook and just laughed why would people even suggest dufty at 9 he never played there before it would be a disaster he don't like to tackle as it is
Heres another idea!!
Dufty to 7 Flanagun to 9 and JMK to bench

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep blame JJ. It's his fault the rest of the team are Fucked after 20 minutes. JJ goes hard all game and I bet it's the same at training. Train hard, play hard. Yep, definitely JJ's fault we can't win a game. I can't believe you dip shits can blame him.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you seen him defend on the goal line? Opposition teams target him.

It would be a disaster. Baz just needs to do his job as a coach and find a way to get the best out of his players.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JJ's role then changes into purely defensive lock covering for Dufty also in the middle?
No I don't think Dufty can play hooker on any full time basis. Was just making the point that when he smells blood off a quick PTB or poor markers, he takes advantage with eyes-up footy.

If Dufty is moved from fullback, he may be able to play a roving wing role like Jordan Rapana does. When the chips are down and something needs to be created Rapana comes in field and becomes a playmaker. Dufty is probably better in attack, but Rapana is better in defence

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep blame JJ. It's his fault the rest of the team are Fucked after 20 minutes. JJ goes hard all game and I bet it's the same at training. Train hard, play hard. Yep, definitely JJ's fault we can't win a game. I can't believe you dip shits can blame him.
Failing to score due to JJ, increases the need to defend. That's the problem.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts??
Fox to FB should be a consideration, who cares if it doesn’t work. We can’t go any lower on table, but we should test a few moves out whilst we can. I don’t think Dufty could play hooker though. He doesn’t look fit and pulls out of plays at times. But hooker is definitely something we should consider with a few players to see what could work. JMK looks so slow from dummy half and too conservative. He doesn’t even look like he’s straining any muscle when he takes a chance either. He went for try against the broncos over the line, he froze when they held him up. We need more of a risk taker from dummy half. Players like Cam Smith and Michael Ennis were cunning at times and would dart from dummy half if there was an even slight gap. I know m being harsh on JMK but if he doesn’t start taking chances from his role in the team, no other team will want him when he finishes with the Bulldogs. For all of his supporters I don’t know what it is you see in him, overrated and inconsistent.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox to FB should be a consideration, who cares if it doesn’t work. We can’t go any lower on table, but we should test a few moves out whilst we can. I don’t think Dufty could play hooker though. He doesn’t look fit and pulls out of plays at times. But hooker is definitely something we should consider with a few players to see what could work. JMK looks so slow from dummy half and too conservative. He doesn’t even look like he’s straining any muscle when he takes a chance either. He went for try against the broncos over the line, he froze when they held him up. We need more of a risk taker from dummy half. Players like Cam Smith and Michael Ennis were cunning at times and would dart from dummy half if there was an even slight gap. I know m being harsh on JMK but if he doesn’t start taking chances from his role in the team, no other team will want him when he finishes with the Bulldogs. For all of his supporters I don’t know what it is you see in him, overrated and inconsistent.
As you say we can't go any lower on the ladder so maybe chucking Dufty into dh will teach him how to tackle as punishment for his poor defence as FB and make him earn his money.

Baz can say to him " asap you build to 40 tackles with no misses, you can go back to FB" :grinning: