Fox Sports Presenters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's doing well mate. Been playing out wide for the Rhinos ( I'm not a rhinos supporter btw), been powerful, breaking tackles and above all else he can offload. Great pair of hands for a big guy. Alot of the UK forwards don't have that much skill, but doing well. Kicking obviously very good. Not just goal kicking but kicks in general play, last tackles and such.

Only really negative is that's he's abit slow. Not very mobile, if he gets caught out. But yes playing well. Do you think he could of done a job for the Dogs this season?
He went alright over here. Won the reserve grade comp as our captain and stepped up to first grade.

Got stuffed around and badly coached like most of our promising players who didn't get opporuniries to develop their game.

I thought he had potential to improve but yes his mobility in defence was his Achilles heel here as well. The coaches bench rotation was problematic for him, like all our forwards.

And of course his goal kicking was spot on.

We are well down on running, off loading 2nd rowers, so he would have been handy.

He looked fast enough that try of the year.

Thanks for the summary. He was a fav of mine and I've been following him.

Who is your team btw :grinning:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox has its agendas as does the Telecrap. They both have their favourite teams and teams they hate. Who they hire is to their benefit and not for the good of the game. The favouritism to certain clubs is so obvious

leeds_doggie

Waterboy
Reaction score
He went alright over here. Won the reserve grade comp as our captain and stepped up to first grade.

Got stuffed around and badly coached like most of our promising players who didn't get opporuniries to develop their game.

I thought he had potential to improve but yes his mobility in defence was his Achilles heel here as well. The coaches bench rotation was problematic for him, like all our forwards.

And of course his goal kicking was spot on.

We are well down on running, off loading 2nd rowers, so he would have been handy.

He looked fast enough that try of the year.

Thanks for the summary. He was a fav of mine and I've been following him.

Who is your team btw :grinning:
I watch a team called Hunslet, who play on the south side of Leeds.

It's the team David 'Cement' Gillespie had a off season with back in 87/88. That's a pic of him as my profile pic. In a Hunslet jersey. If I'm honest he's the reason why I love the Bulldogs. Followed his career when he returned to Aus, and obviously started watching the Bulldogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watch a team called Hunslet, who play on the south side of Leeds.

It's the team David 'Cement' Gillespie had a off season with back in 87/88. That's a pic of him as my profile pic. In a Hunslet jersey. If I'm honest he's the reason why I love the Bulldogs. Followed his career when he returned to Aus, and obviously started watching the Bulldogs
Good on you. Yes I saw you had Cement's pic :grinning:

Been over the ol' Dart a few times and did a car trip around the rugby league areas a few years back. Probably saw Hunslet. Your ground looks better than Belmore lol. We have friends in Dudley.....compared to Australia thats closeby lol.

Hope you stick around on the forum. Give us ESL updates and join in with Bulldogs critiques lol. Give us your take on Luke Thompson. Many reckon he wont come back from Christmas break.

There's several Bulldogs sites and The Kennel is the most controversial and harshest :grinning:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fox has its agendas as does the Telecrap. They both have their favourite teams and teams they hate. Who they hire is to their benefit and not for the good of the game. The favouritism to certain clubs is so obvious
If you watch NRL Tonight, they have the Bulldogs on about once per week for about 30 seconds unless there is something bad they can report on.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you watch NRL Tonight, they have the Bulldogs on about once per week for about 30 seconds unless there is something bad they can report on.
Spot on all they do is rubbish the dogs and really over their crap. They praise the same teams every week.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's surprising considering we've had News Corp big shots at our club come and go and we alligned with Super League all those years ago.

Even in those times we've always copped it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox was really good at one stage compared to nine but it has become pretty bad over time.

Blocker should be first to go and someone should tell Ennis his stupid laugh is annoying as fuck.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox was really good at one stage compared to nine but it has become pretty bad over time.

Blocker should be first to go and someone should tell Ennis his stupid laugh is annoying as fuck.
I hate the way Ennis says the word Superb ;)

leeds_doggie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good on you. Yes I saw you had Cement's pic :grinning:

Been over the ol' Dart a few times and did a car trip around the rugby league areas a few years back. Probably saw Hunslet. Your ground looks better than Belmore lol. We have friends in Dudley.....compared to Australia thats closeby lol.

Hope you stick around on the forum. Give us ESL updates and join in with Bulldogs critiques lol. Give us your take on Luke Thompson. Many reckon he wont come back from Christmas break.

There's several Bulldogs sites and The Kennel is the most controversial and harshest :grinning:
Yes deffo I'm staying. Regular updates on the UKSL included lol

We only have one stand at the South Leeds Stadium though. When any visiting teams stay in the UK from the southern hemisphere, they always have there training base at the South Leeds Stadium....claim to fame.

Love Belmore. Was over in Aus last year and had a tour of the Stadium by the one and only Terry Lamb. Amazing experience.....alot of history and the best part was walking out of the tunnel with Terry. Just me and him... amazing.
Didn't see a home game which was disappointing. But saw us win up at Newcastle and the defeat up at Suncorp or Lang Park when I was a kid.

If ever you over here again. Give us a shout. Dudley is roughly 90 - 105 mins away by motorway

Story over here last week. Close members of his family are saying he's going to be playing back over here next season. Had abit of a fallout with Saints when he left and Warrington are ready to offer him mega money to be there next year. Allegedly, it's not only the homesickness that's the problem. It's not that he can play his usual powerful game down the middle. Either it's due to not being playing or it's cos the NRL is tougher down the middle than SL. More bigger and mobile from rowers than we have over here. But you know what stories are like lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes deffo I'm staying. Regular updates on the UKSL included lol

We only have one stand at the South Leeds Stadium though. When any visiting teams stay in the UK from the southern hemisphere, they always have there training base at the South Leeds Stadium....claim to fame.

Love Belmore. Was over in Aus last year and had a tour of the Stadium by the one and only Terry Lamb. Amazing experience.....alot of history and the best part was walking out of the tunnel with Terry. Just me and him... amazing.
Didn't see a home game which was disappointing. But saw us win up at Newcastle and the defeat up at Suncorp or Lang Park when I was a kid.

If ever you over here again. Give us a shout. Dudley is roughly 90 - 105 mins away by motorway

Story over here last week. Close members of his family are saying he's going to be playing back over here next season. Had abit of a fallout with Saints when he left and Warrington are ready to offer him mega money to be there next year. Allegedly, it's not only the homesickness that's the problem. It's not that he can play his usual powerful game down the middle. Either it's due to not being playing or it's cos the NRL is tougher down the middle than SL. More bigger and mobile from rowers than we have over here. But you know what stories are like lol
Yes there's quite a bit more happening around Luke here. Will PM you later.

Thats great you did a tour with Baa. He's a top bloke. Always ready with a smile and wave or chat to fans.

We did a tour of Chelsea's set up and stayed at one of their hotels at the ground. Weren't allowed to walk on the pitch. Wow what an eye opener. Those players are pampered with all their facilities. Air conditioned wardrobes to keep their suits pressed and jewellery drawers! :grinning: Lamborginis and Ferrari's in the carpark.

leeds_doggie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes there's quite a bit more happening around Luke here. Will PM you later.

Thats great you did a tour with Baa. He's a top bloke. Always ready with a smile and wave or chat to fans.

We did a tour of Chelsea's set up and stayed at one of their hotels at the ground. Weren't allowed to walk on the pitch. Wow what an eye opener. Those players are pampered with all their facilities. Air conditioned wardrobes to keep their suits pressed and jewellery drawers! :grinning: Lamborginis and Ferrari's in the carpark.
Thanks and looking forward to your PM

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Living over here in the UK i don't get all the news like you lot do.

However, what's happened to all the caller's / presenters that used to be on Fox Sports. Can think of at least 9 that have disappeared over the last couple of seasons namely......

Mark Gasnier
Danny Buderus
Alex McKinnon
Gary Belcher
Brett Kimmorley
Brett Finch
Andy Raymond
Matt Shivington
Emma Lawrence

Any updates.........
Gasnier quit
Theres been significant cost cutting
Andy Raymond was the only real loss there.

McKinnon wouldnt have got near there if it wasn't for his injury

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If what your saying is true Thompson will finish up with us in a little over a week.

leeds_doggie

Waterboy
Reaction score
If what your saying is true Thompson will finish up with us in a little over a week.
Maybe.....it's all paper and internet talk. Also said the hospitality has not been what he expected and promises not fulfilled. Not a clue what they are....but Warrington the front runners for him if he does come back next year. Interesting times.....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Maybe.....it's all paper and internet talk. Also said the hospitality has not been what he expected and promises not fulfilled. Not a clue what they are....but Warrington the front runners for him if he does come back next year. Interesting times.....
Any direct quotes doggie?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with Andy Raymond being the only real loss from that list. There’s good reason why he resonated with Dogs fans - he’s a Dogs fan himself. Top man. Always enjoyed his calls in both League and Boxing.

Finch is a bumbling idiot but he’s already managed to find a new gig since being booted from the Warriors bubble - he’s been working as a Presenter for PointsBet on 7’s spring racing coverage for the past couple of weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"Promises not fulfilled" lol yup, sounds like us. I'd be fucking stoked if he headed back to England, leg drive is average, no late footwork, no offload..he just looks miles off being an elite forward.