Opinion Fox sports predict we will finish 15th in 2021

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Back to 24 games this year.
Even so I don't see us finishing 15th but that's just a personal opinion. This far out from a season with player movements still happening predicting the ladder is about as easy as predicting the lottery.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no spoon and I am happy... we might be on the upward swing after years of sh*t but there is no quick fix to the damage done to the FG squad and club as a whole since 2012

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing is the experts are wrong every year so we have that on our side lol.
we were projected to finish 8th at the beginning of the 2002 season... and yet the narrative would have you believe that we had an unfair advantage that year instead of simply over paying our players

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With this team - fighting it out with 3-4 other teams for the 8th spot:
1. Averillo
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric
5. DWZ
6. Wakeham
7. Flanno
8. Thompson
9. JMK
10. Hetherington
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliot
14. Waddell
15. Renouf
16. Napa
17. Doorey
Thats the best we got - hopefully Burton comes, which could push Wakeham to hooker and JMK out.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
With this team - fighting it out with 3-4 other teams for the 8th spot:
1. Averillo
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric
5. DWZ
6. Wakeham
7. Flanno
8. Thompson
9. JMK
10. Hetherington
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Elliot
14. Waddell
15. Renouf
16. Napa
17. Doorey
Thats the best we got - hopefully Burton comes, which could push Wakeham to hooker and JMK out.

Wakeham Hooker?
get off the juice
the bloke is absosulte Shithouse

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is ludicrous?
The new signings, plus our existing players and new coaching staff + the new fresh set-up with training facilities..
I think our team looks nicely balanced, I'd be shocked if we finished below 9th.
Am I being too ambitious?
I guess so. Most have identified hooker, and our 1-5 backline as a major weakness. We’ve only added cotric. It will take time to mould the squad the way Barrett wants.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have always thought that the 2020 roster was better than 15th place in spite of everything.

Change of coach, (which hopefully proves an improvement) staff and tactics will make a difference with the same group of players, but I think the big one is fitness in the last 20 minutes of a game. Would be good if we had more of an attacking mindset as well!!

All this combined should see the same players around 10th-12th on the ladder. I think it’s a chasm from 10th to 7-8th which requires player upgrades which are coming.

Recall we lost quite a few close games this season which I put down to inferior fitness (amongst other things) which could have seen us higher on the ladder. I will be shocked if, at the least, we are not one of the fittest half dozen teams in the comp next year.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember they predicted the dogs to finish 9th in 2008 and we came last

Just because you're an ex player doesn't make you an expert

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a lot of player movement to go yet.
If we can somehow get Burton, a quality hooker and a decent centre between now and kick off, as well as some improvement in the squad from the new coaching set up we may just push for the 8.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you are.
Who have we got next year ?
Fanagan
Great signing but can we go up 7 spots just because of him? I doubt it

we still have a weak spine, I think we are just excited for change, Burton comes over and then we are talking.
Yep, Flannagan will EVENTUALLY be a very very good player but not for a few years.

Last season he was ok/solid with having arguably the best 5/8 in the game and the best player in the world out the back behind a gun pack.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we will finish somewhere between 11th to 16th.
Areas of weakness remain.
Wakeham & Lewis are not even first grade standard.
JMK is average.
Napa is absolute shit.
Hopefully Barrett gets the team to over perform.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those 7 or so games we lost by 6 points or less this year will be Ws under Barrett

Our strength and conditioning has been well below par for years now and that’s all about to change

We will not finish 15th