Opinion Fox sports predict we will finish 15th in 2021

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is ludicrous?
The new signings, plus our existing players and new coaching staff + the new fresh set-up with training facilities..
I think our team looks nicely balanced, I'd be shocked if we finished below 9th.
Am I being too ambitious?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes you are.
Who have we got next year ?
Fanagan
Great signing but can we go up 7 spots just because of him? I doubt it

we still have a weak spine, I think we are just excited for change, Burton comes over and then we are talking.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The new signings, plus our existing players and new coaching staff + the new fresh set-up with training facilities..
I think our team looks nicely balanced, I'd be shocked if we finished below 9th.
Predicting we finish 12,10 just outside the 8, whatever is pointless I feel. Let the commentators, the so-called experts do there thing, fuckin Joey Johns picks a horse you know that ***** gonna run last.
I think we are all buzzing hoping for big things but Im not going to be pissed if we dont make the 8.
Let everone write us off so we can enjoy the ride without expectations.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd say you're not inside Bulldogs fans, but from the outside (other supporters) you're. I look at the roster and I don't think we've strengthened it enough to move that far up the table. If we were to bring Burton and JAC over early for 2021 as well as a top hooker, e.g. Brandon Smith, than a lot more people would place us to finish higher. I think where they're putting us, as well as where we're in the betting, is pretty realistic for our expectations for next year. I personally have us finishing 13th-16th as is, but I think it's possible we can finish 9th-12th. I'm not expecting that tho. There are always teams that do better than expected and there's been a lot positive change around the club, I think it's unknown how much of an impact it's going to have and probably not enough to justify putting us over other teams. I've always said the roster isn't good enough when comparing it to other NRL teams.

Last edited:

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little bit lol basically the same team as last year I’m not trying to be a downer I’m predicting slight Improvement on last year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pfft! "FOX," What do you expect, Journalism?!
It's literally everyone, not just FOX. We can't just ignore everyone (well we can, but there's a reason why they're saying it). Anything is possible, and that's about all we can say.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you are.
Who have we got next year ?
Fanagan
Great signing but can we go up 7 spots just because of him? I doubt it

we still have a weak spine, I think we are just excited for change, Burton comes over and then we are talking.
I think if we play exactly the same as we did and score a few more tries we surely climb above 15.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They also predicted broncos to finish higher than penrith this year (8th & 10th). It's just their opinion. It's a shit opinion but I guess everyone's entitled to one.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just seen okunbor, he looks strong, haven’t seen much media internal over the last few yrs so not much to go on, but the lads look like they are getting put through a missive pre season. Much to our game plan I don’t know, but training and strength trading looks massive, for the first time in yrs I’m very positive. Not just new recruits but as a whole, it has a polish on it, they way they are all talking and as a whole, from top to field, updates to social media it seems measured and sophisticated. There looks to be a happiness that hasn’t been there for ages, even with des, towards his end he needed a gf win abs it became about him not the team, pay was lost. I feel we are back to footy, what I love is there has been no promises, pay promised dogs of war, he produced boring, no idea, plain backwards football.
The guys now seem to be starting from the bottom with a totally different outlook. Not dwelling on what we had, just starting from now. Been a long time supporter, and to be honest I’m excited every year, but this year I’m excited and calm, I’m not expecting anything just happy for the lads, club and fans..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the current team, I have us around 10th-12th. Burton is coming in 2022, but if he’s gets an early release and we can score another quality signing, should be pushing for top 8

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
10th position this year was 16 points which is 8 wins. I can see us getting to around that mark.

I just don't see us finishing 15th because that's where we finished this year. I'm sure with better coaching and even just the players we've signed at the moment we can win a few of the close games that we didn't this year.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
10th position this year was 16 points which is 8 wins. I can see us getting to around that mark.

I just don't see us finishing 15th because that's where we finished this year. I'm sure with better coaching and even just the players we've signed at the moment we can win a few of the close games that we didn't this year.
Back to 24 games this year.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They predicited us to win the comp in 2013 and we know how average that year was.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
It is impossible to know exactly where, but we have changed alot coaching wise:

1. New Board
2. New Head Coach
3. New Assistant Coaches
4. New Strength and Conditioning Coach
5. New Halfback
6. New Centre
7. New Forwards

I mean most of these changes should turn out to be improvements on last year 1 through to 7. So considering we finished 15th this year, it's extremely unlikely we end up there this year. My prediction without Burton or ADC for 2021, is that we finish 9-10th.

But the biggest factor will be Barrett and his handpicked assistants, if this whole new Barrett regime flops, we are in for another couple of years of pain (albeit nothing like what we have experienced the last 3 years)