Opinion Fox sports predict we will finish 15th in 2021

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we will be around 9-12. I just can’t see is making the 8 with our spine. And I still have massive question marks over our pack too

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is ludicrous?
The new signings, plus our existing players and new coaching staff + the new fresh set-up with training facilities..
I think our team looks nicely balanced, I'd be shocked if we finished below 9th.
Am I being too ambitious?
We have a few top sides early in the year. How we handle those games while we're still finding our feet will determine the rest of the year. If we start as poorly as this year, I expect we'll see roster changes and instability = Groundhog Day.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say you're not inside Bulldogs fans, but from the outside (other supporters) you're. I look at the roster and I don't think we've strengthened it enough to move that far up the table. If we were to bring Burton and JAC over early for 2021 as well as a top hooker, e.g. Brandon Smith, than a lot more people would place us to finish higher. I think where they're putting us, as well as where we're in the betting, is pretty realistic for our expectations for next year. I personally have us finishing 13th-16th as is, but I think it's possible we can finish 9th-12th. I'm not expecting that tho. There are always teams that do better than expected and there's been a lot positive change around the club, I think it's unknown how much of an impact it's going to have and probably not enough to justify putting us over other teams. I've always said the roster isn't good enough when comparing it to other NRL teams.
Sad but true for me at this stage as well..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just seen okunbor, he looks strong, haven’t seen much media internal over the last few yrs so not much to go on, but the lads look like they are getting put through a missive pre season. Much to our game plan I don’t know, but training and strength trading looks massive, for the first time in yrs I’m very positive. Not just new recruits but as a whole, it has a polish on it, they way they are all talking and as a whole, from top to field, updates to social media it seems measured and sophisticated. There looks to be a happiness that hasn’t been there for ages, even with des, towards his end he needed a gf win abs it became about him not the team, pay was lost. I feel we are back to footy, what I love is there has been no promises, pay promised dogs of war, he produced boring, no idea, plain backwards football.
The guys now seem to be starting from the bottom with a totally different outlook. Not dwelling on what we had, just starting from now. Been a long time supporter, and to be honest I’m excited every year, but this year I’m excited and calm, I’m not expecting anything just happy for the lads, club and fans..
Good attitude to have. I have no expectations of anything great this year, but don't feel as pessimistic for 2021 as I have the past couple of years.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Those 7 or so games we lost by 6 points or less this year will be Ws under Barrett

Our strength and conditioning has been well below par for years now and that’s all about to change

We will not finish 15th
Even if we lost approx. half of those 7 or so games, we'd still miss the spoon.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the moment we're the highest odd to make the eight paying $4 which good I know I've will putting a couple of hundred down to make it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still see easily 4-5 teams with a worse roster and haven’t improved anything for next season. We are a club on the way back up and with a point to prove.
A decent 7, some aggression up front and speed and skill out wide. Yes we need some more troops to be a legitimate force but don’t see us at the bottom of the ladder.
Just outside the 8 at the moment, depending on how we click

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still see easily 4-5 teams with a worse roster and haven’t improved anything for next season. We are a club on the way back up and with a point to prove.
A decent 7, some aggression up front and speed and skill out wide. Yes we need some more troops to be a legitimate force but don’t see us at the bottom of the ladder.
Are you counting ado Carr and Burton in this assumption for next year?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes baz is signing the right players
But not enough yet to make a massive difference
I hope people aren’t getting g there hopes up then rage at Barrett when we don’t make 4 or 8 etc etc
There will always be people on here who don’t have a realist bone in their body. Just the way it is. My favorite is when people start guessing players salaries and what our cap situation is like

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wondering which 4-5 teams you feel have a worse roster than us?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo, just on the strength of the team atm, i.e. no burton and extra signings, 15th is a fair assessment.
At the back we signed cotric but lost reimis + injury to okunbor, not much improvement there.
In the forwards we got hetherington and waddell. They havent proven much at nrl level.
We got flanno but hes only young and hasnt got much experience. i doubt he can change things by himself.

Obviously im hoping we can do much better. As it is though, the hope is on the new coaching team to bring ideas and energy to the team.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is impossible to know exactly where, but we have changed alot coaching wise:

1. New Board
2. New Head Coach
3. New Assistant Coaches
4. New Strength and Conditioning Coach
5. New Halfback
6. New Centre
7. New Forwards

I mean most of these changes should turn out to be improvements on last year 1 through to 7. So considering we finished 15th this year, it's extremely unlikely we end up there this year. My prediction without Burton or ADC for 2021, is that we finish 9-10th.

But the biggest factor will be Barrett and his handpicked assistants, if this whole new Barrett regime flops, we are in for another couple of years of pain (albeit nothing like what we have experienced the last 3 years)
It's because of everything you have outlined in your 7 points plus the fact that I believe we will land Burton for 2021 that I believe we are certainties for the top 8 if we don't suffer any major injuries.
Further to this, If we manage to land 2 other quality players for our remaining 2 roster spots, then I believe top 6 is not out of reach - especially if we nab JAC & a quality 9.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are these the same flops that tipped the Broncos and Knights to win the last few comps?

I reckon we'll finish somewhere between 7th and 10th. There's no way we'll finish bottom two. I love all of the pundits writing us off. It will provide even more motivation.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I advise you all to not get too excited for next season. It will serve you far better to expect a small improvement rather than a drastic one.

Who knows, maybe we will make the 8 but I am definitely not setting myself up for that kind of disappointment. I will be happy if I see improvement in our structures and a platform to build on for subsequent years.