Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That seems a likely team. I would swap Klemmer to prop and Tolman to lock.
Maybe Rhyse Martin instead of Elliott as he is a kicker. I would also have Taulau instead of Priest.
Has anyone herd how Renouf Toomaga is comming along?

He has been with us for a while, I recall he was killing at centre in his first year of U20's, looking at his profile he is out to 110kg and listed as a back rower now.

But kicking goals is a big plus for Martin

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klemmer and Woods play Origin and International as propping partners yet he’s going to be 13!? Lol

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh he's barely a prop, doubt he will see much first grade unless an injury or two come up. Definitely not in our best 17, especially if Elliott is moving to lock.
Ye I saw that interview with Elloitt, he said Pay's plan for him was more in the middle with more freedom to use his skills etc. "Put the ball on the boot" I think he said.

So does this mean Pay is looking to bring back the o'lskool ball playing style lock?

Only thing that worries me about this is I recall Elliott having a mistake or 2 in him. That was as a ball runner, maybe this roll will suit him better?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That seems a likely team. I would swap Klemmer to prop and Tolman to lock.
Maybe Rhyse Martin instead of Elliott as he is a kicker. I would also have Taulau instead of Priest.
Spot on

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Hasler's system they were.
Klemmer was one of our best last year but really only a shadow of what he can be. He played different at lock and just wasn't as penetrative. Watching him in the tests proved where he should be playing. I can't comprehend an Australian front rower not playing there for his club and I can't believe an old prop like Pay won't use him for what he's best at.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ye I saw that interview with Elloitt, he said Pay's plan for him was more in the middle with more freedom to use his skills etc. "Put the ball on the boot" I think he said.

So does this mean Pay is looking to bring back the o'lskool ball playing style lock?

Only thing that worries me about this is I recall Elliott having a mistake or 2 in him. That was as a ball runner, maybe this roll will suit him better?
Well a starting lock is pretty much that these days, they need to provide something with the ball in hand to add that extra dimension in attack. I know the Raiders moved Whitehead to lock towards the end of last season, could have been a suggestion by Pay? Maybe?

From what we have heard in interviews, i'm guessing our pack will look like this..

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (C)
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. ??????
15. Tolman
16. Fulalao
17. Tualau

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well a starting lock is pretty much that these days, they need to provide something with the ball in hand to add that extra dimension in attack. I know the Raiders moved Whitehead to lock towards the end of last season, could have been a suggestion by Pay? Maybe?

From what we have heard in interviews, i'm guessing our pack will look like this..

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (C)
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. ??????
15. Tolman
16. Fulalao
17. Tualau
I think that will be pretty close, I personally hope we have someone else good enough to push Tualau out of the team. No sure if Elliott will start in the 13?

We have already had this debate in another thread, however I would say that Graham has influenced the game that much that the ability to play with the ball in hand or at least run a block play well is a requirement for a prop these days. Not that it is specilised to the lock position.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (C)
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. ??????
15. Tolman
16. Fulalao
17. Tualau
Brown at 14

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh if only tolman was not given another contract. Wouldn't mind klem at prop and jacko and martin as backrowers and Elliott at lock if he can improve his defence. Also RFM to get a lot more mins

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Probably got the info off our website which is also always up to date!
We are so up to date most of the forum is in the future

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (C)
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. ??????
15. Tolman
16. Fulalao
17. Tualau
Great pack I really like the look of that. Im willing to give Elliot a go as our starting lock. He has a big motor def really well can hit a hole in attack has decent pace has mongreal and is very moblie. A moblie lock is especially not having a slow prop play as a lock.

With our starting pack like that it will be very aggressive and has some mongrel about it. LINE SPEED IN DEF is what this pack will have. Move up in def and smash the opposition is what I want to see.

I also like the bench with three middles which is what most good teams have. Fauolo and Taulau provide the impact while Tolman can do the dirty while our starters are resting. If RFM needs a rest then Elliot can always slot in on the edge.

An up tempo style of play is what I want to see in attack. Line speed in def and moving up hard and quick with mongreal and agreesive def is what we should be doing.

Elliot RFM and Jackson is a great backrow. Very moblie which is what a back row should be. All three can always rotote between the edge and middle similar to what NSW did in origin. We all know Jackson is brilliant. We now need Elliot and RFM to go to the next level and really step up this year. There both in there mid 20s entering the prime of there caeers its now or never for these 2. We need them both to have breakout seasons.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think that will be pretty close, I personally hope we have someone else good enough to push Tualau out of the team. No sure if Elliott will start in the 13?

We have already had this debate in another thread, however I would say that Graham has influenced the game that much that the ability to play with the ball in hand or at least run a block play well is a requirement for a prop these days. Not that it is specilised to the lock position.
why would you want tualau out of the team; he’s a young hard-hitting prop and will provide great impact. There is no one better than him who could take his spot anyway but if I recall from the games he played for us last season, he did little to no wrong and he had a sensational performance in the ISP final.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh if only tolman was not given another contract. Wouldn't mind klem at prop and jacko and martin as backrowers and Elliott at lock if he can improve his defence. Also RFM to get a lot more mins
Wouldn't be surprised at all if that's our starting pack for game 1 - maybe RFM in for Martin. If RFM can prove his defence and durability to play 80, I reckon Pay will start him at some point for his ability to create second phase play.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I originally had RFM there but who's gonna kick the goals. I think it's best to leave Holland out and keep Moses far away from the kicking tee unless his seriously improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.