News Fox sports 20 bold predictions for 2021- Bulldogs to make the eight

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Arch rivals to clash in historic GF, Sharks to get the spoon: 20 BOLD predictions for 2021 NRL season

It is a little over three months out from the start of the 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership race and diehard fans will already be dreaming up different scenarios of how the season pans out.

Eight teams will be looking to break into the top eight, while eight teams will want to stay there and all 16 will have their eyes on the top prize, premiership glory.

Foxsports.com.au brings you 20 bold predictions to whet your appetite for the 2021 NRL season.

1. BULLDOGS TO MAKE THE TOP EIGHT

They may have finished second last in 2020, but it won’t be the same Bulldogs side that runs out for Round 1 next season.

Canterbury have had one of the biggest recruitment drives in the NRL with Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan, Corey Wadell and Jack Hetherington all joining the club with a point to prove.

The Bulldogs also have a new coach in Trent Barrett and High Performance Consultant and former All Blacks coach Steve Hansen to help mould the squad into a premiership force again.

Barrett’s impact on the Panthers can’t be underestimated given that he helped the team to a 17-game winning streak and minor premiership in 2020.

Couldn't be effed posting the rest of the article because of the formatting...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pretty ridiculous predictions in that article. Manly to make the top 4 and Storm to miss the top 4? What? I have Manly well outside the 8. I agree with the Panthers sliding out of the top, think they could finish 5th or 6th. Also Broncos 9th is pretty optimistic.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some pretty ridiculous predictions in that article. Manly to make the top 4 and Storm to miss the top 4? What? I have Manly well outside the 8. I agree with the Panthers sliding out of the top, think they could finish 5th or 6th. Also Broncos 9th is pretty optimistic.
Bold predictions, they don't think they'll happen, <50% chance at best (some of them closer to 10% chance). Some people like running with a couple of these to be different, e.g. Bulldogs to make the 8.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm
Panthers
Rabbitohs
Roosters
Raiders
Eels
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs

None of the other teams are any stronger than us so we're a good possibility.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm
Panthers
Rabbitohs
Roosters
Raiders
Eels
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs

The only difference I would have would be titans instead of manly. We have a good draw.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm
Panthers
Rabbitohs
Roosters
Raiders
Eels
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs

I actually think the sea eagles will struggle. Fonua Blake is a big loss , Foran will get injured , apart from Turbo they lack speed out wide and they don’t have a recognised hooker.

But it’s so hard to predict. No one thought Penrith would do as well as they did and probably the storm either. What you can’t predict is player development. Look how much the key players at Penrith improved. Also with the storm , Hughes and Papenhausen improved out of sight. I actually thought Hughes went terrible at halfback in 2019 but in one off season he turned into a farkin world beater

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Storm
Panthers
Rabbitohs
Roosters
Raiders
Eels
Sea Eagles
Bulldogs

Knights tigers and titans could improve and nudge in.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights tigers and titans could improve and nudge in.
Can't see where the tigers will improve.
Have they signed anyone of note?
Only player I can think of is Ofa but he is rocks and diamonds in poor form.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see where the tigers will improve.
Have they signed anyone of note?
Only player I can think of is Ofa but he is rocks and diamonds in poor form.
Tamou and James Roberts. They need spine players

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FK unreal.
Didnt they just tip us for 15th place last week?

Sharts to get the spoon :hearteyes:
They're just covering all bases now so they can be right no matter what, and remind us about it later.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can get burton for next year I think we will make the 8. If we don’t get him I can’t see us making it

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
most exciting prospect in the NRL is Jake Avarillo. Bold predictions is he wins Dally M and we make top 4!