News Fox sports 20 bold predictions for 2021- Bulldogs to make the eight

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS

2020 finish
: 15th

2021 gains: Jack Hetherington, Nick Cotric, Corey Waddell, Kyle Flanagan

2021 losses: Sauaso Sue, Reimis Smith, Kerrod Holland, Kieran Foran, Marcelo Montoya, Aiden Tolman, Jack Cogger, Tim Lafai, Isaiah Tass

Premiership window: Slowly being pushed open

Explainer: It’s been a rough few years for proud Canterbury fans but it seems there’s light at the end of the tunnel, albeit a long tunnel. There’s signs of life at Belmore with the signing of new coach Trent Barrett, and some young quality in Nick Cotric and Kyle Flanagan. It’s a rebuild, make no mistake, and the Bulldogs won’t be in a position to compete for a title for another couple of years. They’re still hopeful of luring representative stars like Josh Addo-Carr and Brandon Smith to the club. They may not play finals in 2021 but expect them to improve.

From foxsports. If we can get burton for 2021 and another signing or if barrett can get the players we have to improve heaps and play a good brand of footy, may be we can compete for a spot in top 8. As it is though the above is a fair assessment imo.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will finish 6th or 7th on the table this year. Also if we get Burton this year I believe as the semis progress we will finish last 4 and miss a grand final spot.
Wow, I'm an optimist but even for me that scenario is too optimistic. I think we'll definitely make the 8 in 21 but I can't see us making the prelim final next year...even with Burton. In 22, I definitely agree with you, a top 4 spot and prelim final is possible

In saying that, I hope you're right. Imagine having a repeat of 2009 again. As long as we don't lose to the Eels, Roosters or Dragons in the PF, I'd be happy with that scenario :laughing:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with them about us, but a few of their tips are dodgy. Like titans missing the 8, and Penrith missing top 4, and manly to make top 4

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another 'sock-filler' from the pen of the drunken speculator. Gives a f*#k what News Corp thinks??!!! Next they'll pin another tail on the donkey and say we'll win 2021. How do these whisky-addled arseholes sleep at night??

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no reason we shouldn't be in and around the 8 all things considered.. we were competitive in a lot of games last year and we have a far better squad this year with a much better coaching staff.. if our fitness and attack improve alone, I think we will make the 8.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I'm an optimist but even for me that scenario is too optimistic. I think we'll definitely make the 8 in 21 but I can't see us making the prelim final next year...even with Burton. In 22, I definitely agree with you, a top 4 spot and prelim final is possible

In saying that, I hope you're right. Imagine having a repeat of 2009 again. As long as we don't lose to the Eels, Roosters or Dragons in the PF, I'd be happy with that scenario :laughing:
Yeah there's a respect to losing to Melb with Cam Smith in the team because it's happened to so many teams. Agree about losing to the other 3.

Look it probably is optimistic, but I really believe when we come out of our slumber we will comeback hard. Despite quite a few bleak years, success is part of our culture and it is expected. Our fans will really lift the team as well.

Hard to say when, but I do think Flannagan and Burton will go on to form a very good and successful combination and I think we'll see that by the end of their first season together.

Also with a coach that is liked and capable so many other 'average' players will be a lot better, which will be like new signings.

Anyway, I should back my optimism and go to the tab while the odds are still good.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Based on last year's team ladder positions a win rate in 2021 of 55% , should approxland us at around 26 comp pts , means we just miss top 4
Looking at teams we play twice and other teams once , 55% win rate is very do-able next year with some of the ad ons player's new at the club

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I said my prediction before & I’m sticking to it 9th or 10th with or without Burton.