Fox NRL Market Watch Podcast - talk about dire Dogs attack & spine options, and also Jack Cogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Jack Cogger "this is my team now" to Ponga shows his leadership and strength of character. We have found our long term halfback

Reactions: jof

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jack Cogger "this is my team now" to Ponga shows his leadership and strength of character. We have found our long term halfback
Could also been seen as a cocky so and so who thinks he's JT and Cronks lovechild, before he's even proven himself.

Lamb, Watson and Pearce are rated higher than him.

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that as a cocky so and so who thinks he's JT and Cronks lovechild, before he's even proven himself.
I like that attitude from him, but I can see the opposite view you mention too. In times like that, when you lose your key playmaker, someone has to standup and take charge and lead the team around and your spine need to know about it so you're all on the same page. He felt as halfback, given the situation, that was him so he backed himself. I like that confidence. Apparently that's one of his strengths, steering the team around. I feel this is one of our biggest issues in attack. I wish Foran was more take charge and barking out orders. That's what we need from him this year, even if it hasn't been his natural game in the past as 5/8. With his injuries he needs to transform into that type of half if we are going to get anywhere near our moneys worth out of him.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could also been seen as a cocky so and so who thinks he's JT and Cronks lovechild, before he's even proven himself.

Well you just love Moses “I don’t know where I want to play, I don’t know where I am” Mbye

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score

From what I have read about him and heard the opposite is true. He is a confident kid, not at all cocky. He is a natural leader and a very good on field general.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at his Instagram he looks like a nice kid
Given the times we now live in I can almost see this as being how some recruitment managers do business. How many Insta followers does he have?

PS: Upgrade your Photobucket account

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the times we now live in I can almost see this as being how some recruitment managers do business. How many Insta followers does he have?

PS: Upgrade your Photobucket account
I would think so... doesn’t look cocky at all looks like a family oriented kid

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until Cogger does something meaningful on the field he is a nobody and another mediocre signing for next year.

I’d hate to see how you guys would perform in the sack on your wedding nights, talk about blowing your load a little early.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d hate to see how you guys would perform in the sack on your wedding nights, talk about blowing your load a little early.
As long as you get off at Redfern she's all sweet!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You want your halves to be confident and even cocky. If he doesn’t back himself you can’t expect anyone one else to, I love his attitude.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kid is a class act, has been captain of every team he has played in, school captain, TER of 95+. If things work out for him on the field he will be a future club captain

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nathan Ryan calling Cleeland a great defender in this podcast should tell you all you need to know about his opinions.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until Cogger does something meaningful on the field he is a nobody and another mediocre signing for next year.

Totally agree, yes it’s his first game last weekend but he didn’t set the world on fire... his got the rest of the season to prove himself and if he does great, if he doesn’t then just another depth signing. Time will tell I guess

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So Hastings being cocky = dickhead/wanker/troublemaker, but Cogger being cocky = a good thing?

I am so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.