Kalomatangi (4yrs)
JWH (2yrs)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The forwards market is an absolute dud at the moment, hardly any quality available with off contract players.
You're supposed to sign your targets in November. Come April there's nothing left ever.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're supposed to sign your targets in November. Come April there's nothing left ever.
There are plenty of bench forwards available, certainly plenty who can offer more than Thompson. We can probably pick up two handy forwards aka Tim Browne (Hustler era) type who will do a job or like Eisenhuth type at Panther and Storm.

I'd rather have a couple of fringe big boppers than the fake 'marquee' prop Thompson.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All there is off contract is the Chee-Kams and Fletcher Bakers of the NRL. depth/bench forwards at best.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Looking at who's available next November there's not much.

Always a Bulldog
after having a quick look middles available for 2025 still are: Haas, BHU, Rudolf, Fotuaika, J. Hopgood, Arrow, Koloamatangi, Tatola. For 2024 we needed to be in the market in November 2022 for middles.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Extend Waddell,

punt knock-on-more and Floptolo, seriously get rid of the cream puff forwards who do not run hard. Time is up!

Sign Bullemoor and if we want a senior pro for a budget price Frizell has heart.

Lodge is a big grub but he is only 27, I'd take a chance on him given the state of how soft our forwards are.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2024:

8. King
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Waddell

14. Averillo or Mbye (off contract)
15. Pangai Jnr
16. Faitala-Mariner
17. Pele

Free up the cash to go all in on a halfback!

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2024:

8. King
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Waddell

14. Averillo or Mbye (off contract)
15. Pangai Jnr
16. Faitala-Mariner
17. Pele

Free up the cash to go all in on a halfback!
No to Mbye for me. Averillo, BBO or Oloapu as utility.

Also ideally I wouldn’t have Sutton or Waddell in my top 17.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How far is Booth off first grade?, that kid is a massive unit.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Davey now gone we need to buy or promote or resign in my opinion 4-5 forwards for next year. Personally I would resign Waddell for a 2 year just above minimum deal. On the fence with Thommo, would need to take a substantial pay cut. From reserves Hughes has looked a lot better and bigger this year, could step up. Lipo Hopoi as well seems to have impact when he come on could make the step up. Seve and the QLD bloke from Ball probs need another year.
So say resign Waddell promote Hughes and maybe one more still need to go into the market for at least 2 forwards, one would need to be rep standard to replace Thommo. We also never really replaced a rep quality forward in Vaughn IMO. So really we need to sign 2 rep quality forwards for next year to be serious about 2024. Not sure what is out there maybe England?
You lost me with Waddell

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My only comment is in response to anyone wanting JWH. IMO he retires a Rooster (on unders) or plays somewhere else only for the money, no passion for the jersey, no need to risk injuries so close to retirement. He will die for the Roosters IMO, but anyone else, it’s just a payday.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said it elsewhere....Gus has been in talks with Uncle Nick....Naps is again Belmore bound.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warriors have a plethora of big forwards playing reserves.....pinch one.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our forward pack used to be the envy of the competition.

Teams feared us. Now we fear them.

Desperately need Pele back for for size. We are total lightweights at the moment.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We also need a better lock to help our halves, preastoric not having a ball playing lock, just stupid.