Forward selections and bench rotations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how but Tele reporting Morris Iemma has been appointed to League Club Board. Can anyone acess article??
Why is a Dragons fan wanting to be on our Leagues Club board?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tolman can piss off. Always in the way and constantly gets dominated and rolled on his back. And no, please don't start with benching rep forwards lol.
We need impact off our bench badly.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Firstly, i think we got some bad decisions but the disappointing parts of tonights game. Games are won in the forwards. Licha's rubbish service. Klemmer ineffective. Jackson brushed off by Napa. Elliot still getting game time. Marshall king is not a first grader. Add Forans kicking, frawleys standard 2 crucial mistakes each game and mybe's miss on Tedesco. Huge disappointment - i honestly thought we'd do better this year. Roosters copped a panning during the week so we knew they'd be fired up but....we can be better than this.

JMac15

Waterboy
Reaction score
As I've been saying our play the ball is too slow, this is why our forwards cannot get on a roll. They did their best trying to get us up the field.

Still not standing deep enough and the one our outs are killing me.

All kicks in play went to Ferguson or Tedesco and they were starting their sets on their 30.

We had 191 runs for 1218m and roosters had less runs and more metres.

82% completion, Rooster finished with 14 errors to our 7 and we couldn't put them to he sword. Pissed me write off.

Our shining light is Mybe at the back and thats it.

Gonna be a long year if this can't be fixed. 66 points leaked in 2 weeks, not good enough!

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman again was just using up cap space and our 2 rep. forwards did not play like rep. players if we do not have go forward from them then our backs will find it hard to push forward! Mybe was good from the back but needs to work on his defence, same goes for Frawley some good plays but again defence BUT then again the whole side needs to work on DEFENCE!!! We had 2 or 3 trys today from our own half and again last week THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Pay said he wanted to bring back the DOGS of WAR and hurt the opposition but all I can see are the dogs of come in my kennel and score a fricken TRY because we cannot defend our line for S...T!!! Come ON Doggies, I know we have played the 2 heavy weights BUT at least show some heart and DEFEND!!!

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our problems start from the back.

I love Montoya because he is our junior but the kid needs to get on a cycle of GH. Our backs never make metres coming out of our half.

Lichaa simply cant get our forwards rolling forward.
He can dart out of dummy half but that is it. Our forwards continuously get monstered because of Lichaas service. He cannot pass off the ground and by the time he picks the ball up, stands up and than throws a lollypop pass the defensive line is in our face. Atleast taks two steps forward if youre going to pass it to a front rower and engage the markers.

In these last two weeks Woods and Foran have been our best and it is no coincidence that they have not been bogged down into Haslers structures over the years. I cant believe people set such high expectations for this side this year.

We are short a winger, hooker, backrower and a 5/8
And a bench..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman again was just using up cap space and our 2 rep. forwards did not play like rep. players if we do not have go forward from them then our backs will find it hard to push forward! Mybe was good from the back but needs to work on his defence, same goes for Frawley some good plays but again defence BUT then again the whole side needs to work on DEFENCE!!! We had 2 or 3 trys today from our own half and again last week THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Pay said he wanted to bring back the DOGS of WAR and hurt the opposition but all I can see are the dogs of come in my kennel and score a fricken TRY because we cannot defend our line for S...T!!! Come ON Doggies, I know we have played the 2 heavy weights BUT at least show some heart and DEFEND!!!
Two god awful games in terms of defence.
When they fix up the defence a lot of the other problems will disappear.

Plus we are a dumb football team.
Danny getting stripped of the ball near their try line for example.
Heaps of other bonehead mistakes tonight.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Two god awful games in terms of defence.
When they fix up the defence a lot of the other problems will disappear.

Plus we are a dumb football team.
Danny getting stripped of the ball near their try line for example.
Heaps of other bonehead mistakes tonight.
Have to agree with almost everything I’ve read. Under done on fitness, very poor interchange use, big disappointments are Klemmer (can’t offload and can’t step) & Jackson (too small, no impact in attack or defense), Frawley too erratic etc.
However, what really got me was not the service from dummy half actually but how deep our forwards are. Why don’t we mimic Smith and have forwards hitting the ball at speed level (or even in front) with him? Why don’t we have multiple runners hitting lines simultaneously (with someone back as cover)? We have a lot of work to do if any hope of getting anything out of this season

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think Pay doesn't know what he wants to do...or he doesn't have a clue. Woods rotated off and on during the first half? Fine a NPR? Tolman extended minutes? Only 2 forwards used off the bench? Rotations just generally messed up. Fuck me with a cactus.

Get 2 fucking real hard running props off the bench, wtf has Tualau done to not get selected? Jackson needs to move lock asap and we need to blood a new edge forward. Jackson looks out of place there atm but would be perfectly suited through the middle.

Honestly our forwards got dominated last week, yet Pay drops a middle forward and replaces him with a backrower THAT HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY! WHERE'S THE FUCKING LOGIC IN THAT? FUCK. ME.
Very concerning.

We got dominated up the middle and the use of bench is up there with the worst ive seen

Status
Not open for further replies.