Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Forward offered to another club, coach approached Dogs, Secret money.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks @Kaz. I think this is something that isn’t spoken about a lot in regards to the drug saga at Cronulla because.... well it’s fucked

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this is something that isn’t spoken about a lot in regards to the drug saga at Cronulla because.... well it’s fucked
I am betting the other players are worried with the long term effects.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's like saying "I met Ivan Milat and he seemed like a really good bloke".

Just because someone seems like a nice person face to face, doesn't mean they aren't a piece of shit of a person.
Until you or I know him personally, I guess we won't know either way ;)

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Jon mannah ? Do you think the peptide scandal contributed to his condition
Don't know if it's just rumour or if it was later confirmed, but think he was in remission and playing, and he got very sick again very quickly, supposedly about the same time period as the injections.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding Jon Mannah.

Stephen Dank: ‘Sports scientist’ gave banned peptides to Cronulla Sharks players that may have accelerated Jon Mannah’s death from cancer

THE Daily Telegraph has succeeded in doing what law enforcement and anti-doping bodies around the world failed — namely to prove in court that so-called “sports scientist” Stephen Dank administered banned peptides to Cronulla Sharks players that may have accelerated Jon Mannah’s death from cancer.

The Australian Crime Commission, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and the World Anti-Doping Authority all failed to prove his involvement.

But this week Nationwide News, a subsidiary of News Corp Australia, publisher of The Daily Telegraph, won almost all aspects of a defamation case brought by Mr Dank following a series of articles about him published in both The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph.

On Monday a civil jury of three men and one woman in the NSW Supreme Court found Mr Dank had acted with “reckless indifference” to the life of Mr Mannah, the Sharks player who died in January, 2013, after a relapse of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

In April, 2013, journalists Rebecca Wilson, Josh Massoud and James Hooper published an article in The Daily Telegraph questioning if there was a link between Mr Dank’s peptide program at the Sharks, involving substances banned by WADA, and Mr Mannah’s fatal relapse.

The jury rejected claims of defamation by Mr Dank, who is not a qualified doctor, ruling the article’s imputation that he “accelerated Mr Mannah’s death from cancer” due to the peptides was “substantially true”.

The same verdict of truth was given to the imputations that “Dank acted with reckless indifference to Mannah’s life by administering dangerous peptides to Mannah while he was in the remissions stage of cancer”.

It was also found to be “substantially true” that “Dank administered dangerous and cancer-causing supplements to Jon Mannah and other players, thereby exposing them to risk”.

Another article, written by Sunday Telegraph journalist Yoni Bashan, was found to not convey defamatory meanings alleged by Mr Dank.

Yesterday, the jury found in favour of Mr Dank on just one element of his case, ruling an allegation he had injected players with the blood-thinning medicine Warfarin could not be defended on the grounds of contextual truth.

Mr Dank has been ordered to pay News’ costs in relation to two of the articles.

Tom Blackburn SC, counsel for Nationwide News, said Mr Dank should receive only nominal damages, as the jury found his program had done “much, much worse” to the players “than the administration of Warfarin”.

Justice Lucy McCallum is expected to decide on the damages amount this week.

THE JURY’S FINDINGS
Have the defendants (Nationwide News) established that the following are substantially true?

Stephen Dank administered to football players peptide drugs (CJC-1295 and GHRP-6) which were prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Authority.YES

He acted with reckless indifference to (Sharks player Jon) Mannah’s life by administering dangerous peptides to Mannah whilst Mannah was in the remissions stage of cancer. YES

By administering peptides to Jon Mannah he accelerated Mannah’s death from cancer.YES

He administered dangerous and cancer causing supplements to Jon Mannah and other football players, thereby exposing them to riskYES

His conduct in administering peptide substances to football players was absolutely indefensible and justified one of Australia’s leading sports physicians to express his horrorYES

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...k=3bd395b30f1a6851d29c29b27c252960-1554265885
Thanks for posting.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't know if it's just rumour or if it was later confirmed, but think he was in remission and playing, and he got very sick again very quickly, supposedly about the same time period as the injections.
Yeah definitely, below is from the court case

Based on the chronology it appears Mannah was administered with substances including CJC-1295 and GHRP-6 during the period from March to May in 2011. A brief review of available published medical literature suggests an identified causal link between the use of substances such as CJC-1295 and GHRP-6 and the acceleration of the condition of the disease Hodgkin’s lymphoma.”
http://defamationwatch.com.au/dank-...famation-trial-20-judgment-awarded-priceless/

Absolutely rubbish bloke who played with the lives and health of so many people.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's like saying "I met Ivan Milat and he seemed like a really good bloke".

Just because someone seems like a nice person face to face, doesn't mean they aren't a piece of shit of a person.
I have met Ivan and he did seem like a really good bloke, very helpful and a really good neighbour. Having said that, I never got a lift with him anywhere.....

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have met Ivan and he did seem like a really good bloke, very helpful and a really good neighbour. Having said that, I never got a lift with him anywhere.....
You taking the piss? You didn’t actually live next door to Ivan Milat did you?

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You taking the piss? You didn’t actually live next door to Ivan Milat did you?
Not taking the piss. I didn't live next door but my best mate in high school lived in the house behind Ivan and I spent a fair bit of time there and got to know Ivan because he was always outside washing his car which was always immaculate. I also know Ivan's brothers, Wally and Richard from when I lived at Hill Top and Ivan's nephew Chris is went to school with my wife and at one stage was our neighbour a few years back. I have had a bit to do with the Milat family and never had any issue with any of them.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not taking the piss. I didn't live next door but my best mate in high school lived in the house behind Ivan and I spent a fair bit of time there and got to know Ivan because he was always outside washing his car which was always immaculate. I also know Ivan's brothers, Wally and Richard from when I lived at Hill Top and Ivan's nephew Chris is went to school with my wife and at one stage was our neighbour a few years back. I have had a bit to do with the Milat family and never had any issue with any of them.
Interesting. Was it a surprise when all the charges against him were made? Or was it known within your circles what he was as now know.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Was it a surprise when all the charges against him were made? Or was it known within your circles what he was as now know.
It was a surprise to me! My mate had moved out by the time he was arrested and it wasn't the type of thing that you tend to discuss with his family.