Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Forward offered to another club, coach approached Dogs, Secret money.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL and the media keep the focus on the Sharks so nobody talks about the rorting Rorters as they cruise into the GF and go back to back.. the favoritism is sickening

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL and the media keep the focus on the Sharks so nobody talks about the rorting Rorters as they cruise into the GF and go back to back.. the favoritism is sickening
You hear these blokes are after Pangai Jnr for $1Mil a season. Seariously they could rob the reserve bank and be punished with a parade down George Street.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You hear these blokes are after Pangai Jnr for $1Mil a season. Seariously they could rob the reserve bank and be punished with a parade down George Street.
How easy would it be for politics to pay journos to publish positive stories ? It’s so rigged I’ll admit the refs have been great nrl hasn’t had to many negatives but still a lot of it stinks . People are sick of the sharks and roosters , I gurantee if we deliberately rorted the cap we would cop the worst punishment . Where the sharks get fined and a tiny bit slashed from the cap

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Flanno, met him in person, he's actually not that bad, and if you don't think just about every club is doing some form of cheating, you live in a fantasy land

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Flanno, met him in person, he's actually not that bad, and if you don't think just about every club is doing some form of cheating, you live in a fantasy land
He injected drugs into his players and then financially cheated. This is a competitive sport. If you use performance enhancing drugs you should be banned for life.

Let’s not forget about Jon Mannah either...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's like saying "I met Ivan Milat and he seemed like a really good bloke".

Just because someone seems like a nice person face to face, doesn't mean they aren't a piece of shit of a person.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's like saying "I met Ivan Milat and he seemed like a really good bloke".

Just because someone seems like a nice person face to face, doesn't mean they aren't a piece of shit of a person.
Slight exaggeration! One a serial killer rapist ? One a bloke in footy disliked for cheating in a sport everyone bloody cheats.

Don’t get me wrong. Not a fan. Though hardly see a fair call here!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
He injected drugs into his players and then financially cheated. This is a competitive sport. If you use performance enhancing drugs you should be banned for life.

What happened with Jon Mannah?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

What about Jon mannah ? Do you think the peptide scandal contributed to his condition

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Slight exaggeration! One a serial killer rapist ? One a bloke in footy disliked for cheating in a sport everyone bloody cheats.

Don’t get me wrong. Not a fan. Though hardly see a fair call here!
My point is just because in public once someone was a nice person, doesn't mean they are.

I'm sure many people would think Des is a lovely person in real life, or Phil Rothfield.

That doesn't mean they aren't arseholes still.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My point is just because in public once someone was a nice person, doesn't mean they are.

I'm sure many people would think Des is a lovely person in real life, or Phil Rothfield.

That doesn't mean they aren't arseholes still.
Just because they seem nice face to face, it doesn't mean they are scum of the earth either.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well he had cancer and he was then pumped full of steroids...
ok fair enough im not fully aware of the implications steroids would have on cancer cells. i assume it would accelerate growth of said cells.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
coach and player with same manager = anthony seibold and alex glenn
coach approaching the dogs = neil henry

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just because they seem nice face to face, it doesn't mean they are scum of the earth either.
Agree... but Flanagan just comes across as a complete and utter prick.

Like the way he pretty much said to the Dogs "Fuck'em I want them to pay as much as possible for Woods to play for us".

If it wasn't for the drugs and salary cap cheating he'd be a nobody.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Regarding Jon Mannah.

Stephen Dank: ‘Sports scientist’ gave banned peptides to Cronulla Sharks players that may have accelerated Jon Mannah’s death from cancer

THE Daily Telegraph has succeeded in doing what law enforcement and anti-doping bodies around the world failed — namely to prove in court that so-called “sports scientist” Stephen Dank administered banned peptides to Cronulla Sharks players that may have accelerated Jon Mannah’s death from cancer.

The Australian Crime Commission, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and the World Anti-Doping Authority all failed to prove his involvement.

But this week Nationwide News, a subsidiary of News Corp Australia, publisher of The Daily Telegraph, won almost all aspects of a defamation case brought by Mr Dank following a series of articles about him published in both The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph.

On Monday a civil jury of three men and one woman in the NSW Supreme Court found Mr Dank had acted with “reckless indifference” to the life of Mr Mannah, the Sharks player who died in January, 2013, after a relapse of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

In April, 2013, journalists Rebecca Wilson, Josh Massoud and James Hooper published an article in The Daily Telegraph questioning if there was a link between Mr Dank’s peptide program at the Sharks, involving substances banned by WADA, and Mr Mannah’s fatal relapse.

The jury rejected claims of defamation by Mr Dank, who is not a qualified doctor, ruling the article’s imputation that he “accelerated Mr Mannah’s death from cancer” due to the peptides was “substantially true”.

The same verdict of truth was given to the imputations that “Dank acted with reckless indifference to Mannah’s life by administering dangerous peptides to Mannah while he was in the remissions stage of cancer”.

It was also found to be “substantially true” that “Dank administered dangerous and cancer-causing supplements to Jon Mannah and other players, thereby exposing them to risk”.

Another article, written by Sunday Telegraph journalist Yoni Bashan, was found to not convey defamatory meanings alleged by Mr Dank.

Yesterday, the jury found in favour of Mr Dank on just one element of his case, ruling an allegation he had injected players with the blood-thinning medicine Warfarin could not be defended on the grounds of contextual truth.

Mr Dank has been ordered to pay News’ costs in relation to two of the articles.

Tom Blackburn SC, counsel for Nationwide News, said Mr Dank should receive only nominal damages, as the jury found his program had done “much, much worse” to the players “than the administration of Warfarin”.

Justice Lucy McCallum is expected to decide on the damages amount this week.

THE JURY’S FINDINGS
Have the defendants (Nationwide News) established that the following are substantially true?

Stephen Dank administered to football players peptide drugs (CJC-1295 and GHRP-6) which were prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Authority.YES

He acted with reckless indifference to (Sharks player Jon) Mannah’s life by administering dangerous peptides to Mannah whilst Mannah was in the remissions stage of cancer. YES

By administering peptides to Jon Mannah he accelerated Mannah’s death from cancer.YES

He administered dangerous and cancer causing supplements to Jon Mannah and other football players, thereby exposing them to riskYES

His conduct in administering peptide substances to football players was absolutely indefensible and justified one of Australia’s leading sports physicians to express his horrorYES

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...k=3bd395b30f1a6851d29c29b27c252960-1554265885