Forward 1st Canberra try

Malla

Reaction score
Meh.. if Elliot didn't rush 50m in field then they don't make the break for the try

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a look at the dummy half pass on that play. It was one of a out 8 forward passes from Starling in the first half

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Same thing with dragons when We played them. Lost count of the forward passes let go for them. A couple which led to tries

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Don’t watch any other game but bulldogs as the sport is actually shit now but how many forward passes have been called this year?
I could be wrong but it Seems like it’s not important anymore.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t watch any other game but bulldogs as the sport is actually shit now but how many forward passes have been called this year?
I could be wrong but it Seems like it’s not important anymore.
Gone are the days when a deliberate forward pass was penalised..is that even a thing now? Yep Starling has taken over the mantle of the forward pass king from dummy half.I picked several instances where he threw three forward passes in a set of six. So annoying.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Gone are the days when a deliberate forward pass was penalised..is that even a thing now? Yep Starling has taken over the mantle of the forward pass king from dummy half.I picked several instances where he threw three forward passes in a set of six. So annoying.
At times when Im watching the dogs I second guess myself as to how many forward passes can there possibly be thrown. It either I’m blind or ref allows it to play on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At times when Im watching the dogs I second guess myself as to how many forward passes can there possibly be thrown. It either I’m blind or ref allows it to play on.
Don't get me wrong our bloke Katoa throws a few and has been caught out but it defied belief the number of times on the weekend that Starling threw a pass forward from dummy half left unchecked.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong our bloke Katoa throws a few and has been caught out but it defied belief the number of times on the weekend that Starling threw a pass forward from dummy half left unchecked.
Yeah I guess if it’s close enough it’s good enough for the nrl.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
4 meters forward
For what it's worth I thought it was marginally forward but the frames your using are disingenuous, why don't you use the frame where the ball leaves the hands rather than when he's getting ready to pass it

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasnt forward and even if they were all forward who cares? Only a moron would think the dogs deserved to win.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Wasnt forward and even if they were all forward who cares? Only a moron would think the dogs deserved to win.
Well I must be a moron then.
I think the dogs deserve to win every game.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another example of how the refs screw us. Blow to the letter of the law on us, yet be soft on the opposition.

Why can't the bunker see if a pass comes out of the hands forward? Simple photogrammetry software could solve all these forward pass issues.

Watching Starling, he throws the pass deliberately forward, then accelerates to try an put his body in line with the receiver catching the ball. Still a forward pass but the refs are too dumb (or too corrupt) to realise.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another example of how the refs screw us. Blow to the letter of the law on us, yet be soft on the opposition.

Why can't the bunker see if a pass comes out of the hands forward? Simple photogrammetry software could solve all these forward pass issues.

Watching Starling, he throws the pass deliberately forward, then accelerates to try an put his body in line with the receiver catching the ball. Still a forward pass but the refs are too dumb (or too corrupt) to realise.
Smart play. Cam smith was a master of this. Our hookers should be learning from them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I only watched replays of game highlights. But my first thought upon seeing Canberras first try was that the pass looked a kilometer forward. Even if the video refs can't rule on a forward pass if I was a video ref I'd get fired for calling a forward pass a knock on in the name of fairness.