Former Origin star Gavin Allen in desperate need of a heart transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Kaz the reason you won't hear back from the NRL is because in order to put on a charity round, the NRL demand not only payment to promote that round, but also take a percentage of the gate takings for that round. Not all the money ends up going to the charity. Pretty disgraceful of them, but then again it is the NRL we are talking about.
Or my email account is banned. lol

Several years ago when the Broncos were fined $75,000 for an 'illegal' interchange. (Shane Webcke was knocked out & was being helped from the field, 40 metres away) Parker ran on)

I sent the NRL an email saying enjoy your Christmas Party that the Broncos paid for & I said I hope they choke on the ham & chicken. haha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Either the heart will kill me or a Dogs poster from here.
Well sadly I can't help with your heart but I can help you on here.

You have yourself a guardBULLdog in me! Or a guard lion if needed lol

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Either the heart will kill me or a Dogs poster from here.
Sorry to hear you have heart issues Kaz.
Sorry to ask but how old are you,
And how long have you had this problem?

It sad these days almost every week someone I know or hear that they have a disease.
Wish you all the best and a long life even if your a donkey supporter lol:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Boxer

If I tell you my age, the people who 'attack' me being here will have more ammo. hehe

Hint I won't see 40 again.

Was 25 when diagnosed.

Cardiologist said I would have been born with it.

Only have to see cardiologist every 2 years now.

Have to have echocardiogram (echo) about 2 weeks before seeing the Dr.

My heart problems are nothing, compared to what @TANK 2.0 etc are going through.

It's like comparing a paper cut to a gaping wound.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
@Boxer

If I tell you my age, the people who 'attack' me being here will have more ammo. hehe

Was 25 when diagnosed.

My heart problems are nothing, compared to what @TANK 2.0 etc are going through.

I’m sorry to hear this.
I really hope you pull throw with this and @TANK 2.0 will help out as his been to hell and back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@Boxer

Was 25 when diagnosed.

It's not a competition darls lol Plus I don't want anyone to be leading that competition.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Boxer

Was 25 when diagnosed.

You both deserve the best of health....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And make it the family can't over-rule it, if you wanting to donate.
So true Kaz, this is one of the biggest problems. If push came to shove the Doctors just can't take organs to donate without asking next of kin. I have been a registered donor for as long as it has been available to do so and so is my husband. The kids who are not quite old enough to register have already made their wishes known, more particularly since they met "Uncle Ed" ( TANK 2) and knew of Drop Bear and his predicament.

The old saying you can't take it with you rings so true. I will have no use for my body once I am gone so I figure that my recycled bits might just as well be of use to someone.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't know if my heart would be suitable, with 2 heart conditions, my other organs are.
Wow, you kept that quiet Kaz or I have not been paying attention. I hope that at the moment you are doing well and looking after yourself properly .

Three Kennel legends( that we know of) afflicted with conditions that can basically be cured only by a transplant or constant ongoing monitoring/medication( unfortunately one of them too late to do anything).

You to your credit have taken the leap and made sure that you have registered. As TANK also mentioned in the past; just because you have an ongoing issue does not mean you cannot be able to give the gift of life to someone else in the future. It is truly amazing just how many people can be helped in so many different ways. I hope that the gentleman concerned can be helped ; he seems to have a good positive attitude and a will to live .

Getting the NRL to do something pro active is not easy and even though we failed to get anything up and running seeing one of their own in this predicament might just change things. One can only hope and to my way of thinking better later than never at all.

I wish you well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow, you kept that quiet Kaz or I have not been paying attention. I hope that at the moment you are doing well and looking after yourself properly .

Three Kennel legends( that we know of) afflicted with conditions that can basically be cured only by a transplant or constant ongoing monitoring/medication( unfortunately one of them too late to do anything).

You to your credit have taken the leap and made sure that you have registered. As TANK also mentioned in the past; just because you have an ongoing issue does not mean you cannot be able to give the gift of life to someone else in the future. It is truly amazing just how many people can be helped in so many different ways. I hope that the gentleman concerned can be helped ; he seems to have a good positive attitude and a will to live .

Getting the NRL to do something pro active is not easy and even though we failed to get anything up and running seeing one of their own in this predicament might just change things. One can only hope and to my way of thinking better later than never at all.

I wish you well.
You and the other angels didn't fail Mama, please don't tgink you did. I am forever grateful for all you have done. You are a genuine top Sheila ;)

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow Tank... so you can literally say you have / had a big heart :D...

@Kaz the reason you won't hear back from the NRL is because in order to put on a charity round, the NRL demand not only payment to promote that round, but also take a percentage of the gate takings for that round. Not all the money ends up going to the charity. Pretty disgraceful of them, but then again it is the NRL we are talking about.

Our two awesome forum members @dogluva and @Sir Col "THE MU know more about it, because they were heavily involved trying to push Organ Donation round the other year. They can fill in the blanks if they want.
DON'T EVEN MENTION THOSE FUCKING WANKERS OVER AT NRL HQ.
Biggest pack of self serving fukwits you will ever meet.
Normally I refrain from swearing in blogs BUT THEY ARE FUCKTARDS, ARSEHOLES, DEAD ***** AND WORSE.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Poor fella. I hope it turns out well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.