Former international forward has approached bulldogs to come across who is ittttttt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
hey guyz,,
Another kenneller brought up Tonie Carroll?... Like fitgibbon i think his preferred position would be at lock, but with the new signings of Stagg and promising youths such as harrison waiting for his chance, i personally think Carroll should be out of the pictures as well.
Just sharing my thoughts.... cheers
carroll has retired but is considering 1 more yr. it would be ideal for both parties coz the dogs just want someone to plug the hole next season while harrison and other fringe 1st-grade backrower develop. if there really is a "former international" forward knocking on the doors, it would have to be tonie carroll.

also, there is no way the cowboys would release o'donnell to get maitua. that's the stupidest thing i've heard all week.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if it's not to play for the Club but to work for the Club in another capacity? Just wondering. :o

That would tick off 8 pages of posts. :whacky:

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was Greenberg on NRL news with John Gibbs talking about a possible signing of Tonie Carroll? (from nrl.com)

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thuck Thonie Tharroll.

calcalbull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ic ur points thr,, but if the sources are true and we're looking for another backrower, then does that mean players like koopz or L.Tee being shown the doors by the club?

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
whenever there's a group of fringe players coming thru the ranks, some get re-signed, some don't. we've got a number of up and coming backrowers and yes some will be let go. same with our abundance of five-eighths atm. groom, barba, holdsworth, roberts... 1 or 2 will go when their contract expires.

calcalbull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
mmm.... who will you guyz prefer. Since We need to prop and a utility player off the bench, that only means only L.Tee or koopz will keep thr spot in the team.
Personally, both players showed flashes of talent before thr injuries =(
wud hate to see them go...

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
whenever there's a group of fringe players coming thru the ranks, some get re-signed, some don't. we've got a number of up and coming backrowers and yes some will be let go. same with our abundance of five-eighths atm. groom, barba, holdsworth, roberts... 1 or 2 will go when their contract expires.
Yes. fcuken fringe players

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was Greenberg on NRL news with John Gibbs talking about a possible signing of Tonie Carroll? (from nrl.com)
Can someone confirm this, and explain what Greenturd said?

If Tony Caroll is considered I will Jizz In My Pants.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
watch the video urself. greenburg just says the dogs have money left and won't be spending it for the sake of spending it. the interview ends there, but then gibbs suggests that tonie carroll could be someone the dogs will chase.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tonie Carroll ??? can he play second row???
Too many Bronco players if he signed

8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Carroll
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
watch the video urself. greenburg just says the dogs have money left and won't be spending it for the sake of spending it. the interview ends there, but then gibbs suggests that tonie carroll could be someone the dogs will chase.
That why spent 100K on Yileen Gordon. Hopefully his value for money

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
carroll can play a number of positions. there's very little difference between 2nd row and lock anyway. he would be a great buy for one season.

P

Promiscuous

I doubt we will sign anyone else but for the sake of it:

Joel Clinton? Craig Fitzgibbon? Greg Bird?

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
What HE thought was right. When the other boys were getting smashed, he was on a plane to France - without telling any one. He didn't give a **** about the club, his team-mates or his fans. If he didn't miss a game in the last three years, I would still be saying the same thing.

On a better note, Hodgson is very solid, and I think will be the catalyst for Ryan returning to his attacking best.
So the player should think of the club first and himself second? I agree the way he left was ****ed but he was looking after himself in the best way he figured out at the time and I don't condemn him for that reason.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
The forward is prob tonie carrol and I think the club still has hopes of getting mat king if the amount can be agreed on.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fitzgibbon is a current international so I doubt it is him.

It could be anyone if this report is true, could be Richard Villasanti, Sollomona (former parra one), Carlaw, Brad Myers, Carl Webb, Steve Simpson, Toni Carrol (hope not never rated the guy), Omeley could be anyone.

I dont know wether any of these players are available, I guess none will be.

But all in all I am confident in our forwards, Ryan and Stagg will combine for 100 tackles a game which is close to 1/3rd of the teams tackles. Kite, Hannat, Hodgson can be the major meter eaters with support from hickey and armitt (he is still around isnt he???)

Backs are a little light. If patten is fit that is a massive weight off our shoulders, Idris (saw him and Temari on the turps on friday night) morris, Goodwin, and even gordon can prove to be handy backs (gordon can possibly even be a starting back rower.

my only position of concern would be 5/8. We have barba, groom and sullivan along with holdsworth and roberts to cover that one position, but i cant really say any of them are up to the task of taking us to a premiership. I would have liked some recruitment in that area but it so happened no good superstar players where available. I would like say Witt from the warriors or Campese from raiders or even someone like mullen. I would have like a solid battle ready 5/8

All in all our squad is solid. Dont think we need any more recruits.

With our current roster i think the expectation will be a finish between 8-12.

lets hope we can go better then that and shake up the opposition in the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.