Former Dragons Brett and Josh Morris out to end St George Illawarra’s season

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nr...llawarras-season/story-fniabn14-1227520728542

THE family played a combined total of 19 seasons — and 395 games — in the famous Red V.

But the historic link the Morris’s — twins Brett and Josh, and dad Steve — have to Saints will be cut on Saturday night at ANZ Stadium.

Brett and Josh are now Canterbury Bulldogs and they want to help kick the Dragons out of the title race when the teams clash in a sudden-death semi-final.

Many St George Illawarra fans are still stunned Josh and Brett left the club, given they were Kiama kids, in Saints territory.

“When it comes down to kick-off, I can assure you with the Morris boys, it will just be about them winning the game,” Canterbury coach Des Hasler said.

The Morris boys enjoyed plenty of success during their Dragons days.

Brett was part of the side’s 2010 premiership-winning side, while Steve won a title in his debut year at the Dragons in 1979.

But those special moments are now consigned to history and their Bulldogs teammate Josh Reynolds believes the pair will have their priorities in check come Saturday night.

“It’s fair to say they don’t want to lose the most out of all us boys. It’s a big moment for those two boys, playing together against the team where they had so much history in their family with their dad,” said Bulldogs star Josh Reynolds.

“It will be a big game for them but they are both so professional, nothing fazes them, but they won’t think for one minute about that. They have both been playing really well for us hopefully they can keep doing that.”

The brothers both debuted for St George Illawarra.Emotion aside, Canterbury players know the Morris brothers will be focused and ready come kick-off on Saturday evening.

“It’ll be big clash for them. I’m sure they are really looking forward to it but even if we weren’t playing the Dragons they’d still realise it’s a big game because it’s finals footy,” said Dogs centre Tim Lafai.

And winger Sam Perrett added: “I’ve not spoken to them or heard them talk about it too much. I’m sure, as all of us do when you face our old clubs, you have that little bit of extra motivation to do well and to perform. I’m sure they’d be feeling similar.”

Perrett was shifted to the wing this year when Brett Morris arrived.

“Yeah, obviously we’ve been playing like that the whole season,” Perrett said. “I think with B-Moz (Brett) out the back, that’s something incredible firepower we’ve got there.

“I’m really happy and focused on my job I’m doing on the wing there. Hopefully I can pick that up another level as well and do that part for the team. If everything falls into place, if everyone does their role, I think we’ll be pretty hard to stop.”

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perfect scenario would be Dragon fans watching them run side by side to score a length of the field try like the game against Parra .

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perfect scenario would be Dragon fans watching them run side by side to score a length of the field try like the game against Parra .
Preferably towards the southern end where it will be jam packed with Dogs fans, yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.