Former Bulldog Adam Keighran set to become Warriors #7

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Warriors are poised to take a massive gamble by replacing superstar Shaun Johnson with a youngster who has yet to play an NRL game in 2019.

Unknown Panthers recruit Adam Keighran, 21, is believed to have won the race to wear the number seven jumper for the start of the new season.

The Warriors were rocked by Johnson’s defection to Cronulla midway through the off season but decided against signing an established halfback to replace him.

That leaves the key halfback spot to a race between former Australian Schoolboy Keighran and another rookie, the club’s 2017 NYC player of the year Chanel Harris-Tavita.

I’m hearing the Warriors have decided to go with Keighran, who like Johnson is also a handy goalkicker, scoring over 200 points for the Panthers in the ISP last year.

While Keighran has been thrown in at the deep end, he will have the help of one of the NRL’s most experienced playmakers in Blake Green to guide him through his baptism of fire.

The spot is his to lose in the Warriors’ opening two trials against the Storm (Geelong, February 22) and Tigers (Whangarei, March 2).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure how well he will work with Blake Green they are very similar in the way they play.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should he have gotten a shot at the dogs ? Maybe.
Did he get a shot sooner by leaving ? Probably not.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Adam and also @Darciemcd you must be very proud :D

I think Hayze Perham will be their dangerman this year, and CHT slot in somewhere else (maybe at hooker)?
CHT will only play in place of Keighran or Green. Like and Roache are the Warriors hooking options with Lawton as backup.

It’s great news that Keighran has fought his way into a first grade spot. He wasn’t really a standout in the NYC games that I saw at least so so hopefully we don’t have people on here moaning about why he didn’t get a shot with us. He could have had a Frawley’s spot I guess but you can’t hit on every single recruit and retention move

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Poised player always looked solid last season for Penrith. Just what the warriors needs after Johnson.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And coz hes untried hes base price in supercoach. Cheap bencher.