Forget The Miracle - Get Ready To Be Ripped Off Again

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Silly question I guess, but, is there any referee that we like playing under?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We sure we want to blood Skelton and KO into this match, so that they can have there confidence fucked by these rorted clowns?
Not changing anytime soon so they'll never get to play ;)

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have Souths friends who say they always get a raw deal from refs.
Storm, Broncos and South’s are the most favoured teams in the comp.

case in point, South’s v dolphins - Campbell Graham literally pushes the dolphins player whilst challenging a cross-field kick, hands clearly on the defenders back in the replay, apparently that’s ok… Bulldogs would have been denied that try.

Storm vs Manly, classic hip drop by the Storm… a thousand times worse than Preston’s…. Penalty only, No sin bin / incident within 1 week of each other.

I could rattle off a novel with this stuff.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wondering if there are any you yourself like us playing under?

Any that you automatically think ..oh great we got ??? so there won't be any controversy or headlines about stuff ups or lop-sided penalties or one sided game altering 6 agains? The contest will solely be between the 2 teams?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our team are a valiant team of toilers who appear to love the game. Not dirty players. Nor players who are coached to deliberately play unfairly and are without effective gamesmanship....especially when compared to Souths, Melbourne, Cronulla, Manly, Broncs...we don't have that type of player.

We need to find some or turn them into that kind of perfect player obviously.

Grub is as close as we get in the gamesmanship stakes and he can get clearly, for all to see, grabbed by the nuts and its all ok. So its obvious he has no gravitas as far as protection goes like the elite players do.

Dont watch many other games myself anymore bc of the ineptitude. Don't care if other bottom teams are badly done by, which they are as we all know.

There have been facts and figures detailed on here about the lop sided penalties...no penalties against Sharks our last game! The lop-sided penalty count and 6 agains.

Our players dont play that huge difference worse to warrant the huge difference in the canings we get.

It's time to either acknowledge the discrepancy with the refs treatment of us or have a huge public enquiry about our players inability to play under our current bunch of refs and put the blame on the players which is what fans seem to be suggesting to explain our penalty counts.

Most of us only care about the CB Bulldogs and want us to get a fair go.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow not one penalty against sharks…that is outrageous…we also got NRL giving it to Gus trying to subdue his voice…this should be done by John Koury lodge a formal grievance?.
No one gave a sh!t what he said at Penrith, they gave lesser of a sh!t at Roosters, but he’s landed in the land of plentiful drama - but the good news is, Gus gives the least amount of sh!t with these muppets.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like we've had a good run of refs this year tbh, beats having Ben Cummins most of the time, we haven't even had him this year at all.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cutting down the errors will go a long way to taking the reffs out of the equation for us, That said if we get another bogus sin bin the sharts will slaughter us late in the game after we have gassed. TPJ is a real worry on this front.
they’ll slaughter us anyway, may as well let TPJ plant one on royce hunts chin!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the most penalised team in the comp with 55 penalties conceded. The closest to us has conceded 49. Combined penalty counts are 55 against and 34 received after 7 rounds.

On average each team has had 2.5 players sin binned so far this season, we’ve had 4 players binned in 7 games (1.5 above the NRL average), and we’ve only seen 1 player sin binned against us in 7 games.

Obviously plenty of penalties are warranted, we are our own worst enemies sometimes, but looking at this objectively, we’ve definitely had the rough end of the stick on multiple occasions. It’s pretty obvious some teams get better treatment than others, we aren’t alone in that, but at present, we are the worst affected by it.
The problem is @Dogs79 we’ve all been having these referee discussions for years, were we getting the 50/50 calls last season, do you remember us getting the rub of the green last season even at our own home games, do you remember any time last season being continually piggy backed down field so we could pile on the points ?

Do you remember any time over the last few seasons where the ref’s didn’t micro ref us or were kind to us.

I don’t know if it’s us or them, but if it’s us, what are we doing about it, because we struggle to make big metres as it is, we can’t win games if we’re continually giving the opposition piggy backs down field.

I’d love to see stats of our for and against penalty counts over the last 3 years, I’d say we’d be last if not in the last 3 most penalised teams in the comp.

Anyone have those stats or know where I can find them ?

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I don't get is the game is 4 days away and ppl are already well into the doom and gloom lol
Serious question irrespective of whether your partially, 50% or mostly right what do Youse get out of the negativity? I saw one guy post a good 5 or 6 awfully glass empty posts in the space of half a dozen pages in another thread, that instance was last night so even 5 days out from game day!!

I doubt it makes the loss on the day any more bearable so what else Is it doing for ya? :tearsofjoy:
Either they don't realise they are undermining themselves or they thrive on the drama. Can't say I enjoyed having to skim so many of these posts but it is what it is.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem is @Dogs79 we’ve all been having these referee discussions for years, were we getting the 50/50 calls last season, do you remember us getting the rub of the green last season even at our own home games, do you remember any time last season being continually piggy backed down field so we could pile on the points ?

Do you remember any time over the last few seasons where the ref’s didn’t micro ref us or were kind to us.

I don’t know if it’s us or them, but if it’s us, what are we doing about it, because we struggle to make big metres as it is, we can’t win games if we’re continually giving the opposition piggy backs down field.

I’d love to see stats of our for and against penalty counts over the last 3 years, I’d say we’d be last if not in the last 3 most penalised teams in the comp.

Anyone have those stats or know where I can find them ?
We are definitely unfairly targeted, but our urgency in the ruck exists for the first 10 minutes in games and is non-existent thereafter.

If we make a conscious effort to promote ruck speed by showing that urgency, wiggling like mad to get up and play the ball, I guarantee we will get a few more penalties our way. But we seem to amble, despite that the game is speeding up, we remain prehistoric.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another clueless little bitch whining before the ball is even kicked off!
How about you and your moronic mates do something useful, find a plastic bag, put it over your head and go and play spaceman...

Last edited: