Forfeiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My mate and I were having a discussion and this came across, forfeiting. I was wondering if an NRL side can legally forfeit without a reason.

If a side were to forfeit what could be the reason for it?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That is one stupid argument.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s allowed in the nrl
Yep to many variables that would affect marketing and tv deals. eg. company (x) is promised 8 games a week (x) amount of times per season and so on. NRL would never allow it to happen and if it somehow did i'd like to believe they would fine the club involved that did it to cover the loss of revenue for all affected parties.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep to many variables that would affect marketing and tv deals. eg. company (x) is promised 8 games a week (x) amount of times per season and so on. NRL would never allow it to happen and if it somehow did i'd like to believe they would fine the club involved that did it to cover the loss of revenue for all affected parties.
Pretty much so. Looking at the rules of the NSW rugby league they talk mainly about junior clubs and they have to show cause as to why they are forfeiting, they are fined for it and if it continues they are disqualified from the competition. The team which wins the forfeit has 17 points for and zero points against added to their for/against totals.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A team left halfway through the game in the 80s or 90s. Pretty sure Phil Gould coached it. It has been ages since I saw the segment that had this in it though

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback everyone. Such a random thing just interested me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If a side were to forfeit what could be the reason for it?
In most cases a game would be suspended and played at a later date (fire, emergency, bomb threat, extreme weather (heat/snow/hail).

Forfeit though, maybe if a side had under X amount of players? Or was unable to make a match, or refused to take the field.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The clubs that signed to Super League forfeited the first round of the 96 season from memory.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What happens if half the team all gets explosive diarrhoea and can't play? I mean I guess I am assuming here that if you have shit running down your leg you probably can't play.

Do you forfeit or have to get ring ins?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is what happened in the GF in 1909

Tigers did not show up in protest of something... they had a handshake agreement with the Rabbitohs to not come and play.

Rabbitohs showed up, kicked off, scored, and the ref blew game over.

Something along those lines!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The clubs that signed to Super League forfeited the first round of the 96 season from memory.
Warriors didn't.

The were to play the Broncos, but they forfeited, so Warriors turned up & got the win.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is what happened in the GF in 1909

Tigers did not show up in protest of something... they had a handshake agreement with the Rabbitohs to not come and play.

Rabbitohs showed up, kicked off, scored, and the ref blew game over.

Something along those lines!
Balmain objected to being a curtain raiser to a test match.

Souths the snakes went against the agreement.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happens if half the team all gets explosive diarrhoea and can't play? I mean I guess I am assuming here that if you have shit running down your leg you probably can't play.

No you play in shit conditions. :laughing:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A team left halfway through the game in the 80s or 90s. Pretty sure Phil Gould coached it. It has been ages since I saw the segment that had this in it though
I remember the game Berries/ Dogs vs Bears at Belmore 1970 ( I was there) Kenny Irvine led some of the team off the field because of refereeing . Keith Page ( who not many liked) was the referee. One player dismissed (John McDonnell who ironically joined the Dogs a few years later- a tough as teak forward ) and Norths ended the game with 11 blokes. Got very heated with a ,lot of tit for tat punches thrown.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...und-1/canterbury-vs-north-sydney/summary.html

Found this on the web too.....
http://www.redandblackzone.com/A200...ened Next March 29, 1970 Irvine Walk-off.html

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

With that scenario that is exactly what you would have.....

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This should be our strategy moving forward!

Who wants to tackle someone who has shat themselves / has shit stains on their legs?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Who wants to tackle someone who has shat themselves / has shit stains on their legs?
Certainly was what Packer was thinking a couple of years ago......

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

This actually did cross my mind. It made me think about what James Graham used to do with vaso, surely there is no rule about shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.