Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah mate reported in every paper and news site available
All said same thing
Wanted 3 years
Not every one mate.
When Kerian contract has finished at the club and if he is asked I think you will find it was 2 years.
Academic anyway as the club offered 1 year.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whenever Foran is having a really good game, he gets injured.

When he go missing for half a game he’s fine. But we go shit.

No chance we can afford him, no matter the price
Totally agree with your comment, when he extends himself then he gets injured, poor bloke. Thats why he goes missing and thats when we should chuck on Averillo to get more experience

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not every one mate.
When Kerian contract has finished at the club and if he is asked I think you will find it was 2 years.
Academic anyway as the club offered 1 year.
Never seen 2 anywhere
Or reported anywhere?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green is literally injured a lot worse and set to miss a lot more games.
So yeah, no doubt- Foran over Green.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Didn't say that.
He was putting in effort today though and he won't be at the club next season right.
Yet orher on fat contracts for next season and beyond putting in next to nothing.
Not denying that.... but they are contracted sadly.... well, most of them.... those who are off contract don’t look like being retained. Foran is another issue altogether. He’s a good player, but very injury prone and just not worth the gamble if he wants three years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Green is literally injured a lot worse and set to miss a lot more games.
So yeah, no doubt- Foran over Green.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn’t it? Green was not injured prior to signing with us... he copped a serious injury after the deal was done....bad luck.... Foran has suffered injuries to almost every part of his body and has consistently missed a large portion of games, not only with us, but at two previous clubs. There is really no comparison. Foran is the more injury prone player.

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, isn’t it? Green was not injured prior to signing with us... he copped a serious injury after the deal was done....bad luck.... Foran has suffered injuries to almost every part of his body and gas consistently missed a large portion of games, but only with us, but at two previous clubs. There is really no comparison. Foran is the more injury prone player.
He is. But nobody is changing my mind that I’d prefer Foran with a pec injury over Green with an ACL injury. I still think Cook is better than Lichaa, Lichaa will not play origin, Bellamy is a good coach and Josh Jackson should not have been paid one cent over 400k for his last contract. Just my opinions which people will, have and continue to disagree with.
Maybe I’m wrong, maybe Bellamy is a shit coach and Lichaa will play origin and Green is a better buy than Foran, all opinion.
But for my mind, again, torn pec Foran kills ACL Green.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett didn’t choose Green over Foran.... he’s clearly got someone (most likely burton) in his sights for 2022 and Foran was kidding himself thinking we’d give him 3 years. He’s a very good player and has a lot of heart, but he’s just not worth three years given his injury history. Maybe now he will be willing to accept a shorter term deal. I don’t see anyone offering him three years. If he’s willing to take it year by year and sign a modest deal, I’m all for keeping him, but it’s inaccurate to look at green as a replacement. Green is a solid player who was willing to sign a short term deal, Foran was not. It’s really that simple.
If we still had it, I'd rate you Best Post.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is. But nobody is changing my mind that I’d prefer Foran with a pec injury over Green with an ACL injury. I still think Cook is better than Lichaa, Lichaa will not play origin, Bellamy is a good coach and Josh Jackson should not have been paid one cent over 400k for his last contract. Just my opinions which people will, have and continue to disagree with.
Maybe I’m wrong, maybe Bellamy is a shit coach and Lichaa will play origin and Green is a better buy than Foran, all opinion.
But for my mind, again, torn pec Foran kills ACL Green.
WTF do Bellamy, Cook and Lichaa have to do with anything? Lol

i think you’ve completely missed the point... whether deliberately or not, I don’t know.

Green is a solid first grader who was willing to sign on for one year and was a decent pick up under those circumstances. He doesn’t stand out like Foran at his best, but he’s a solid organiser with a good boot. Could be very valuable to us. He did his ACL after he had signed with the club, so how you can blame the club for that, I don’t know.

Foran is a very solid player, but has struggled with consistent injuries resulting in long lay offs for the past five of six years. He wanted a long term deal and given his injury history, he wasn’t worth the gamble.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are just arguments I’ve had on the forum. My post was highlighting that people’s opinion differ.
I understand the Green scenario.
Solution seems simple to me, get out of the contract (I believe this could have been done) signed Foran for one or two years. Sure it could’ve been negotiated, if it couldn’t management is far dumber than I thought. We really need someone who knows how to negotiate and do business. What a fucken worry!