Foran

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully Bateman and cotric sign with us man. I am not Pay's biggest fan but I felt for him when was pleading for some quality players to come. It's like a big cry for help and seems like no one is answering the call.
For sure mate. He knew the position he was accepting but I do feel for him. He was probably expecting more signings by now and not expecting to lose players of the calibre of Klemmer and CHN either

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he's that injury prone that's he's no longer allowed to or able to kick the football, needs to be let go asap.... was only recently we tried to medically retire him i'd much rather use 100% of his money to buy someone of quality rather than sign him on smaller money and only have enough left over for another fringe first grader from whats left from his current price

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then they should absolutely see what they can get in a player swap this season. We can't rely on Foran moving forward. Three seasons of missing dozens of games and being a passenger many times in others should give the club all the evidence they need to not extend him. He's not getting younger and his body is broken down so it should be an easy decision.
Sure but he would need to be replaced.. Cogger Lewis JMK dont belong anywhere near an NRL spine..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton should be the number 1 priority but considering how the board are we don't have a chance of getting any marquee player.
I wouldn't class Burton as a marquee player....yet. IF we are after him, and we cant get him, that would be pathetic. He's stuck behind 2 quality halves and I'd imagine he would be itching to play 80 minutes every week - even if Pay is the coach. If we miss out on Hastings, and Foran isn't re-singed, he's gotta be the man

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This isn’t directed at you Dexter but just my opinion on the matters.

I’d keep Foran on for a small contract. If he doesn’t want to repay our faith in him and the fact we have paid his super then good riddance.
On Pay, if no one more suitable is available I’d either not re-sign him or sign him up for 2 years. For many players to sign with us they need to know who the coach will be for more than a year.
Worst case scenario we pay him out but something has to give and no coach can work with reserve graders.

I know people will bring up the “No one wants to play under Pay” but where is the truth to that? It’s just an opinion.
Look who Newcastle signed with a multiple winning spoon winning coach most famous for bitch slapping one of his players. Modern day footballers will chase the money
You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else.

My opinion is that Foran is a massive burden on our cap and its time to move on. Whatever "minimal" money you throw at him, is money which can be utilised elsewhere.

In regards to Pay, i dont have much of an opinion to be honest

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson is Tolman's replacement. Tolman will not be re-signed and he will retire unless he finds a gig in the English Super League.

In regards to Foran, there is a lot going on in the back office. We need an experienced halve and the back office is at war with each other over Foran and Reynolds. Half the mob wants Reynolds for 1 year only, while the other mob are against bringing Reynolds back and want Foran for an additional year.

All these "prospective coaches", there is truth to them, BUT they have extinguished the club on the spot. They do not want the job, if they dont have a competitive spine. The thing is, the cattle that is required just isn't there, and these coaches will not place there legacy and egos on the line.

The mob in the back office do not wish to extend Pay, but the problem is they cannot lure the coaches they want to the club. They are "waiting and hoping" that a "class" player falls out with their current clubs so they can try and pounce on them which could entice an experienced coach at the club. I personally cannot see this happening.

No cards are falling into place, and it could be very likely that the club will have no other choice than to extend Pay for another year
Bull fucken shit, any coach would come with an open cheque book and build his own squad

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook is just like Pay when he first started. An unknown rookie taking on a below average squad.

Robinson won the premiership in his rookie year, and he was blessed with Nick Politis and his crew on providing him with a top 4 roster.
hoolbrook has actually been a head coach , pay was only an assistant coach , big difference
It may be super league , but look at Robinson , McGuire . They succeeded there and came over to nrl and won comps

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
tonight's game, we would get wacked by storm by 50 also

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No joke Tigers are interested in Foran.. I was suprised to hear that from a current player manager today..
Id drive him there myself but will probably dislocate his shoulder putting on the seat belt.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else.

My opinion is that Foran is a massive burden on our cap and its time to move on. Whatever "minimal" money you throw at him, is money which can be utilised elsewhere.

In regards to Pay, i dont have much of an opinion to be honest
I think it’s important to have an experienced half around. The people wanting Wakeham & Averillo as our starting halves from round 1 were kidding. I’d prefer an upgrade but if we don’t get one I would keep Foran. I do agree he’s been a massive burden though

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Experience in the halves is definitely needed - no questions asked!

Though, Foran is on 1.2m this year, and he won't get that again

What is a reduced rate from 1.2m? (No stupid numbers - must be realistic)

He's manager will still demand in the 800k vicinity

The club has invested back into the junior system and it will take sometime for a handful (you would hope) of players to crack the NRL.

It's all about the support network around Pay (or any other coach for that matter) and to be honest, its not crash hot at all. We need a total revamp with our strength and conditioning, wrestling and defensive coaching - along with the rest of it.

Roosters and Storm are a perfect example of nailing the network around the head coach.

When you get a chance, look up Dean Robinson (Trent Robinson's brother) and see what he does and what he has done for the Roosters. Trent's brother was one of the reasons Nick Politis employed Trent as he identified one of the best strength and conditioning coaches going around, and with that your network expands across the best in the business.
I agree with you 100%
I’d personally offer Foran 400k with a guaranteed position in the coaching staff post-retirement

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he's thinking what's the use of getting smashed when there's no hope of our team playing finals. If he still had CHN running off him he would be a lot more effective like last year.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%
I’d personally offer Foran 400k with a guaranteed position in the coaching staff post-retirement
he ain’t staying for 400k I wish he did though