Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Cant comment on forans form as watching the warriors is up there with watching a dessie presser. Foran is a great player but tje game has changed over the last 12 to 18 mnths and he can't play 6 like he used to. Kearney is as shit a coach as des is.

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How about we judge Foran on what he does (or doesn't do) in a Dogs jersey in 2018

We have the worst halves in the history of the Bulldogs let alone all of the NRL so bit rich to be slamming a player from another team that has done pretty much everything in the game (GF, International) and let's face it would have been picked for Origin if eligible

Judge him in white and blue
Fair point

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another fucking manly dud,forans motives for coming to the dogs are driven by his kids not playing footy,As a dad I get that and respect it but as a dogs fan I can just see a another disaster waiting to happen,we need players who WANT to play football,at the moment our team looks like it couldn't give a fuck either way adding one more player with the same attitude won't do Foran or the dogs any good

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors are the most inconsistent NRL side in history.

Even Austin and Sezer have been average this year. DCE is only just starting to come good after a dud era without Foran.

What Foran offers that we don't currently have, is someone who can command players around field, kick, and read play well.

Not to mention provided exceptional service, and create overlaps.

Expect guys like BMoz, JMoz, and others to come alive alongside decent service and ball.

That's one big issue this year, or backs getting stuff all ball.

Hard to believe people don't think he will make a difference.
The Foran you've just described is circa 2013. A great player can still make an impact behind an average pack. Have you not watched him the last few seasons ? Not withstanding that he's now a lot more injury prone .

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How about we judge Foran on what he does (or doesn't do) in a Dogs jersey in 2018

We have the worst halves in the history of the Bulldogs let alone all of the NRL so bit rich to be slamming a player from another team that has done pretty much everything in the game (GF, International) and let's face it would have been picked for Origin if eligible

Judge him in white and blue
How dare you post something that makes sense on this thread!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not greatly concerned about Foran at all, what concerns me is that dib will stick by hasler regardless whether he's challenged at election. A new coach, any new coach, will give the playing group a tremendous lift, Foran included, he won't like at first, but he'll settle in. Many of us are convinced, rightly so, that hasler has lost the playing group and that's only part of the crazy stuff we've seen from him for years. It's hard to believe that dib didn't have a pretty solid get out clause in the contract extension, if he hasn't, it border's on completely irresponsible. Did he give hasler what he wanted just to get Foran, maybe. Without hasler I think we've got a reasonable 30 or so players to give us fans something to at the least look forward to.
Great post mate, hasler must go for us to at least look to next with any confidence, the excuse that it is going to cost to much to sack Des won't wash with me, I'm sure that both Jimmy and Baa both love our club and would probably coach for peanuts next year if it came to a crunch.
People power has won many battles in the past, so perhaps fan power or in this case kennel power, just might make our board see the light.
I agree with your assertion that we have 30 good players at our club, if they haven't been playing injured recently it would help if Eastwood Tolman and Graham were to go.
the ISP team is now firing on all cylinders, very probably because the players now realise that with the likelihood of Des going they might just get a chance to play NRL.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team for 2018 would be.
1 Mbye
2 b Mozz
3 J Mozz
4 Lee
5 Montoya
6 Cleeland
7 Foran
8 Klemmer
9 Brown
10 Woods
11 Jackson
12 Elliot
13 RFM
14 Faulao
15 Taulau
16 To--omga
17 Hopoate (can cover a few positions in the back line in case of injury)
Coach Dean Pay, (have never met him but looks like he's a person that wouldn't take shit.)
Assistant Mick Ennis

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Warriors are the most inconsistent NRL side in history.

Even Austin and Sezer have been average this year. DCE is only just starting to come good after a dud era without Foran.

What Foran offers that we don't currently have, is someone who can command players around field, kick, and read play well.

Not to mention provided exceptional service, and create overlaps.

Expect guys like BMoz, JMoz, and others to come alive alongside decent service and ball.

That's one big issue this year, or backs getting stuff all ball.

Hard to believe people don't think he will make a difference.

Foran has

RTS
LUKE
MANNERING
KATA
JOHNSON
LILLYMAN
THOMPSON
Warriors wingers shit all over ours...

And what has he done for the Warriors ???

Now look at our shit squad and how the fuck is he going to improve that when he couldnt do it with half of the NZ national squad

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SJ is half the problem. He's like the NZ version of Reynolds. Hot and cold and nobody knows what he is going to do.

Can't blame Foran for Lino/Hingano being rubbish to average at best in step up to NRL.

Our biggest issues are Forans strengths. The ability to command a team around a ground.

Half or issues in sure are that we go out on field and fail to execute (or remember) a game plan. When that goes to shit there isn't a commanding player who can step up and try to bring the game back.

Not saying that's all our problems, but it's a lot.

If Hoppa stood up in #1 in attack and started commanding troops from the back it'd make a big difference too as all good fullbacks talk in defence.

I can see 2018 being:

1. Hoppa/BMoz (I'd prefer BMoz)
6. Brown
7. Foran
9. Mbye

The Foran you've just described is circa 2013. A great player can still make an impact behind an average pack. Have you not watched him the last few seasons ? Not withstanding that he's now a lot more injury prone .
Injury prone thing is a myth. Yes he's had a few minor injuries, but not much more than many other players.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ is half the problem. He's like the NZ version of Reynolds. Hot and cold and nobody knows what he is going to do.

Can't blame Foran for Lino/Hingano being rubbish to average at best in step up to NRL.

Our biggest issues are Forans strengths. The ability to command a team around a ground.

Half or issues in sure are that we go out on field and fail to execute (or remember) a game plan. When that goes to shit there isn't a commanding player who can step up and try to bring the game back.

Not saying that's all our problems, but it's a lot.

If Hoppa stood up in #1 in attack and started commanding troops from the back it'd make a big difference too as all good fullbacks talk in defence.

I can see 2018 being:

1. Hoppa/BMoz (I'd prefer BMoz)
6. Brown
7. Foran
9. Mbye

Injury prone thing is a myth. Yes he's had a few minor injuries, but not much more than many other players.
Doesn't miss many games injured , but plays many games injured and it is obvious

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran has

RTS
LUKE
MANNERING
KATA
JOHNSON
LILLYMAN
THOMPSON
Warriors wingers shit all over ours...

And what has he done for the Warriors ???

Now look at our shit squad and how the fuck is he going to improve that when he couldnt do it with half of the NZ national squad
Does that make rts and luke average players as well?? They were both stars for the roosters and souths

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's really stepped up as a leader and playmaker in Johnson's absence hasn't he?

This is why you don't give desperate coaches fighting for their careers an open cheque book to make desperation signings that set the club back further. It's extremely depressing.

I said from day one we should have gone after Watson and cheaper, younger players with promise who's best days aren't behind them but that's obviously not what the club is interested in.
Watson over foran is absolute madness. Completely unproven player who had a handful of good games last year and played well in the 9s against reserve graders versus an international whos only 26

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watson over foran is absolute madness. Completely unproven player who had a handful of good games last year and played well in the 9s against reserve graders versus an international whos only 26
At two thirds of the price, based on potential and without any injury or personal baggage I'd rather sign Watson.

If he weren't at the Roosters where they have so much depth, he'd have been playing regularly from last season.

He can play four or five positions and has been very good almost every opportunity he's received.

What has Foran done this season to justify his pricetag and reputation? And it's not solely because of the Warriors.

Simon Mannering stands out amidst that rabble year after year so it is possible to play well on a losing team.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
BOTTOM LINE

He is still better than any half we have at the club ! Not sure bout Cleeland though(dudes absolutely killing it in ISP) I dont care if its Foran, Brown, Cleeland, Frawley I just want a half that will take the game by the scruff of the neck when the game is on the line & TAKE CONTROL !!!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Does that make rts and luke average players as well?? They were both stars for the roosters and souths
On form hell yeah...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No it doesn't. What it tells you is that having stars in your team is no guarantee of success. What you have to have is complimentary skills that maximises the value of each. It's why the Storm are so good. Smith/Cronk/Slater all compliment each other. It's also why teams like the tigers and panthers won't win a comp. They have individually brilliant players but they don't maximise the strengths of each other. At some point they will work out that Clearly and Moylan can't play in the same team and them win the comp. they work against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.