Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is that we're expecting him to save us. He's just moving from one average team to another average team.
I'm not expecting him to save us, but it will interesting to see how we play with an actual half that knows what he's doing for once.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Warriors are the most inconsistent NRL side in history.

Even Austin and Sezer have been average this year. DCE is only just starting to come good after a dud era without Foran.

What Foran offers that we don't currently have, is someone who can command players around field, kick, and read play well.

Not to mention provided exceptional service, and create overlaps.

Expect guys like BMoz, JMoz, and others to come alive alongside decent service and ball.

That's one big issue this year, or backs getting stuff all ball.

Hard to believe people don't think he will make a difference.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's a desperate signing and one i wouldn't have made. I hope he does return to his consistent best, but i really can't see it happening.
All of our/Hasler's actions of late have the smell of desperation all over them...much like Parra when they signed Floppa to a deal for when he returned from his missionary work.

Our only hope is that the salary cap forces some of our plodders to go, and we're forced to blood lower graders....in an ideal scenario, with a coach who has more vision and balls than Has-been.
The prospect of Has-bro remaining ,are too painful to contemplate not only for the fans but for the players forced to play under his 1950s inspired playing style.

Fuck off already Des!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's coming to the same then. Check out how far we were going in our sets on Thursday, it was shocking.
Thats fair but its pretty rare youre gonna see a half playing great football behind a forward pack thats doing nothing. Just because hes not staring this year doesnt mean hes all of a sudden lost his ability

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats fair but its pretty rare youre gonna see a half playing great football behind a forward pack thats doing nothing. Just because hes not staring this year doesnt mean hes all of a sudden lost his ability
Its unreal the shit he is getting in here lol.

Sure stats aren't everything but you check his try assist and line break assist to that of all the other sevens in the comp and they stack up well.

The guy I'd a good half. People on here seem to think Mathew Johns is a good judge and good coach of halves. Well when he talks about Foran he nearly.blows his load. Every team he signed for suddenly become a contender in the media and book maker. But the kennel know best lol.

Basically we a forum full of guys like the one who told Klemm to get an offload lmao. I'm guilty of that too by the way. I call players like James graham shit when I know it is a RIDICULOUS thing to say. Just like some of the comments in here about Foran.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there's alot of issues with him compared to years gone by. Family issues, mental health and physical condition are all big problems.

None of us want to see the side in the bottom 4 but I think a lot of fans are hoping for a miracle from Foran and Woods and might be disappointed. As I read in another thread we probably need another 3-4 good players to be a contender.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His coming to collect just like his mentor, when players used to come to us their game improved, now when they come, it's to relax with a pay rise with no accountability! I can't see him seeing out his contract!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure stats aren't everything but you check his try assist and line break assist to that of all the other sevens in the comp and they stack up well.
Is he really though. I'm no stats expert but just looked up try assists and he's 16th equal with Brenko Lee. There's plenty of halves ahead of him.

I don't think any bulldogs fan wouldn't want to see him do well but I think desperation has clouded some fans judgement.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warriors are the most inconsistent NRL side in history.

Even Austin and Sezer have been average this year. DCE is only just starting to come good after a dud era without Foran.

What Foran offers that we don't currently have, is someone who can command players around field, kick, and read play well.

Not to mention provided exceptional service, and create overlaps.

Expect guys like BMoz, JMoz, and others to come alive alongside decent service and ball.

That's one big issue this year, or backs getting stuff all ball.

Hard to believe people don't think he will make a difference.
A difference, yes. a saviour, no...

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of our/Hasler's actions of late have the smell of desperation all over them...much like Parra when they signed Floppa to a deal for when he returned from his missionary work.

Our only hope is that the salary cap forces some of our plodders to go, and we're forced to blood lower graders....in an ideal scenario, with a coach who has more vision and balls than Has-been.
The prospect of Has-bro remaining ,are too painful to contemplate not only for the fans but for the players forced to play under his 1950s inspired playing style.

Fuck off already Des!
I'm not greatly concerned about Foran at all, what concerns me is that dib will stick by hasler regardless whether he's challenged at election. A new coach, any new coach, will give the playing group a tremendous lift, Foran included, he won't like at first, but he'll settle in. Many of us are convinced, rightly so, that hasler has lost the playing group and that's only part of the crazy stuff we've seen from him for years. It's hard to believe that dib didn't have a pretty solid get out clause in the contract extension, if he hasn't, it border's on completely irresponsible. Did he give hasler what he wanted just to get Foran, maybe. Without hasler I think we've got a reasonable 30 or so players to give us fans something to at the least look forward to.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He straightens the attack and has a kicking game 2 things we need
He averages 3-4 kicks per game. His kicking game is decent but not decent enough for him to be considered a kicker by any coach.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every team he signed for suddenly become a contender in the media and book maker. But the kennel know best lol.
Warriors are currently 12th on 18 competition points. Bulldogs are 13th on 18 competition points. If anyone is selling Warriors as a contender because they have Foran, they're probably about to lose their house. If Foran was that good then the Warriors would be in a good position.

They're in the same position as the Dogs and to make things worse, they just lost to Newcastle. Not only lost, they got smashed by Newcastle. Even we weren't that bad.

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His coming to collect just like his mentor, when players used to come to us their game improved, now when they come, it's to relax with a pay rise with no accountability! I can't see him seeing out his contract!
And where's he going to go then

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always has been over rated

Warriors have been shocking since johnson got injured.. and yet he cops more shit than foran

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about we judge Foran on what he does (or doesn't do) in a Dogs jersey in 2018

We have the worst halves in the history of the Bulldogs let alone all of the NRL so bit rich to be slamming a player from another team that has done pretty much everything in the game (GF, International) and let's face it would have been picked for Origin if eligible

Judge him in white and blue

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's really stepped up as a leader and playmaker in Johnson's absence hasn't he?

This is why you don't give desperate coaches fighting for their careers an open cheque book to make desperation signings that set the club back further. It's extremely depressing.

I said from day one we should have gone after Watson and cheaper, younger players with promise who's best days aren't behind them but that's obviously not what the club is interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.