Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All that said. He's played some really good games and some really bad games. He's basically playing like Shaun Johnson right now. Some of it is the team around him but a lot is individual effort. Some games he just disappears and doesn't get involved at all. And when he does it's just a simple catch and pass.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so foran is playing like frawley with one of the best spines in the game.

FMD, God help us next year with Hoppa as our fullback and Mr Iamautilityanddontknowmyposition Mbye as a hooker next year.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been shocking today. I am talking Frawley shocking.

I am starting to get nervous about next season. Have we bought a dud?

Just looks disinterested.
Disinterested, well he will fit right in with the rest of us ....

Foran is a gun player, Hasler is a dud coach...should be interesting

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All that said. He's played some really good games and some really bad games. He's basically playing like Shaun Johnson right now. Some of it is the team around him but a lot is individual effort. Some games he just disappears and doesn't get involved at all. And when he does it's just a simple catch and pass.
SJ creates sooo many more chances than Foran though. Foran really doesn't create much at all.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People are hoping he's the answer out of desperation. But I'm realistic and know he can't add much to the team.

I can't remember the game but the warriors were behind by a try with 5 minutes to go and he put a kick into touch. It looks like his heart isn't in it and I think we're in for disappointment next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People are hoping he's the answer out of desperation. But I'm realistic and know he can't add much to the team.

I can't remember the game but the warriors were behind by a try with 5 minutes to go and he put a kick into touch. It looks like his heart isn't in it and I think we're in for disappointment next year.
Yes a lot of people are being unrealistic when it comes to Foran imo. He isn't anywhere close to the player he was during the early days of his Manly career.

We will be his 4th club in 4 years. He really hasn't played like an elite half since his 2nd last season at Manly. He isn't a creative half. He doesn't bring a complete kicking game. Physically he's busted. Mentally he's busted. I could go on..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
SJ creates sooo many more chances than Foran though. Foran really doesn't create much at all.
True. Foran has a better kicking game while SJ has a better running game.

But I don't think they're even that similar in the consistency. SJ is just plain inconsistent. He's brilliant one game then shit the next.

Foran is inconsistent if the team is inconsistent. If the players around him are great them he's great. If they struggle then he becomes shit. I remember a couple of months back where Foran caught the ball from the hooker, passes it to Johnson, Then Johnson set up a try. Happened twice in the game. Many people on here were saying that it was all Johnson, and the commentators where saying that it's all Johnson. But realistically it was just the players around him making him look good while he literally just caught the ball and passed it.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does Hasler and Keiran Foran have a lot in common. Were world beaters 2011, now just nothing trying to make as much money from any club that isn't Manly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True. Foran has a better kicking game while SJ has a better running game.

But I don't think they're even that similar in the consistency. SJ is just plain inconsistent. He's brilliant one game then shit the next.

Foran is inconsistent if the team is inconsistent. If the players around him are great them he's great. If they struggle then he becomes shit. I remember a couple of months back where Foran caught the ball from the hooker, passes it to Johnson, Then Johnson set up a try. Happened twice in the game. Many people on here were saying that it was all Johnson, and the commentators where saying that it's all Johnson. But realistically it was just the players around him making him look good while he literally just caught the ball and passed it.
Don't agree. SJ has a much better kicking game than Foran. Foran isn't even the dominant kicker with a rookie alongside him atm. And even though SJ is inconsistent, he still manages to create tries every game.

Foran has been bog average for years. He isn't close to the player he once was and that isn't on the players around him imo.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's rubbish. He's doing the exact same things everyone complains about our halves doing.
I'm with you mate.
Homesick? Missing Sydney, not settled, doing it tough? How many people on here earning a million bucks a year.............you can add the rest.

He will possibly have about as much impact on our messed up team as he has had on the Warriors this year.
They bought Tuivasa-Sheck, Foran - NO change - that says the coach and or culture is wrong.

Ditto Dogs until we start at the top and clear it out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm with you mate.
Homesick? Missing Sydney, not settled, doing it tough. How many people on here earning a million bucks a year.............you can add the rest.

He will possibly have about as much impact on our messed up team as he has had on the Warriors this year.
They bought Tuivasa-Sheck, Foran - NO change - that says the coach and or culture is wrong.

Ditto Dogs until we start at the top and clear it out.
He's a desperate signing and one i wouldn't have made. I hope he does return to his consistent best, but i really can't see it happening.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran has a very odd and very specific play style. He plays like a halfback but he doesn't have the brain of a halfback.

Many people on here think he's going to answer our halfback problem. There's a reason Foran doesn't play halfback. He has the play style of a halfback but he doesn't have the brain of a halfback so no coach plays him as a halfback.

Look at who he played alongside. Corey Norman, excellent football Brian. DCE, excellent football brain. Even Hodkinson, excellent football brain. These are players who provide all the intelligence while Foran provides all the skill.

Now Foran is at the Warriors and they're a mess of inconsistency. They have no leadership in the halves and Foran can't provide that Leadership.

Foran ain't going to save the Bulldogs any more than Mbye could. All well have is another half who can't lead the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran has a very odd and very specific play style. He plays like a halfback but he doesn't have the brain of a halfback.

Many people on here think he's going to answer our halfback problem. There's a reason Foran doesn't play halfback. He has the play style of a halfback but he doesn't have the brain of a halfback so no coach plays him as a halfback.

Look at who he played alongside. Corey Norman, excellent football Brian. DCE, excellent football brain. Even Hodkinson, excellent football brain. These are players who provide all the intelligence while Foran provides all the skill.

Now Foran is at the Warriors and they're a mess of inconsistency. They have no leadership in the halves and Foran can't provide that Leadership.

Foran ain't going to save the Bulldogs any more than Mbye could. All well have is another half who can't lead the team.
Again i don't agree with that, other than the part about Foran not saving us lol.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a desperate signing and one i wouldn't have made. I hope he does return to his consistent best, but i really can't see it happening.
Absolutely desperate - ALL about promoting more Des mythology and HIM over the team & club.
The board are living in the past & enabling Des to do the same.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players look disinterested when the season is over. Look at our whole squad except for Klemmer, Jackson & Fataila-Mariner.

We need to hit the ground running next season and go into the origin period inside the top 4.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran was at his peak from 2011-2014. Since then it's been downhill. I firmly believe he'll be a handy buy but will not be the saviour many expect.
The Bulldogs need to pick up at least another 4 to 5 good players to be a success in 2018. If Foran & Woods are it, the Dogs will miss the 8 again.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can only wait and see, all the warriors players are average this year so its hard to judge him yet.
The problem is that we're expecting him to save us. He's just moving from one average team to another average team.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is he shit? hes playing behind a useless forward pack. Hes been one of the best halves in the game for years
He's coming to the same then. Check out how far we were going in our sets on Thursday, it was shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.