News Foran won’t back down from rep arena as he eyes dogs return.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont think NZ will be playing before the end of the NRL season, so it may not affect us if he plays for them again anyway

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s one of the competitions finest players. A fit Foran could have us top 4. He got us within one win of the 8 last year.
Yeh he is when fit. Id go as far as to say if he played every game or at least most of them, we would have seen more finals in recent years. He is elite when hes fit. Damn shame about the body. We got him too late in his career. 2012 (coming over with Des) would have been the best timing for him in our team.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned this a few months ago. But as a true professional, as a clubman (not a player) as a ambassador Foran has been great. Every injury he has pushed and come back early. If kasiano and Trex had 1/5th the heart of Foran we would be looking at taumalolo like he was soft.

To his detriment though he does push so hard to return he comes back under done. I wouldn’t be so concerned with his shoulder when he comes back. More so the soft tissues. The Hammies and the groin which would be underdone after not playing for 6 months and only having a dozen or so contact sessions before the season restarts. My fear is when he goes for the explosion (not that he has that speed anymore) he will pull or even worse tear something.

I think his greatest contribution to the club would be if he can pass on his work ethic, his training and his rehab rituals to a few of our young pups. If they can work half as hard as him they will be 90% of the way to succeeding.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The bloke would have to know that commenting about playing Rep footy again would piss of the Dogs fans yet claims to want to repay the club etc? Should have said nothing at all about it and if pressed just said. "the dogs are my focus right now".

I suspect they will resign him because let's face it, they're chasing Reynolds FFS. Neither blokes should feature in discussions about our future however I think recruitment hasn't played out the way the club had hoped and are getting desperate. I think they thought "war chest" would have every upcoming player knocking on our door but it's been tumbleweeds. We were told 2021 is the year we're back, a lot of action will need to happen very soon for that to be a reality.

I am excited for Thomson coming though so a small bit of positivity.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Foran's good enough to get selected for the international team I have nothing against him playing. You can't deprive someone playing for their country (for no reason, literally none). I want as many players as possible playing in the international arena.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can’t wait until this guy is off the roster.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rep footy should be the last thing on his mind. Foz needs to adjust his game like Baa did and many others have done successfully in their latter years.

Halfback is too much work for him needs to go back to 6.
What player, when he is asked "do you want to represent your country?" wouldn't answer "yes"?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what he said wasn't it...he won't give rep footy away but is focusing on week in week out footy for Canterbury
I know that I’m being selfish but why can’t he just commit to our great club just for once.
We have paid him well and stuck through the long road of rehabilitation so many times
At least pay us back in keeping on the field and avoid unnecessary games.
Dogs first
Country a long second

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
foran is always fit but made of glass!!!he will be lucky to survive 5 games!!!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My question to Foran is... If you stay fit and in top form are you prepared to sign a fair new contract that includes clauses safeguarding the club against any major injuries ?
The thing is we gambled when his mate HITLER signed him
For 3 seasons we wasted approximately 15% of our cap on him
I guess soon we will know how true his LOYALTY is !!!
Or will we ???

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t be so sure .. you never know with this board
We can be sure of one thing
The club and the coach did everything possible to medically retire him in his 1st year with us
Has anything change in the past 3 years to change their minds ?
More importantly...Do they have a better prospect to replace him ????????
If true, the way we are linked to all the retirees from the NRL and Supper League...I DOUBT IT !!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I named the the old nag in the back paddock Foran. Fucking thing dont know it is beat but it is beat
Same as my old Staffy. Yells at me to take her for a walk like she's the best dog athlete about, runs around like crazy for about 30 seconds, then lies down and waits to get carried.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Foran's good enough to get selected for the international team I have nothing against him playing. You can't deprive someone playing for their country (for no reason, literally none). I want as many players as possible playing in the international arena.
but heres the thing
Many said before he played rep last year that he would probably end up injured. There was concern because we were depleted of quality already.
He looked like an old man hobbling around after games last year.
Seriously, was he actually fit to play Rep last year? How did he come to be injured?
Without him in the team at present, we have no attacking threat.
His injury caused us major disruption in the off seasons preparation for this year. Its not just that he's out due to his injury, its that we have Lewis steering the ship. First grade Bulldogs NRL, how shit we look.
He is on major coin, we need a return on his contract. 50% isnt really good enough. Wouldnt nearly be as bad if he was on 200K but a reported million.
If he isnt playing NRL, does he make the NZ team? Who afforded him the opportunity to be in a position to play rep in the first place?
The Bulldogs. The Club that has been rehabbing him ever sinse he got here.

So I think there is a reason why the club should of told him to get his hand off it when he said he wanted to play rep. Its not even hindsight, it was like giving a drunk mate his car keys knowing it probably wasnt going to end well.

He should have been honoring his contract ( "I want to repay the Dogs" ????? ) doing everything possible given his history to be ready to go round 1 2020.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I give him 3-5 rounds then he will be out with another injury. The guys. Body has had it. Hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see this recovery any diff to his others