News Foran wants future sorted soon

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
350 max 1 year. He owes us.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It could be telling either way though, right?
If Baz and Foz haven’t spoken it may be because Baz believes he’ll be here next year and there’s plenty of time to talk later. In Herb’s case it may have been that Baz said he’s not in the plans and wishes him well so it may have been a short conversation. Both scenarios sound plausible to me...
Speaking to him next year is no good if someone is chasing him this year. If he can't commit now on sensible dollars I would move him on.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a read what Gus Gould reackons
Gould's suggestion would only work if $300k cap space is kept unspent in 2022 to be used as a bonus for Foran if we win the 2021 GF. Little difference between that and an infamous Des back ended deal, same bad meal but different wrapper. If Gould means giving that $300k bonus to Foran in 2021 then that is no relief on the salary cap at all. It's obvious that Foran should only be signed on a massive discount to his current wage and he must retire from rep football. Maybe that's too obvious for our board.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gould's suggestion would only work if $300k cap space is kept unspent in 2022 to be used as a bonus for Foran if we win the 2021 GF. Little difference between that and an infamous Des back ended deal, same bad meal but different wrapper. If Gould means giving that $300k bonus to Foran in 2021 then that is no relief on the salary cap at all. It's obvious that Foran should only be signed on a massive discount to his current wage and he must retire from rep football. Maybe that's too obvious for our board.
You can't stop a player representing their country if they're good enough to do so. It's morally wrong to even consider mentioning it. Also I love Gould but he's out of touch with his suggestion as regardless if Foran is injured or not we can't use the money we'd save (Foran's bonuses) inside the salary cap.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't stop a player representing their country if they're good enough to do so. It's morally wrong to even consider mentioning it.
That's what our two greatest players Mortimer and Lamb did during their career. They both retired from rep football to focus on the Dogs and their family. If Foran wants to repay the club like he publicly said he would then that's what he would do. He got a long term injury playing for NZ last year which stuffed him and our club this year. Test matches are meaningless for the average fan. I can easily tell you who won the GF for the last 45 years from memory but I wouldn't know who won a test match for any given year. It's a certainy that if Foran plays rep football he'll pick up another injury. If our board had any sense this is the only option.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good as Foran is/was/can be, I’d rather him gone. What’s the point of having a good player in an important position that plays at best half a season?

Realistically he’s not even a game changer, how many games has he honestly helped us win? To disrupting to the team having him in and out

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green has just signed with Newcastle for this season....what does that mean for Foran?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green has just signed with Newcastle for this season....what does that mean for Foran?
He's lost his only leverage unless some other team want a liability playmaker and offer him bigger $. Our board should not raise their offer unless they're stupid enough to bid against themselves. I wouldn't put it past them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing really. I don't think Newcastle are an option unless they're intent on losing Hoy and Crossland.

But even then, Green to Newcastle is only for the rest of this season I think.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one wants him, he'll stay and he'll take what we offer.

I saw an interview with Lewis and he said Barrett has called him. My stomach turned as I read it and I immediately took smoko. I was hoping he would just ghost Lewis tbh hahahaha.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just to be clear INCENTIVE BASED CONTRACTS ARE USELESS AS THE NRL VALUES THEM IN THE CAP AT FULL VALUE. So if we have,say a $200K base contract plus $200K if a certain number of games are played then the NRL values the contract at $400K. It doesn't matter what we actually pay. That's why no one is on incentive based contracts any more.

Go Dogs
Prove it

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran stays fit and gets a decent halves partner and dummy half to give decent ball, he can still be a big player for us. It's impossible for him to shine with Lewis and/or JMK (or a prop) throwing him shit ball, but he still looks a couple of classes above the rest of the team. I know a play is going nowhere if Lewis gets his hands on the ball, but it's a very different expectation when Foran's involved. His fitness is the obvious gamble, but I'd watch him for a couple more games, then up the offer to about $450k if he's fit and playing well.

I know it's a big gamble because of his injuries, but there are just no (obvious) decent halves around and available, so we're not in an easy position and we need some experience in the halves. Still, I'd say the reason Barrett hasn't spoken to Foran is because he's looking around for another option. Or maybe he see's something in Wakeham or Cogger or young Biondi Odo he thinks he can work with. In any case, dummy half is still our biggest problem.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one wants him, he'll stay and he'll take what we offer.

I saw an interview with Lewis and he said Barrett has called him. My stomach turned as I read it and I immediately took smoko. I was hoping he would just ghost Lewis tbh hahahaha.
Oh crap. I get this sick feeling that Barrett may see it as a personal challenge to turn Lewis into a proper 7...like those teen movies where they turn the ugly girl into a hottie.
Hopefully he only called Lewis to tell tim to pack his bags.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh crap. I get this sick feeling that Barrett may see it as a personal challenge to turn Lewis into a proper 7...like those teen movies where they turn the ugly girl into a hottie.
Hopefully he only called Lewis to tell tim to pack his bags.
Its on the NRL website. Unfortunately it sounded like a positive call, that's why I felt ill and had a smoke lol.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If God does have a sense of humour he will definitely make this happen. I know old mate @BEAST MODE, @Berries ,@Family Guy , @Radio Raheem , @Spoonman84 , @Kempsey Dog @maroondog72 and the rest of the gang are "desperate' for Lachy to get a fair go under "Sexy" TBaz...:tearsofjoy::tongueclosed::tonguewink::tearsofjoy:
I honestly couldn't give a crap who the 7 is. For me its not personal, its all about ability. If my son was playing 7 and he was shit, I'd be the first SOB on here calling for his head.

With Lewis, he just doesnt have the skills needed. Avo and BBO have speed, footwork and x-factor - once Barrett sees them at training, Lewis will be playing CC.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its on the NRL website. Unfortunately it sounded like a positive call, that's why I felt ill and had a smoke lol.
Hopefully Baz was just being nice and blowing smoke up his ass. Baz is actually a half so he cant be too impressed with Lewis.