News Foran wants future sorted soon

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just to be clear INCENTIVE BASED CONTRACTS ARE USELESS AS THE NRL VALUES THEM IN THE CAP AT FULL VALUE. So if we have,say a $200K base contract plus $200K if a certain number of games are played then the NRL values the contract at $400K. It doesn't matter what we actually pay. That's why no one is on incentive based contracts any more.

Go Dogs
I couldn't make out that first part, could you use a larger sized font next time?

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont resign foran remember what happened with michael liccha when we resigned him for doing nothing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay him his $600k per year. But have a clause that he needs to play 80% of games or it drops to $300k. Problem solved ! Lol
What happens when he plays injured or hides an injury so he gets his bonus. The bloke would play with a broken leg to get paid.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's more than enough for us not to make the eight next year tho. We need to be firing from round one. Also there will be a lot of pressure on Barrett next year (more than Pay has had over the last two or so years). We're supposed to have a competitive/top eight roster next year.
According to who? You are kidding yourself if we are jumping from last to inside the 8 in 1 season. It's a good 2-3 year plan.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to who? You are kidding yourself if we are jumping from last to inside the 8 in 1 season. It's a good 2-3 year plan.
I think we can recruit a roster that'll be in or around the eight for next year. I want progress and improvement every year up until 2024 and that's when I'd be looking at top 4/better. After the last three years we've had we have to be competing for the top eight next year. This is the last year of the main excuses you hear. Also I don't think our team is playing like the last placed team in the NRL. I think we're very unlucky not to have an extra three to four wins. We've also been without Hopoate and Elliott for an extended period of time - two of our best players. We have a very good base, just missing a few key players. Add a top hooker, strike centre an a half alongside Foran and we're competing for the eight imo. The people who're kidding themselves were the people who thought we could do something last year and this year, I think expectations are a lot higher next year, personally at least.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What happens when he plays injured or hides an injury so he gets his bonus. The bloke would play with a broken leg to get paid.
Do you really think Foran actually needs the money? His old man is worth many hundreds of millions, he was CEO of Walmart (who he revived from a near basket case) in the US for 5 years and is currently CEO of Air New Zealand. When he left Walmart his payout, including share options was $250m.
The fact is Foran just loves to play footy, he lives for the contest, that's why he works so hard on his recovery, he doesn't get paid more for training hard, he just wants to play. In the Kiwi team he is highly respected, something that is earned not given.

Go Dogs

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really think Foran actually needs the money? His old man is worth many hundreds of millions, he was CEO of Walmart (who he revived from a near basket case) in the US for 5 years and is currently CEO of Air New Zealand. When he left Walmart his payout, including share options was $250m.
The fact is Foran just loves to play footy, he lives for the contest, that's why he works so hard on his recovery, he doesn't get paid more for training hard, he just wants to play. In the Kiwi team he is highly respected, something that is earned not given.

Go Dogs
Yeah he does need the money.

He has two of his own children who he supports along with ex-partner.

Current partner has 5 kids.

If he was scabbing from his father, he wouldn't be playing in the NRL. He would be in the Bahamas with one hand on his cock and the other on a pair of tits.

Snap out of it Twinski

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I actually agree.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't believe that the 8 is that far out of our reach for next year Definitely not inconceivable with the current nucleus plus Cotric, a full pre season Thompson and the additional of a couple of strike players and a new coach. The 4 though that's a longer term objective.

Go Dogs

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If he was scabbing from his father, he wouldn't be playing in the NRL. He would be in the Bahamas with one hand on his cock and the other on a pair of tits.

Snap out of it Twinski
Also his brother works up in the mines in the Hunter Valley. Am pretty sure he wouldnt be hauling his ass down a coal mine if they just got funding from their old man.

Most families with money make their kids earn it as well. Otherwise they turn in fucktards like the Kardashians lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Foran should be his own man as far as his Dad's money goes. Do you expect him to be asking his Dad to pay for his expenses?

My Dad's wealth had no bearing on my life and decisions whatsoever while he was alive. Of course I benefitted when he passed on. Keiran may have to wait 30 years for his dad to hand on his inheritance.

And yes Foran wants the money. Otherwise extend your contract for what we've offered Foz.

Twin pearles you are getting sillier by the day with your defensive posts :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Snap out of it Twinski
Perhaps some additional facts and corrections, his current wife Karina May Ormsby/Steinwede/Foran actually has 6 kids.
Her ex is Matt Steinwede who is the #1 McGrath Agent in Australia, so he has no problems paying for his share of the 6 children.
Foran split the proceeds form the sale of his first house at Freshwater with his ex wife, Rebecca Pope and paid cash for a new house in St Ives, which is on 1200 sq metres.
Foran is apparently not the father of one of Rebecca Pope's 2 children, the youngest Jordan, which was the reason for the breakup. And a great deal of his mental problems back in 2016.
In summary, nope he doesn't need the money, even without his substantial family support.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps some additional facts and corrections, his current wife Karina May Ormsby/Steinwede/Foran actually has 6 kids.
Her ex is Matt Steinwede who is the #1 McGrath Agent in Australia, so he has no problems paying for his share of the 6 children.
Foran split the proceeds form the sale of his first house at Freshwater with his ex wife, Rebecca Pope and paid cash for a new house in St Ives, which is on 1200 sq metres.
Foran is apparently not the father of one of Rebecca Pope's 2 children, the youngest Jordan, which was the reason for the breakup. And a great deal of his mental problems back in 2016.
In summary, nope he doesn't need the money, even without his substantial family support.

Go Dogs
Who are you kidding? You don’t have a clue about another mans financial situation so stop pretending to.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also his brother works up in the mines in the Hunter Valley. Am pretty sure he wouldnt be hauling his ass down a coal mine if they just got funding from their old man.
Most families with money make their kids earn it as well. Otherwise they turn in fucktards like the Kardashians lol
I assume you mean Liam who is a professional rugby league coach who like many is currently not able to coach due to their being no games being played outside of the NRL. I don't know what he is currently doing but I assume it's only temporary until he can resume coaching. From the reports I have heard he's actually a pretty good coach working his way up the ladder.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Who are you kidding? You don’t have a clue about another mans financial situation so stop pretending to.
You have no idea how much I know or why I know it.
But please feel free to fact check what I have posted.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just to be clear INCENTIVE BASED CONTRACTS ARE USELESS AS THE NRL VALUES THEM IN THE CAP AT FULL VALUE. So if we have,say a $200K base contract plus $200K if a certain number of games are played then the NRL values the contract at $400K. It doesn't matter what we actually pay. That's why no one is on incentive based contracts any more.

Go Dogs
Yeah but I dare say if those incentives weren't achieved by said player that we could utilise those funds to front load a contract or two

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign him at 450k for 1 year, Burton for 2022.

Grab SBW, Mclean and Brandon Smith with Cotric for 2021.

Let Barrett do the rest.