News Foran wants future sorted soon

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not surprised he wants it sorted asap. He's strung a decent number of games together for a change and another major injury would send potential suitors scattering. He wants it done NOW!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for him staying with us. I think he's a good half when he's on and switched on.

Problem at the moment is hes not always switched on.

I think a lot of that has to do with our teams lackluster performances.

Get us going forward, with a decent pack, a decent game plane, a bit of intensity, a decent spine and a decent half to partner him and I'll think he'll light the world on fire - should he stay fit.

I don't think 500k is to much for him.

I do think his last contract was way to high, and it seems he knows that the dogs didn't get what they payed for 8n that last contract.

I hope he re signs.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question remains what are our options
Keep glass-man Foran or...
Get old-men Green and or Maloney
We definitely need experienced leaders !!!
Out of the 3, Maloney by a mile, at least he's not injury prone and can win you a game!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gould said if he was at the Bulldogs he would not be offering Foran more than $300,000, and was unapologetic in his assessment of the No.6's value.
It's not personal. It's just business and thats the way the club need to think.

What impact does him missing half the games being the best paid player, have on the roster? Then he is missing in the clutch moments. Time to genuinely have a roster that is primed for the future.

Foran is an unreliable expensive playmaker who isnt getting the job done thats required of him.

Sign him for next year. He misses half the games again and the other already average halves are in/out of the team for another year getting us no where.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould said if he was at the Bulldogs he would not be offering Foran more than $300,000, and was unapologetic in his assessment of the No.6's value.
On a 5 year plan?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gould said 300k, cant give him anymore than 400. Remember when Benji refused the contract at St George and ended up playing for the broncos for 150k?
did broncos play him 150 towards the cap and then 500 in third party agreements?
hmm

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It could be telling either way though, right?
If Baz and Foz haven’t spoken it may be because Baz believes he’ll be here next year and there’s plenty of time to talk later. In Herb’s case it may have been that Baz said he’s not in the plans and wishes him well so it may have been a short conversation. Both scenarios sound plausible to me...
That’s a big gamble from baz if that’s the case, to not speak to our best player because he “thinks” he will be here is a massive gamble from the incoming coach.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a big gamble from baz if that’s the case, to not speak to our best player because he “thinks” he will be here is a massive gamble from the incoming coach.
I don’t think it would be that loose so perhaps I should’ve said ‘knows’ rather than ‘believes’. I’m simply saying there’s other possible explanations to Baz allegedly ‘not’ having spoken to Foz and ‘had’ spoken to Herb.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to be clear INCENTIVE BASED CONTRACTS ARE USELESS AS THE NRL VALUES THEM IN THE CAP AT FULL VALUE. So if we have,say a $200K base contract plus $200K if a certain number of games are played then the NRL values the contract at $400K. It doesn't matter what we actually pay. That's why no one is on incentive based contracts any more.

Go Dogs

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'd be looking for a 2 year deal at least and we're not stupid enough to agree to that.

Can't do another 2 years of throwing money down the drain for this guy. He is a a wind blow away of reinjuring himself right now.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those who want Foran want him for his experience, with Baz as coach I believe that he will make Averillo a top 5/8 well before the end of the year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Those who want Foran want him for his experience, with Baz as coach I believe that he will make Averillo a top 5/8 well before the end of the year.
That's more than enough for us not to make the eight next year tho. We need to be firing from round one. Also there will be a lot of pressure on Barrett next year (more than Pay has had over the last two or so years). We're supposed to have a competitive/top eight roster next year.