News Foran wants future sorted soon

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Elliot actually said Baz told him he was in his plans and wanted him to stay
Well there you go, hadn’t heard that :-).
That’s assuming these comments and reports are true. For both players it’s going to come down to money (as it usually does) and whether the club is prepared to pay what they think they’re worth.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we don't bid well who is going to replace him?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was interviewed on Big League Wrap on Fox and he sounded extremely confident he would be at the Dogs next year.
Heard that too, said he has every intention of staying with the Club because of how much patience hes been shown.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this stage, we have not signed ANY new players to play in the halves.
Based purely on that, who would I rather in our halves next year out of Foran, Wakeham, Lewis or Cogger...???
The answer is easy for me anyway.

that said - there is a price, and no way is it more than 400k. 350k would be better!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran when he receives decent service from dummy half - as we saw today can identify mistakes in the opposition defence UNLIKE Wakeham, Lewis or Cogger. Without him I'm concerned we won't score a f..king point in most games next season. We talk about how hard it is to attract decent players, how we have to pay extra to get players to leave their established club. We already have a top class half in Foran and we have the advantage with him - others would have to pay more to lure him away. Will he play every game and never get a serious injury again ? No-one knows but he is definitely worth us paying 400K- 450K to if we're paying Jacko 700K, Thompson 750K and Hopa 450K or more. When on the field he has a lot more impact than most and I hate to think what our attack would be like without him. Wakeham's not ready, may never be. Lewis and Cogger don't have the skills. Doesn't look like we can get Hastings because he and Barrett still don't talk apparently. Burton isn't off contract until the end of 2021. If Barrett's doing his job (on the side) properly he should definitely be talking to Foran ASAP

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if Foran actually has other offers on the table. But if he cops another injury this year interest in his signature is probably going to dry up.

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Habibi @Dexter35 is Foran staying or going?
Tolman is definitely gone.

Foran has received an offer from the Dogs (on the advice and value from Barrett) and Foran has advised that he will take a 50% pay cut. Work it out from $1.2m.

As far as i am aware, he has not received any other offers from other clubs, though the noise whistler does have Kieran on speed dial.

Foran will have 3 options

1. Take Dogs offer
2. Retire
3. Des Hasler

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman is definitely gone.

Foran has received an offer from the Dogs (on the advice and value from Barrett) and Foran has advised that he will take a 50% pay cut. Work it out from $1.2m.

As far as i am aware, he has not received any other offers from other clubs, though the noise whistler does have Kieran on speed dial.

Foran will have 3 options

1. Take Dogs offer
2. Retire
3. Des Hasler
If Foran is holding out for 600k then he's out of his mind. I hope the club just pulls the offer completely.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
400-500k is fair. That's the same with Elliott. I don't think we should be losing these type of players for 50-100k. Anymore and let them go. We're not in a position to replace them for the same value for money (output) on different players anyways.