News Foran wants future sorted soon

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No club would pay 600k for him. Knights have said no and im guessing no other real interest. In reality he hasnt been able to stay on the field consistently since 2014,why anyone would think that will change in 2021 i dont know
Plus he's a year older and another year closer to retirement. $350k overs really when you factor in his 55% game availability already established over 3 years. You can put your house on it that that is all you'll get out of him....only playing half the seasons games!

He is not worth the disruption to the coaches' game plans and teams can't sustain that level of known injury with a rebuilding salary cap.

I hope the club hold the line with a low offer and dont cave in thereby jeopardizing some other players future and our roster going forward.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was good yesterday, but he is not worth the risk, we have to look to the future, Averillo at 6 and either Cogger, Wakeham, Lewis or BBO at 7, if we can't find anyone better.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus he's a year older and another year closer to retirement. $350k overs really when you factor in his 55% game availability already established over 3 years. You can put your house on it that that is all you'll get out of him....only playing half the seasons games!

He is not worth the disruption to the coaches' game plans and teams can't sustain that level of known injury with a rebuilding salary cap.

I hope the club hold the line with a low offer and dont cave in thereby jeopardizing some other players future and our roster going forward.
If our club makes him an offer, and he hasn't received others from other clubs, he would know that the offer would be his last, hence he might not put in, in which case any money paid to him will be wasted.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If our club makes him an offer, and he hasn't received others from other clubs, he would know that the offer would be his last, hence he might not put in, in which case any money paid to him will be wasted.
If he doesn't put in it's further evidence and confirmation of what a lot suspect....that he is playing a preservation game hoping not to get injured or sulking cos of money as you explain could be on the cards if he doesn't put in his best effort.

I just think its crazy to even contemplate re-signing him at any price.

No other team would likely pay him much more and no other team would want to pay a 55% appearance fee.

Can't see rorters for instance re-signing Keary under the same circumstances as Foran's record with us. They'd be rejoicing that it was his last contract year.

Let's cut our losses and move on to a more stabilized roster with the money to do so.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he wants 300-400k give him a year. If he wants more see ya foz thanks for the 3 years of 40% on field and enjoy the 3.5 mil

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It could be telling either way though, right?
If Baz and Foz haven’t spoken it may be because Baz believes he’ll be here next year and there’s plenty of time to talk later. In Herb’s case it may have been that Baz said he’s not in the plans and wishes him well so it may have been a short conversation. Both scenarios sound plausible to me...
I agree, but the ball is in the clubs court now...
If we intend to keep him, I would offer a fair contract based on performances valid only if he stays uninjured till end of the season.
The club shouldn't fall under a pressured making decision from Foz and manager !
It will not be the end of the world if he doesn't resign !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Awesome. Any chance were shopping Lewis and Napa?
If Tolman is re-signed I’ll Fucking snap.

Him and Napa need to go this year and next year (once he is off contract) Napa went ok yday issue is he doesn’t put on week in week out. Tolman is a prop from 7 years ago. He’s Fucking woeful.

Fuck them both off asap. I’d rather Renouf and Ogden and save the $ (still hope like fick we manage to sign a fisher Harris, rcg, Paulo, tko, haas, papali, Vaughan type prop etc) prob no chance but still fucking need someone like this.

Side note Wouldn’t mind the sharks dude who played centre talaki or whatever dude goes hard. Can play backrow and replace chn!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he doesn't put in it's further evidence and confirmation of what a lot suspect....that he is playing a preservation game hoping not to get injured or sulking cos of money as you explain could be on the cards if he doesn't put in his best effort.

I just think its crazy to even contemplate re-signing him at any price.

No other team would likely pay him much more and no other team would want to pay a 55% appearance fee.

Can't see rorters for instance re-signing Keary under the same circumstances as Foran's record with us. They'd be rejoicing that it was his last contract year.

Let's cut our losses and move on to a more stabilized roster with the money to do so.
The question remains what are our options
Keep glass-man Foran or...
Get old-men Green and or Maloney
We definitely need experienced leaders !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Tolman is re-signed I’ll Fucking snap.

Him and Napa need to go this year and next year (once he is off contract) Napa went ok yday issue is he doesn’t put on week in week out. Tolman is a prop from 7 years ago. He’s Fucking woeful.

Fuck them both off asap. I’d rather Renouf and Ogden and save the $ (still hope like fick we manage to sign a fisher Harris, rcg, Paulo, tko, haas, papali, Vaughan type prop etc) prob no chance but still fucking need someone like this.

Side note Wouldn’t mind the sharks dude who played centre talaki or whatever dude goes hard. Can play backrow and replace chn!
I would pay for Napa to leave
He is the biggest rag doll ever, makes Ben Czislowski look like Arthur Beetson !!!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is definitely gone.

Foran has received an offer from the Dogs (on the advice and value from Barrett) and Foran has advised that he will take a 50% pay cut. Work it out from $1.2m.

As far as i am aware, he has not received any other offers from other clubs, though the noise whistler does have Kieran on speed dial.

Foran will have 3 options

1. Take Dogs offer
2. Retire
3. Des Hasler
Are you guessing or know as fact? Didn't you say Barrett rumours were BS

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really hope Barrett extends the olive branch to Jackson Hastings, settles any past differences and can sell the future plans to him as I really believe he would solve all our halfback issues. But yes, I know I am living in a dream world....but hey, weird things can happen

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope Barrett extends the olive branch to Jackson Hastings, settles any past differences and can sell the future plans to him as I really believe he would solve all our halfback issues. But yes, I know I am living in a dream world....but hey, weird things can happen
More chance of SBW coming back :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The question remains what are our options
Keep glass-man Foran or...
Get old-men Green and or Maloney
We definitely need experienced leaders !!!
We need to buy a younger 5/8 or promote Avo or Hoppa if we cant get Burton.

Experienced leader for only 50% of the time isn't a decent enough option either.

Exact same situation with Foran and Tolman. Game is faster and they aren't up to speed with what they have to offer majority of the season..if we want Top 8. If we are happy with Top 12 then yeah re-sign him to patch us up for another year.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would pay for Napa to leave
He is the biggest rag doll ever, makes Ben Czislowski look like Arthur Beetson !!!
The Roosters rarely are HAPPY for a forward to go...trust me they weren't unhappy when Napa left.

Reactions: DT

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould said if he was at the Bulldogs he would not be offering Foran more than $300,000, and was unapologetic in his assessment of the No.6's value.
He's not wrong, around the 300-400k absolute maximum with the contract heavily incentive based, especially on the games he plays