News Foran wants future sorted soon

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I found the NRL article. I wouldn't read too much into it...as I suspected Baz is a nice guy and he was clearly taking this piss. For a second there I was actually worried Lewis may be the long term 7. Phew

Incoming head coach Trent Barrett, who has already reached out to Lewis, will bring a wealth of experience having represented NSW and Australia as a playmaker.

"He gave me a phone call last week just to say, 'Enjoy your footy mate. There's a few things we can work on when I come there'," Lewis said.

"But apart from that it's just let's have a good old crack for this season. I've never had Trent as a coach myself but I've heard some really good things.

"I've heard he did some really good things for Daly [Cherry-Evans] over at Manly [from 2016-18]. That's exciting. I just want to learn. I've only played 30-odd games."

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh crap. I get this sick feeling that Barrett may see it as a personal challenge to turn Lewis into a proper 7...like those teen movies where they turn the ugly girl into a hottie.
Hopefully he only called Lewis to tell tim to pack his bags.
Or get on a protein diet and add 10 kg to play lock

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh crap. I get this sick feeling that Barrett may see it as a personal challenge to turn Lewis into a proper 7...like those teen movies where they turn the ugly girl into a hottie.
Hopefully he only called Lewis to tell tim to pack his bags.
The halves may not be the long term position for Lewis under Barrett's coaching. As mentioned above, he may opt to try bulking him up and playing him as a lock. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we had the extra kicking option and backup for if a half went down in game.

As far as those movies go where they turn the ugly duckling into the beautiful swan, it usually just requires taking the glasses off, a change of hairstyle and getting her to smile. It usually ends up with them recognising that they were actually pretty hot without the changes anyway. Lewis isn't a game breaker, but like the above mentioned superficial changes, his long kicking plays a big part in us getting field position when the forwards don't make huge metres. And he's generally not a worry defensively. He'll have a long career in the NRL even if it isn't with us.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The halves may not be the long term position for Lewis under Barrett's coaching. As mentioned above, he may opt to try bulking him up and playing him as a lock. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we had the extra kicking option and backup for if a half went down in game.

As far as those movies go where they turn the ugly duckling into the beautiful swan, it usually just requires taking the glasses off, a change of hairstyle and getting her to smile. It usually ends up with them recognising that they were actually pretty hot without the changes anyway. Lewis isn't a game breaker, but like the above mentioned superficial changes, his long kicking plays a big part in us getting field position when the forwards don't make huge metres. And he's generally not a worry defensively. He'll have a long career in the NRL even if it isn't with us.
Fair point but I just don't see him as a lock. There is also talk of Burton eventually transitioning to lock (similar to Wade Graham). If we get Burton, he'd still be the better option there. Our long kicking game is a major concern though.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green has just signed with Newcastle for this season....what does that mean for Foran?
It means it’s the usual media bullshitting to sell papers or click baiting! Foran has come out and said he wants to remain at the dogs. Until the club or Foz comes out saying any different, I will entrust he is a stand up fellow, and will repay the dogs for the past 3 years!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless there is someone more experienced and BETTER available would much rather see us keep Foz
I’m happy for him to not even kick long/general play. between another good half and a great Hooker that shouldn’t be too far fetched. Maybe he can just do some shorter more attacking kick. We look good the majority of time when Foran gets the ball. Even if we had a second tier half and a good Hooker and he could preserve his body he would no doubt hit elite status again.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As good as Foran is/was/can be, I’d rather him gone. What’s the point of having a good player in an important position that plays at best half a season?

Realistically he’s not even a game changer, how many games has he honestly helped us win? To disrupting to the team having him in and out
Bloke would leading the Dally Ms at the Storm or Roosters

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless there is someone more experienced and BETTER available would much rather see us keep Foz
I’m happy for him to not even kick long/general play. between another good half and a great Hooker that shouldn’t be too far fetched. Maybe he can just do some shorter more attacking kick. We look good the majority of time when Foran gets the ball. Even if we had a second tier half and a good Hooker and he could preserve his body he would no doubt hit elite status again.
Agree totally, he is getting more confidence (in his body) each week. A fit and confident Foran is better than most halves in the NRL! But an injured Foran is a total waste of salary cap, as we have seen over the past 3 years.

I hope he pays the club back and resigns for $500 max, but I wouldn’t offer him that until he has seen out the remaining games this year. If he falls to a major injury again, I’m sorry to say but it will be the end his tenure with our proud club.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been playing way better since Pay has left, in-fact we can all see the whole club is. And his confidence seems to be rubbing off on Lewis, or maybe Pay was stifling his game also!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or if he didn’t have the injury he suffered in the test match. If he can get through this season and the preseason under TBaz we will be a force!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps some additional facts and corrections, his current wife Karina May Ormsby/Steinwede/Foran actually has 6 kids.
Her ex is Matt Steinwede who is the #1 McGrath Agent in Australia, so he has no problems paying for his share of the 6 children.
Foran split the proceeds form the sale of his first house at Freshwater with his ex wife, Rebecca Pope and paid cash for a new house in St Ives, which is on 1200 sq metres.
Foran is apparently not the father of one of Rebecca Pope's 2 children, the youngest Jordan, which was the reason for the breakup. And a great deal of his mental problems back in 2016.
In summary, nope he doesn't need the money, even without his substantial family support.

Go Dogs
Hey bro but you forgot a key fact: you don’t know shit about the relationship of Kieran and his father. Therefore you don’t know if he can rely on anything from him. And I can tell you that their relationship isn’t so rosy..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey bro but you forgot a key fact: you don’t know shit about the relationship of Kieran and his father. Therefore you don’t know if he can rely on anything from him. And I can tell you that their relationship isn’t so rosy..
Either way MOST parents want their children to succeed in life, so they earn a living and the right to the inheritance once parents pass.