Foran to retire !

Banned
Reaction score
3 very raw halves next yr... What if we need an old head? I don't rate him but I had a look, there is nobody else unless u look towards the ESL.
Jackson is an old head, shove Toleman in the mix too, as he's oft got hands on the ball in the last few in a set!

Bulldogs fan here:
Agree with most. Time for him to give it away. Big heart tough just unlucky. Poor kid. He will get free tix to NZ for life
Are you the reincarnation of Nasheed?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to hear .. very hard not to like Foran. But best for the club and him to retire but you can’t make him retire, would love for him to join coaching staff personally

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually a fan of Walker but if we're getting a Half I'd prefer a Halfback - which isn't really available: Croft, Townsend, ?
I really appreciate the instinct/feeling play style (if the NRL ever fixed the play the ball speed - defence holding players up/wrestle he'd be a god) but I'm scared of players around the 30 or over on big money. Maybe that's just because of Foran... Plenty of players I'd want beforehand but I wouldn't say no tho.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings???? Seems to have found his form in England, Man of Steel this year (I think), kicking game, goal kicker, organising half....could be worth a shot and wouldn't cost a fortune

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It makes you wonder re the cap restrictions that if we have a list of the upcoming starts who were caught underpaying player contracts that did not keep pace with talent development, we can take them from 250K to 500k or even 600K and lock them up for the next 3 - 5 years. Given their Club is hamstrung with their cap most teams are operating at their max cap potential, this should give us an advantage given the extreme pendulum we've been on thanks to Des Dib & Co. Surely paying for the stars that are severely underpaid is the way to go because that extra 250K - 300K will make a big difference to their life.

Paying for established stars does give us certainy and may be there is room for one of those, but you want someone consistent at that level.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until knowing the reasons why they pulled out I can't really slag them. I just hope they offered 900k-1m and the Tigers offer made them pull it. The indecision between officials/board is a worry tho. It shows that they're not on the same page regarding recruitment - their method. If he ends up somewhere for less then 900k I'll be fuming. It's also possible not having the funds to fit him in for 2020 made it impossible but if Foran does get medically retired you'd think we'd have enough.
Lets put our faith in our Board. They've done their due diligence and decided Mitchell is not worth the money hes requesting to play centre. We have a good FB in DWZ and whatever may be said of Dallins passing skills, which no doubt can be improved, theres no doubting his attitude.

For all those with short memories it was the inclusion of DWZ into our side that coincided with our line in the sand change in attitude. So the question is this....Would Mitchell bring the same attitude as DWZ?Would it be worth shuffling DWZ to say wing to accomodate Mitchell at FB? - how des this affect Dallins attitude and how does this improve our centre position?

Mitchell turned down a 2 year $800Kpa deal with Roosters to play centre. This deal would of made him the highest paid centre in the game. It got rejected, so he believes hes worth more.

I must admit Ive changed my opinion on Mitchell and while hes a current Australian rep...hes not a $850k+ a season centre. He doesnt do enough, his attitude is questionable, he goes missing in games and is an unknown quantity running off Lewis and Cogger. Too big a risk. The dogs have dodged a bullet. Good luck wherever you end up Latrell. It wont be the Dogs whatever transpires with Forans shoulder injury.

Banned
Reaction score
It makes you wonder re the cap restrictions that if we have a list of the upcoming starts who were caught underpaying player contracts that did not keep pace with talent development, we can take them from 250K to 500k or even 600K and lock them up for the next 3 - 5 years. Given their Club is hamstrung with their cap most teams are operating at their max cap potential, this should give us an advantage given the extreme pendulum we've been on thanks to Des Dib & Co. Surely paying for the stars that are severely underpaid is the way to go because that extra 250K - 300K will make a big difference to their life.

Paying for established stars does give us certainy and may be there is room for one of those, but you want someone consistent at that level.
This is what a lot of us have been trying to convince Brad?Brady & Co of, to no avail.
I wish you wellness and luck in your impossible pursuit!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets put our faith in our Board. They've done their due diligence and decided Mitchell is not worth the money hes requesting to play centre. We have a good FB in DWZ and whatever may be said of Dallins passing skills, which no doubt can be improved, theres no doubting his attitude.

For all those with short memories it was the inclusion of DWZ into our side that coincided with our line in the sand change in attitude. So the question is this....Would Mitchell bring the same attitude as DWZ?Would it be worth shuffling DWZ to say wing to accomodate Mitchell at FB? - how des this affect Dallins attitude and how does this improve our centre position?

Mitchell turned down a 2 year $800Kpa deal with Roosters to play centre. This deal would of made him the highest paid centre in the game. It got rejected, so he believes hes worth more.

I must admit Ive changed my opinion on Mitchell and while hes a current Australian rep...hes not a $850k+ a season centre. He doesnt do enough, his attitude is questionable, he goes missing in games and is an unknown quantity running off Lewis and Cogger. Too big a risk. The dogs have dodged a bullet. Good luck wherever you end up Latrell. It wont be the Dogs whatever transpires with Forans shoulder injury.
Latrell is a 700k Centre and the best Centre in the game. We obviously have to pay more then that tho. I really do hope there is another seesaw in our favour. From what I gathered the Roosters played hard ball with Latrell with their 650k offer. Latrell's position at the Roosters was untenable before there 800k which they withdrew almost immediately when they realised. Also I'm not going to dis a player for signing somewhere else for an exra 200-300k (possibly more). I think it's almost silly not to especially if it's long term. Even tho I think he'll be a massive miss we just move down the list if we miss out on him. We're not going to get any top talent for value I hope you understand that (that sounds like your main concern regarding the Latrell situation). If I told you Frizell or Arrow would be 900k-1m I doubt you'd want to sign them either.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Latrell is a 700k Centre and the best Centre in the game. We obviously have to pay more then that tho. I really do hope there is another seesaw in our favour. From what I gathered the Roosters played hard ball with Latrell with their 650k offer. Latrell's position at the Roosters was untenable before there 800k which they withdrew almost immediately when they realised. Also I'm not going to dis a player for signing somewhere else for an exra 200-300k (possibly more). I think it's almost silly not to especially if it's long term. Even tho I think he'll be a massive miss we just move down the list if we miss out on him. We're not going to get any top talent for value I hope you understand that (that sounds like your main concern regarding the Latrell situation). If I told you Frizell would be 900k-1m I doubt you'd want to sign him either.
We do NOT have to do anything!
We as a club choose our destiny!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We do NOT have to do anything!
We as a club choose our destiny!
If we don't want any top talent then you're right.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can purchase multiples of emerging talent, that shows genuine signs of being top talent, for a fraction of one marquee player.
The best emerging talent other clubs will want to. So we're going to overpay on emerging talent? Also less chance they're going to perform (or reach their potential) compared to top players.

Banned
Reaction score
The best emerging talent other clubs will want to. So we're going to overpay on emerging talent? Also less chance they're going to perform (or reach their potential) compared to top players.
Would you rather pay say 50k more for Cook as an emerging talent as an example of our own stupidity, or 3-500k more for a marquee player (which will buy an emerging talented player for a season or two)?

I'd rather 3 emerging talents competing against each other for a longer term contract, than pay for one proven talent!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would you rather pay say 50k more for Cook as an emerging talent as an example of our own stupidity, or 3-500k more for a marquee player (which will buy an emerging talented player for a season or two)?

I'd rather 3 emerging talents competing against each other for a longer term contract, than pay for one proven talent!
You think it's that easy to find the next Cook? You're gambling on everyone you buy in hope they react their potential. Remember Lichaa was an emerging talent... other clubs will also compete and pay overs for the best emerging talent... or they'll just sign with the Roosters, Storm, etc. Also what players are you talking about? Under 18 or just coming into first grade talent?

Banned
Reaction score
You think it's that easy to find the next Cook? You're gambling on everyone you buy in hope they react their potential. Remember Lichaa was an emerging talent... other clubs will also compete and pay overs for the best emerging talent... or they'll just sign with the Roosters, Storm, etc.
That's the point of sourcing out the best 2 or 3 that you can in lower grades and pitch them against each other, isn't it?
Find and blood your juniors against each other, retain those with the most promise and recruit more juniors in areas that are lacking.
Cheaper and easier to develop new talent, than convince entrenched marquee stars to come to someone that didn't bother with them in the first place!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the point of sourcing out the best 2 or 3 that you can in lower grades and pitch them against each other, isn't it?
Find and blood your juniors against each other, retain those with the most promise and recruit more juniors in areas that are lacking.
Cheaper and easier to develop new talent, than convince entrenched marquee stars to come to someone that didn't bother with them in the first place!
So using your 'lets say' we're going to overpay 150k for three players where it's very possible none of them can reach their potential when we could of signed a top talent for almost the same amount. I think that's even worse then not going after marquee players. You're also not going to get the best two to three emerging talent coming through because other clubs will pay overs and if they're THAT good they'll be on Haas, Fifita, etc contracts basically as soon as they debut. Every club has the best emerging talent circled for years in advance. Before they're even ready for NRL. There needs to be a mix of everything if I'm being honest. A marquee signing, top players and whatever you're saying.

Last edited: