News Foran replacement grabs Bulldogs chance

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His kicking game is very good but fmd his defence is awful absolute speed hump at times
Atleast he throws himself into tackles and uses his shoulders. Just wish he would be a better speed bump and grab a leg like Wakeham does ! His got plenty of Polly about him, even the defence part.

Last edited:

Adder

New Pup
Reaction score
I have been a big fan of cogger from the start. He should have probably played the game in the 90s. Would have played 200 games. I like the way he engages the line. Has a decent short kicking game. Controlling half. May not be flashy. May not be a game changer. But will do his role.

he is the type of half Bellamy would take in and make him a multiple nrl champion.

Apart from his famous name and his front on defence I haven’t seen anything to suggest Lewis is our long term option. The perfect compliment for Foran would be cogger who can actually set up his outside men and can pass or kick to try assists.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I used to watch him in Canterbury cup they used to have Lewis in the centres

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For mine the starting halves should be Wakeham and Lewis. Lewis' winning record over the last 2 seasons speaks for itself & Shifty rates Wakeham as the best half of the three which is good enough for me.
Either way we need halves that have a good kicking game and don't leak points in defence. There aren't too many quality halves in the comps so I'll take the two that tick these two boxes the best.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's more of a 6 than 7 but if it's him and Lewis starting then hopefully he's the 7...if that makes sense. Still think we're absolutely nuts not to be starting Wakeham in the 7. Probably doesn't matter much as we mostly just split the halves and will probably do the same again this season.
Wakeham has to be in the side Lewis is only a good defender.one side of Lewis I don’t like is his cockiness.he was brought back to earth last year when he had some shokers.but he loved getting in front of the tv.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham has to be in the side Lewis is only a good defender.one side of Lewis I don’t like is his cockiness.he was brought back to earth last year when he had some shokers.but he loved getting in front of the tv.
You won't get any arguments from me defending Lewis lol. Good defender, biggest boot at the club and a competitor..that's what he has going for him. Unfortunately for him we're in a period where you need some genuine attacking spark from your spine to break down teams and come up with the right plays when momentum swings your way.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox sports put up an article today saying cogger and wakeham could be the teams best halves choice after their effort at the nines with Lewis a bench utility

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox sports put up an article today saying cogger and wakeham could be the teams best halves choice after their effort at the nines with Lewis a bench utility
Well it’s the logical choice , it’s probably how it should go, and we want wakeham in anyway..!! Not to phased about Lewis, but see how he goes when he gets a run and it may change.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol. I don't disagree with them as a halves pairing but for them to post that article after the 9s is a bit of laugh.

Anyway we're 20 something days away from the NRL? My money's on Pay picking pretty much the most experienced squad possible so Lewis and Cogger will start.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
give it a solid crack son, its his time to show what he is really made of.

his opportunity to shine.