Foran & Pearce

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if you read the beetota advocate satire posts on fb todays one saying bulldogs pulled out of the race for pearce due to fears for the mascott pretty funny
Lo no but did above just now

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t have the salary sombrero that Uncle Nick has at the roosters... The only way would be shedding more players and I don’t think it’s worth it. Yes he is a halfback but I think we should make a play for Brock Lamb from Newcastle as the knights are really the cashed up side and I believe Joey Johns would lure Mitchell to them. Manly he would play 5/8 to DCE (same scenario as roosters with Cronk basically) Sharks (do they suddenly have a salary sombrero also?)
He wouldn’t go to warriors. So I’m thinking Knights if he does leave

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Robinson has told Pearce he's in the halves next year. Keary to be shifted ...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Pearce goes to the Sharks to partner Maloney which is a possibility then that leaves out Chad Townsend. Chad is much improved, plays in the halves, would come cheaper and is a decent goal kicker. Makes sense.
I could honestly see Sharks pissing off Maloney and Townsend and picking up Pearce and Moylon to be their halves... seems pretty obscure but the way they have signed players of late it wouldnt suprise me.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every time some nuffie comes onto the market, people say we should sign them. We have some good talent in the lower grades and they deserve a chance to see how they go in the top grade.
The chance they did not get under the previous coach. Guys like Lewis, Cleeland, Woolford, Tomaago, Garlick, and a lot of others. They will never show much in lower grades because of the quality of football they play there. The best way of getting the best from a person is to give them some responsibility. No tackle football is not good for development.
I just hope the new coach will give them a go.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not happy about Foran or woods coming over, wish we could've kept Graham and used one of our own halves.

The only move that should have ever been made was Des

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should the dogs make a play for pearce?? Personally the below line up would be premiership contenders:
1. Mbye
2. Montoya
3. Hoppa
4. J.Morris
5. B. Morris
6. Foran
7. Pearce
8. Woods
9. Licha
10. Klemmer
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson

Send tolman to the roosters as they are light on forwards
That side would make the 8. That I have no doubt. Unfortunately the chances of Pearce playing at Canterbury aren’t great. As for Tolman, his services are not required.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are CRAZY...
Why would you want a real grub like this in our club ?
Have you ever stopped to think why the Rorters are swapping him for a 33 year old ?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only just got under the cap and i cant imagine any clubs helping us out to get rid of players to fit him in. Youd take him in a second though, hes miles better than most halves in the comp. Great kicking game, running game, passing game and directs a side around well

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah with all that spare room in the cap we have, think he'll accept $10/yr?
True but now with Kaz gone we have a lot of kebabs to throw at Pearce along with as many RSPCA visits as he likes :grinning:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah with all that spare room in the cap we have, think he'll accept $10/yr?
He does from the Roosters (+ brown paper bags, a Ford dealership & a block of flats) & that's OK by the NRL

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think all the other clubs should band together & make a pact NOT to sign ANY Roosters players so they end up over the cap & have many unhappy players. The longer we go on the more corrupt the NRL seems to be. This Cronk deal is going to put a further dent in the crowds & TV viewership

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I could honestly see Sharks pissing off Maloney and Townsend and picking up Pearce and Moylon to be their halves... seems pretty obscure but the way they have signed players of late it wouldnt suprise me.
In that scenaro, however unlikely, I'd love Maloney at the club. Would form a great pairing with Foran and can kick goals. It won't happen though. Remember he wanted out (or so we are told) of the Sharks so that he could sign a bigger contract somewhere else and we aren't in a position to do that. As for Townsend, I don't rate him and would rather give Cleeland a shot.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every time some nuffie comes onto the market, people say we should sign them. We have some good talent in the lower grades and they deserve a chance to see how they go in the top grade.
The chance they did not get under the previous coach. Guys like Lewis, Cleeland, Woolford, Tomaago, Garlick, and a lot of others. They will never show much in lower grades because of the quality of football they play there. The best way of getting the best from a person is to give them some responsibility. No tackle football is not good for development.
I just hope the new coach will give them a go.
That's exactly how Dean Pay will approach his coaching at the Bulldogs.He wants to bring up players first before he hits the market.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's exactly how Dean Pay will approach his coaching at the Bulldogs.He wants to bring up players first before he hits the market.
Well it's not like he can exactly hit the market right now.. no doubt we will see some good buys for 2019, hopefully we can land Scott.

Reactions: CCC

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well it's not like he can exactly hit the market right now.. no doubt we will see some good buys for 2019, hopefully we can land Scott.
Well he has 2 international players we coming in.Once the Morris brothers and Eastwood leave(end of 2018) Pay will have money to spend on key positions he thinks need fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.