Foran knocks back dogs offer

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the people at the knights need to watch the games a bit more closely . Kurt Mann has actually been their best player this year by a mile . He is also playing much better than Foran

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t honestly believe we will be worse next season....
Better coach but we'll be worse for player quality. 1 better centre but best half gone and 2 best edge forwards gone so I think it's pretty obvious.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Drop the oxygen thief already..I would rather lose every game till 2021 playing without him rather than watching him in our colours. He either signs a deal or at least a memorandum of understanding with us immediately, or he can fuck off. As soon as Hoppa is fit he goes straight to 6.

team list.JPG

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously what is everyone getting their panties in a twist about?
A 1 year offer of $300k to $400k was never going to accepted.
It is an offer when you are not really making an offer.
Foran won't be at the club next season.
As it stands right now the halves signed for next season are Lewis & Wakeham. Got help us!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Reinforce the offer, no changes. If he leaves that’s fine, if he doesn’t get a bite somewhere else and comes back knocking in 6wks, then we knock $50k off the original offer and tell him we used the money up while he jerked us around looking for more money. I’m not a huge Milford fan. But, if the rumours are true about Broncos paying $600k+ of his $1M contract for next year, maybe we pull the offer and organise Foran’s farewell poster and welcome Milford for 2021.
Keep dreaming, no way Broncos will pay $600k of Milford's contact.
You know rugby league journalists make up stories all the time right?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all knew that Foran would go where the most money was. I don't think there's much truth to this Newcastle story but he was never accepting our low offer. And that's fine...

I'm glad the club is lowballing him as he's too much of an injury risk and we need to move on.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another option is we could go for a talented player who is looking for an opportunity?
Flanagan was under contract until 2021 before the Roosters came calling.
Its frustrating how many talented players under contract we have released but rarely return the favour.
Have you ever wondered why ?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose Barrett should have some say if he is to be retained.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I suppose Barrett should have some say if he is to be retained.
You would hope so as head coach, but I did take from Hills comments the other day that the coach needs to focus on training the team and not on the front office or words to that effect. Made me wonder who is making calls on the roster and what input the coach has.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which one mate?? :-)
I don’t mind the new layout and I’m getting used to it but those buttons would be handy!
It was just a bit of a joke,all good
I also don’t mind it to be honest with you.
We will probably see some changes and additions down the track once everybody settles back into the groove.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex McKinnon said on Twitter that Mann has been their best player this year and Foran won’t be there next year .

Not sure how his manager can use that as leverage against the dogs to get him a better deal .

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bye bye c***....don't let the door hit you on the way out. Paid the c*** $3million for 20 games and they say that SBW is a mercenary c***. This c*** is right up there with him!!

*Foran lets the door hit him on the way out, now expected to be out for 3 years after the door hits him harder than expected. :laughing:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would hope so as head coach, but I did take from Hills comments the other day that the coach needs to focus on training the team and not on the front office or words to that effect. Made me wonder who is making calls on the roster and what input the coach has.
I remember reading somewhere that Hill said they would be consulting Barrett about roster appointments. They would have to anyway - especially for a spine position and with an attacking coach. No point in getting Barrett and then having Lynne pick his team for him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drop the oxygen thief already..I would rather lose every game till 2021 playing without him rather than watching him in our colours. He either signs a deal or at least a memorandum of understanding with us immediately, or he can fuck off. As soon as Hoppa is fit he goes straight to 6.

View attachment 16261
I like the idea of Hoppa playing in the halves - apart fom a kicking game he seems to have the skill set to be effective there

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is absolutely no doubt that Foran is the best half in the club. However his fitness problems have
severely impacted his long term progress. The few successes we have had were all on the back of Forans play.
The offer made by the Dogs is only an initial offer. It is testing the water. Depending on the response, another offer may be made.
He has repeatedly said he would prefer to stay at the Dogs. He is a good mentor to the young guys coming through.
Just relax and see what happens.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would anyone give a shit if he leaves? and no $400K is not a low ball offer. He isn’t a game winner for us, we are currently running dead fucking last and haven’t made the finals in years with him. That’s when he is even actually even on the field. Someone explain to me why he is worth any more than what we have offered?