Foran finally fit and raring to bark for Bulldogs

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
his signing was a glaring lack of due delingence on the Club’s behalf.
Foran has to take most of the blame.

He would have known he wouldn't last the season, but nope all he saw was his bank balance increase.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He would have known he wouldn't last the season, but nope all he saw was his bank balance increase.
The biggest head fuck in all of this, is the muppets who agreed and signed him on a ridiculous contract

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you bluff a job interview, fake your CV & get offered a top pay packet, you’re going to tell your new employer “ I’m not really that qualified, just pay me half of what we agreed....” seriously????
The onus of due diligence was on the Club. If you think any other way- then there are way too many roos loose in your top paddock.
Foran didn’t sign cause he loved our club, he signed because of our then incompetent recruitment crew falling over themselves throwing outrageous monies at him & he grabbed it with both hands... that’s from the horse’s mouth

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a copy and paste of an article this time last year.

Let's put things into perspective here. If Foran didn't have a contract next year and we were the only team that had money to spend, would we buy him? Yeh that's right, I doubt it.

I wish him well and hope he can find form but physically I'm not too sure. Anyway his a Bulldog and we'll get behind him.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest head fuck in all of this, is the muppets who agreed and signed him on a ridiculous contract
That has been the feeing on here pretty much the whole year. One last gift from the previous administration

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he can't run so he will be fucking useless at 5/8.
I remember Baa in has last few years, he was awesome couldn't train, bone on bone in knee with no cartilage and couldn't run, his son was faster then him. But he still kept turning up when needed, kept pushing up through the middle and made a hell of a lot of difference. Baa was quick where it counted, just had some problems with arithmetic and digits.

Not suggesting that Foran is as good as Baa, just saying a player can have an impact even if he is not 100% fit on the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I remember Baa in has last few years, he was awesome couldn't train, bone on bone in knee with no cartilage and couldn't run, his son was faster then him. But he still kept turning up when needed, kept pushing up through the middle and made a hell of a lot of difference. Baa was quick where it counted, just had some problems with arithmetic and digits.

Not suggesting that Foran is as good as Baa, just saying a player can have an impact even if he is not 100% fit on the field.
That's irrelevant in today game though. If players aren't up to it physically then they're going to get caught out time and time again.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what was written about Foran one year ago. 'His head is right', he's fit, ready to go.'

Not his fault - he took a deal that probably ought never have been offered.
This is not a good look.

2009 - 2015 Averaged 21 games per season.
2016 - 9 games
2017 - 17 games
2018 - 12 games

2019?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He'll straight our attack up even more. Think of it like cloning Lewis and playing both sides of the field with the same impact. Ball to the line, and out the back on either side.

We looked lively when Foran was playing and before he went down injured.

I'm looking forward to him getting out there and ripping in.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's irrelevant in today game though. If players aren't up to it physically then they're going to get caught out time and time again.
Agree totally he will be the no one target for opposition teams in attack and defence no matter what position he plays

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
If he can take some sort of pressure off young Lewis, then I'll be happy. You already know teams will be gunning for our ROTY next season.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be bringing RFM off the bench as a impact player and giving him about 50-60 minutes a game. We need a good bench as well
Ok lets weaken our starting side to strengthen our bench thats a great idea.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran is a smart player. No doubt about it. Worst case scenario he will teach Lewis a thing or two. $1.1 million dollar assistant coach lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok lets weaken our starting side to strengthen our bench thats a great idea.
Do you think a starting backrow of Martin, CHN, Jackson is weak?

It’s a 17 man game these days. You need a strong bench as well to keep momentum going. Need X factor coming off the bench.

When we were flying high early this century you had guys like SBW, Reni and asotasi coming off the bench. They gave guys like O’meley and Mason a break.

Malla

Reaction score
The exact same thing was said about Foran for the start of 2018 I would be absolutely stunned if he played the whole season. Even playing half the season isn’t likely.
Very skeptial too... just want to see him on the field and performing. I am still confident the dynamic with he and Lewis will be great for us IF Foran can get back to 100% fitness and health.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More like Groundhog Day.. heard it all before

Still got my doubts