News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd take Cade Cust back. He's got a good running game. But the club should stay well clear of Dylan Walker.
He does have a good running game but limited organisation skills and not a great signing for us in my opinion.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't someone say before that Baz was offered Walker and he said no...he wanted AFB instead
Manly are the ones keen to get Foz so we dont have to do shit to accommodate them....it's either AFB or nobody
Yes mate I read that too I don’t think Walker is first choice for Baz. Particularly if he’s keen on Burton it wouldn’t make sense. AFB I understand as we’ve had trouble getting over the add line (besides Ogden & To’omaga) and Baz brought AFB over to Manly from the dragons. Not saying it’s a good or bad thing just that the Mail makes sense to me considering the circumstances.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes mate I read that too I don’t think Walker is first choice for Baz. Particularly if he’s keen on Burton it wouldn’t make sense. AFB I understand as we’ve had trouble getting over the add line (besides Ogden & To’omaga) and Baz brought AFB over to Manly from the dragons. Not saying it’s a good or bad thing just that the Mail makes sense to me considering the circumstances.
Oh is the plan to play him at 6? As a center I could understand but as a 6, he's not that good....we already have too many of those :sob:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh is the plan to play him at 6? As a center I could understand but as a 6, he's not that good....we already have too many of those :sob:
Not sure to be honest but he has been at 6 for Manly and did it under Baz. Just my 2 cents but I think we have shelled out good coin for Cotric as a centre I think the next decent chunk of coin should be a hooker.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Foran Manly return hinges on player moving the other way

Kieran Foran's hopes of a Manly return hinge on Dylan Walker reuniting with good mate Trent Barrett at Belmore.

On the same day superstar No.1 Tom Trbojevic was given the green light to return from a hamstring injury for the Sea Eagles' final two matches of the season, talk of Foran heading home to the northern beaches started to gather momentum.

Newcastle or Manly have been top of Foran's wishlist since Canterbury made it clear he was not in their future plans after signing Blake Green last week.

Foran remains friends with Daly Cherry-Evans, with whom he won the 2011 premiership as well as reaching the 2013 grand final.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was also the man who paid Foran $3 million to lure him to Belmore.

But Manly have little space to move in next year's cap, and to have any chance of accommodating Foran would need to move on a player like Walker.

Walker only signed a two-year extension late last year, and the second year of his deal features a hefty pay increase.

He could, however, seek a longer-term contract at Canterbury and the chance to link with incoming coach Barrett.

Barrett and Walker have remained friends since Barrett departed Manly. Barrett is heavily invested with table-topping Penrith as an assistant coach but has also been quietly laying the foundations at Belmore. It's understood there have not yet been any formal discussions about Walker.

Walker played some of his best football in 2017 under Barrett, the coach who fell out of favour at Manly. "He's one of best blokes I know," Walker said. "He's one of the smartest footy brains I know. He's a good guy to be around. He cares about his players, and that's all you want."

The experience of Foran and Cherry-Evans would make them one of the most lethal combinations in the competition.

Foran knows he will not get anything near the $1.2m he was supposed to earn at the Bulldogs this year before COVID-19 struck.

Canterbury were prepared to pay around $450,000 next year, with more than $100,000 of that deal contingent on the 30-year-old playing a certain amount of games.

Negotiations fell over when Foran's camp pushed for a second year. Foran only found out about Green, a 33-year-old now recovering from a ruptured ACL, when the club were about to announce his signing publicly late last week.

Foran told the Herald last week he was ''not going to kick stones'' but knew there was no future at the Dogs.

The Knights also have appeal given the presence of Foran's childhood friend Mitchell Pearce. But like Manly, Newcastle are not flush with funds for 2021.

Late last week, Andrew Johns said on his Nine segment Immortal Behaviour he would be a great fit for Newcastle and Pearce.

"That'd be a nice marriage up there," Johns said. "I still think Kieran Foran has got at least two really quality years in his body."

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck we suck. How we didn’t sign him on the cheap for two years is beyond me. At least we would’ve got some kinda return on investment.
Again, anyone completely rubbishing Foran,I will put 3k on it (we can easily frame a market on a third party site) that whoever signs Foran will finish above us on the NRL table, if we sign a top tier half (Munster, DCE caliber) or a second tier half (Pearce, Morgan, Adam Reynolds caliber) the bet will nullified. If we sign Burton from Penrith I’m still happy to take the bet. Money where your mouth’s are people!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett’s ideas seem atrocious thus far.. even in the article about asking Green for advice and what would Craig Bellamy do raises some real alarm bells. Strap yourselves in for 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Barrett’s ideas seem atrocious thus far.. even in the article about asking Green for advice and what would Craig Bellamy do raises some real alarm bells. Strap yourselves in for 2021.
Was that in regards to Barrett's time at Manly, Barrett is an inexperienced head
coach really.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was, but still..
‘Hey Blake can you gimme some advice?, what would Craig do’

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seriously wtf are we going to with Walker? His best footy has been at right centre? Is that not where Cotric is going to play? Fmd

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate Walker, hes an average first grade centre at best!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watched him play since under 6s was a cat then is cat now and will always be a cat. Lays down injured in every tackle. Done it all his life. Would be a stain on a Bulldogs jersey.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the Dogs sign Walker so that Manly can sign Foran?

It’s not like we need to get Foran off our books for next year. He’s off contract, and I’m sure as far as the club is concerned, Foran is on his own finding a new club.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The number one question u seek as a coach is what your opponents are thinking... I see no problem leaning on a well establish half back who has played under various types of coaches in the modern game, especially when he has played under one the best in the modern game.

I initially questioned the acquisition of Green but I can see it as a positive now. He will be teaching the kids how to manage games better than Foran and on the road direct the team around the park. The massive negative is his injury which is just shit but hearing things like he will be a good coach himself one day helps shed light on what his main role will be when given opportunity.