News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to keep Foran but for only 2 years until avo and Wakeham are ready and get burton to partner him. Hopefully after that avo is ready and we can have him with burton as our long term halves with even Wakeham a possibility with burton too. Or even avo at fullback with Wakeham and burton in the halves and b smith at 9

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to keep Foran but for only 2 years until avo and Wakeham are ready and get burton to partner him. Hopefully after that avo is ready and we can have him with burton as our long term halves with even Wakeham a possibility with burton too. Or even avo at fullback with Wakeham and burton in the halves and b smith at 9
If we sign Burton, the only way to fit all three of them in (Burton, Averillo, Wakeham) is to have Averillo develop into a fullback and Wakeham take Foran's position when he's all used up. From what we've seen Wakeham isn't ready yet.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If we don’t resign Foran there is a real chance that our 1,6,7, and 9 would be worth 420k combined.
All the names being thrown around would be lucky to be on minimum wage at a smarter and more successful club.

1. Meaney min wage
6.Burton min wage
7.Wake/LewisAvo whoever else min wage quality (jury still out on Avo but a good system would at least make him prove his worth before throwing money at him, hence minimum wage)
9.Katoa/JMK possibly wouldn’t make any other 17 in the comp.
Burton isn't coming on minimum wage. Meaney isn't on minimum either. Are you back ending the deals lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Surprised he wants a 3 yr deal. If he plays out this year(if) and has a good year next he will definitely get the big dollars again. I would want Jimmy Maloney but if that's not an option foz for 350 450k for 3 years I can wear. Need to release Lewis which is a hard decision to make :grinning:-

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran going to Manly may be an opportunity to get Walker.

1 Staines
6 Walker
7 Burton
9 B Smith

One can only dream... :tearsofjoy:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the press stuff is true that he is seeking a 3 year deal then I am glad we have moved on from Foran. He is a 1 year deal proposition to any sane club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swap Walker with Avo
Somebody said earlier that Baz was offered Walker but he said no - he wants AFB
Not surprised, Baz saw how rubbish Thompson is and knows we need a genuine prop to do his job

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
By Foran been paid all that money and been in and out of the team, the cost to our club should not be underestimated.
Through injury not effort is my point.
Fuckwitts on here seem to think the injuries are his fault.

When on the field he puts in which isn't the case with some of our other high profile signings to date.
Anyway as soon as I read about the 1 year offer from the club I knew Foran wouldn't be at the club in 2021 which is fine, the club has been burnt by the signing of Foran and probably time to move on.

Kerian will play out the season, hopefully his form stays the same or improves from the last 6 games, which has been good. Helps to get us over the line to win a few games and avoid the spoon.

As for Kerian if he stays on the park and continue to play well he will get offers from other NRL clubs especially if he is prepared to play for $300k to $350k per season.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran is a headache. When he's on the field he's really damn good but every time he takes a solid tackle you get the feeling he won't get up. However 300K in this day and age for a quality half is almost peanuts and he would be worth it in my eyes for 2 years with an option for a third pending injuries

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

When on the field he puts in which isn't the case with some of our other high profile signings to date.
Anyway as soon as I read about the 1 year offer from the club I knew Foran wouldn't be at the club in 2021 which is fine, the club has been burnt by the signing of Foran and probably time to move on.

Kerian will play out the season, hopefully his form stays the same or improves from the last 6 games, which has been good. Helps to get us over the line to win a few games and avoid the spoon.

As for Kerian if he stays on the park and continue to play well he will get offers from other NRL clubs especially if he is prepared to play for $300k to $350k per season.
Mate /Darling or whatever, Foran's injuries may not be his fault but they have caused our club a lot of problems in the last 3 years.
In his last year at Manly his then team mates/mate said that he was the like an old man, (worn out).
So if we recall his stints at the eels, Warriors and finally at our club due to Des and the panic by our then board, can you deny that what his team mates/mate said 5 years ago has not been proven.
BTW as an old man I'll give you some free advice. If you have forgotten what you saw and heard, you've learned NOTHING, and learning is what life should be about.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think pulling the offer was more to entice someone else over... e.g. maybe they have been talking to someone and they wouldn't commit because they didn't know if Foran would be there or not.

Maybe its Burton maybe not, but I am concerned if we go into next year with two halves that have limited experience. Based on who has been talked about signing; Staines at Fullback, Burton in halves and Brandon Smith at hooker.... we need someone with some experience in the spine somewhere.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ennis has his say

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ennis has his say

Ennis is 100% correct... Waiting for the Foran teabaggers to rubbish Ennis and defend foran....

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

tenor (33).gif