Opinion Foran announcement

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to buy someone else that has enormous potential with the ball in his hands

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

8 out of the last 11 games we have played with Foran have resulted in wins.

When he doesn't play with us, we lose. When he does, we win.

This is Joey like. The last person that's presence resulted in an 80+ win rate and almost a certain 100% lost rate (and a belting) was Andrew Johns. His presence made Newcastle premiership contenders and when he was out for a long period. Spooners.

The only players that have come close are Smith for the Storm and Trbojevic for Manly, but they aren't as striking as this lift rate by Kieran Foran. His presence simply equals wins.

Therefore,
I am officially announcing my endorsement of re-signing Kieran Foran on a further (one year) deal, in the vicinity of 500-600k provided he isn't too injury affected.

Anything less And the other NrL gamblers will swoop in, there's not a huge amount of world class talent in the game atm. Teams will circle. Nasheed.
Sweet now that you've endorsed it I'm happy for the club to resign him.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

This is Joey like. The last person that's presence resulted in an 80+ win rate and almost a certain 100% lost rate (and a belting) was Andrew Johns. His presence made Newcastle premiership contenders and when he was out for a long period. Spooners.

The only players that have come close are Smith for the Storm and Trbojevic for Manly, but they aren't as striking as this lift rate by Kieran Foran. His presence simply equals wins.

Therefore,
I am officially announcing my endorsement of re-signing Kieran Foran on a further (one year) deal, in the vicinity of 500-600k provided he isn't too injury affected.

Anything less And the other NrL gamblers will swoop in, there's not a huge amount of world class talent in the game atm. Teams will circle. Nasheed.
Don't think yesterdays win had much to do with Foran, the whole team was on song after the first 10 mins, if we continue to play like that and Pay makes the obvious changes to the team, we could go all right this year.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't have signed Crichton.

I would ensure we get Bateman. Then make a play at ryan Hall and Jake Friend from the roosters. Then I'd secure Holland for 3 more years on a deal that is satisfactory for him. Then resign Foran and look for a big angry forward, probably from the broncos. We must hang off broncos discards due to their monopoly. I'd also hope for Milford as FB.
I agree with what you are saying but Milford is a terrible idea. He seems pretty toxic and lazy to me and Hoppa can do the job at the moment.

If we had Appi (I know we don’t), a fit Foran, Wakenham in the halves and mid season Bateman, Thomson no doubt we’d be a top 8 side. Which given the circumstances is pretty mind blowing. CHN was a big blow, I believe he’d also make a big difference as well. A fit Foran is an absolute super star, people claiming he was a passenger yesterday have no idea. I’m not against him not kicking either, seemed like a good option for him. I’d limit his kicks to attacking kicks only for the moment.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He should retire from rep footy.

If we had a better half back to pair with him, his job would be so much easier. Would have to do less and probably won't find himself injured as much.
Sign him 300k one year he will help wakeham big time

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If its not Foran going to be re-signed, throw the bank at Munster. We got the $$$ make good use of it. Melbourne wont let him go though.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Therefore,

Racin' Jason here.

For once I actually agree with you Nasheed! Even a broken clock is right twice a day though.....

Seriously, you are on the money with this comment. We NEED a fit and firing Foran and he knows that he owes us and is willing to repay. Sign him up if fit!

Racin' Jason.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely resign Foran at the right price... unless another marquee half comes up available.

It is TOO much to ask for two Rookie halves to develop next to each other, whether it be Cogger, Lewis, Wakeham or Averillo. Teams simply do not succeed when two rookie halves play with each other... The last instance was actually in 2011 when Manly won with Foran (2nd full season, approx 50 games) and DCE (rookie season), however, they had a well established forward pack and a top tier fullback (Brett Stewart) and hooker (Matt Ballin). We don't have any of these conditions.

I think the most promising half should accompany Kieran Foran (or the marquee half if we get them, will probably have to be an cheaper older fellow for salary cap reasons) and develop their game. Don't overburden them with responsibility and pressure. I think this half is Brandon Wakeham.

Averillo can play centre, develop the running game and transition into a running five eighth (like Jack Wighton, Brad Fittler, Laurie Daley).

Lachlan Lewis has excellent fundamentals. For Halfbacks, you have to work your way up from the basics (according to Cooper Cronk). He has excellent defense, and a decent kicking game. We should loan him to a successfull top 8 team where he can take his game to the next level.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely resign Foran at the right price... unless another marquee half comes up available.

It is TOO much to ask for two Rookie halves to develop next to each other, whether it be Cogger, Lewis, Wakeham or Averillo. Teams simply do not succeed when two rookie halves play with each other... The last instance was actually in 2011 when Manly won with Foran (2nd full season, approx 50 games) and DCE (rookie season), however, they had a well established forward pack and a top tier fullback (Brett Stewart) and hooker (Matt Ballin). We don't have any of these conditions.

I think the most promising half should accompany Kieran Foran (or the marquee half if we get them, will probably have to be an cheaper older fellow for salary cap reasons) and develop their game. Don't overburden them with responsibility and pressure. I think this half is Brandon Wakeham.

Averillo can play centre, develop the running game and transition into a running five eighth (like Jack Wighton, Brad Fittler, Laurie Daley).

Lachlan Lewis has excellent fundamentals. For Halfbacks, you have to work your way up from the basics (according to Cooper Cronk). He has excellent defense, and a decent kicking game. We should loan him to a successfull top 8 team where he can take his game to the next level.
Completely agree with you on Averillo and Wakeham. See your point re Lewis, but at the moment, loaning players to other NRL clubs isn't really a thing at the moment?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Completely agree with you on Averillo and Wakeham. See your point re Lewis, but at the moment, loaning players to other NRL clubs isn't really a thing at the moment?
+ No other club would even consider playing him in the halves.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He hobbled the whole game and only kicked a few times, no one can deny his contribution to the team but maybe thats because the team surrounding him is shit

A

Alexander the Great

Jake friend is cooked. We need a fast and young 9.

I would ensure we get Bateman. Then make a play at ryan Hall and Jake Friend from the roosters. Then I'd secure Holland for 3 more years on a deal that is satisfactory for him. Then resign Foran and look for a big angry forward, probably from the broncos. We must hang off broncos discards due to their monopoly. I'd also hope for Milford as FB.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been watching his highlights from his Manly days. I used to think he was a bit quicker but it seems that he was never really that fast.... just ran the ball hard and direct.
Compare that to the highlights below and it seems his pace is pretty much the same..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I believe that paying overs for players too often does more harm than good. One clear example is Hunt, all that money was he worth it, I'd say definitely no.
I believe that St George's problems are caused by the fact that the remainder of the team are pissed off by the very fact that he is been paid all that money for very little contribution.
I would bet my house that St George are in the poo because of player attitude.
Paying overs is the only way for a club in our position to attract players that aren't opportunists or rejects and can't get a better team. When it comes to top players we have no chance if you want to sign them for what they're worth. That's how the market works. There are three contracted top players (marquee) in the spine positions we could pay overs for and be a top eight team which is our goal for next year.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed yourself and youoboys are probably the 2 most respected posters on here. That along with being very good analysts of the game. Your probably the Bennett and Bellamy of the kennel. But can you change your profile pic to more of a bulldogish nature. P.s I hate Souths since 2014.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Therefore,

Oh my god. The board and its supporters are smoking ice. Gotta be

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh my god. The board and its supporters are smoking ice. Gotta be
Yes I smash the pipe hard. It's why I can stay up all night.

Beyond that and beating my dick like it owes me money it doesn't have any negative effect or impede my opinions or thought processes.