For Sale and Wanted to Buy Threads

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These are apparently the rules for this forum

For Sale and Wanted to Buy

Please direct your attention to www.ebay.com.au or any other viable vendor which supplies this service. Do not post a thread asking for your product to be sold, ask for an item to buy or offer 10% increase in length in 2 weeks guaranteed. It’s just not acceptable and will be dealt with accordingly.

Could someone tell me why this is the case?

Automotive forums within Australia have specific sections as follows:

Wanted to buy whole cars & car parts
For sale whole cars & car parts
Traders discounts for site members
Group buys
Etc.

If all these automotive forums have these set-ups then it is not illegal? (or is it?). Many of these forums would not exist without the items listed above.

Obviously this being a Bulldogs RL forum the content would be adjusted accordingly.

Possible items could include:

Wanted to buy memorabilia
For sale memorabilia
Jersey discounts
Used kids jerseys for sale
Interstate accommodation discounts for games
Discount flights for games
Tickets for matches (Finals etc)
Playing gear, footballs, etc.

If someone could fill me in why these threads cant be posted it would be much appreciated.

Also I am not a trader of any sort, I'm just questioning why this is the case?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I also would like to add that I'm not trying to be a smart*ss but I think something like this could improve the site.

If prior problems have resulted because of this please let me know.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say It's likely that people have abused it, or claimed they're selling something and have not come through or something. It'd be more if someone is selling something and you go and pay for the item and then you recieve nothing, I can't see the Kennel wanting to be held liable, whether there is clauses or rules in place.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say It's likely that people have abused it, or claimed they're selling something and have not come through or something. It'd be more if someone is selling something and you go and pay for the item and then you recieve nothing, I can't see the Kennel wanting to be held liable, whether there is clauses or rules in place.
Transactions could still me put through ebay if need be.

I have bought many car parts in the past (approx 30) on Auto forums and have only had 1 problem (crack screen on a boost gauge). The transport of the item was insured and the transport company paid for the purchase as they were at fault.

Also if someone was selling a Hazem El Masri jersey or similar, would you want to know about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think the other crux of the matter is alot more work for adminstrators or moderators when things don't go to plan with a sale.

There used to be a For Sale/Marketplace here but it was rarely used, and again refer to my above comment.